Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freeze frame the Championship table over Xmas ... 

Have a look at just where DCFC are .... 

Bristol City/Cardiff/Burton /Villa .... that's 12 points ... 

Maybe just different perspectives from my fellow posters here ... 

STEVIE MAC is maybe the man to keep us in the CHAMPIONSHIP ... 

5 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

I'm questioning McClaren. 

McClaren just hasn't got it. 

You might be correct but don't you think he's earned the right to prove it ? 

We were on our knees when he was appointed and he did something about it. We ain't going up this season and more importantly we ain't going down, give the guy enough rope to confirm your theory, if he does, you can come on and give it I told you so.

On the other hand, if you're wrong, we've got a decent coach who knows how to entertain the supporters. I hope he sorts it out but he'll need a busy summer to do that.

2 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Freeze frame the Championship table over Xmas ... 

Have a look at just where DCFC are .... 

Yes! And you'll have to agree that the reason we were where we were at Christmas was almost entirely down to the outstanding work of 1 man! 

3 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

You might be correct but don't you think he's earned the right to prove it ? 

We were on our knees when he was appointed and he did something about it. We ain't going up this season and more importantly we ain't going down, give the guy enough rope to confirm your theory, if he does, you can come on and give it I told you so.

On the other hand, if you're wrong, we've got a decent coach who knows how to entertain the supporters. I hope he sorts it out but he'll need a busy summer to do that.

I 'm losing faith in him exploiting opportunities ... 

We weren't on our knees when Pearson left... that's a myth..

Who know's what would have happened if Pearson had stayed ... 

Maybe the patience some fans are giving "OUR SAVIOUR" Stevie Mac would've helped Pearson at the beginning of his time here.... :)

9 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

Yes! And you'll have to agree that the reason we were where we were at Christmas was almost entirely down to the outstanding work of 1 man! 

Garbage. 

We had a fortunate run of fixtures... 

Hitting clubs at the right time when they were down .... 

ALL the big games McCLaren loses....

and now it's not just the BIG games when we're on a roll ..... he's losing games at football clubs there for the beating. 

3 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Garbage. 

We had a fortunate run of fixtures... 

Hitting clubs at the right time when they were down .... 

ALL the big games McCLaren loses....

and now it's not just the BIG games when we're on a roll ..... he's losing games at football clubs there for the beating. 

Take it you didn't go to West Brom  then  ......spoilt whingeing example of a fan.

4 hours ago, DerbyRam! said:

I honestly don't think we would be any worse off in the table had Pearson stayed!!!! Should have been given a season to make it click!

You are joking, Pearson got us 9pts out of our first 10 games. He inherited a good squad, tried to play 4-4-2 in the same style he had at Leicester(his only successful spell in his management career) got rid of our top goalscorer to Fulham, played Will Hughes in a deep holding role, I could gone on about his bully boy tactics etc. Under Mac we would have secured double the points in them first 10 games and now would be sitting in 7th spot with 57pts.

I know some fans would expect more, but Mel's money was spent in the summer by bully boy Pearson. So Mac as been limited to what he could do in the Jan transfer window. In our recent run of no wins in 6, we haven't played dismal, agree we have had a dip in form. All teams in the championship have this, lets hope it comes to Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading, Wednesday and company. We certainly did deserve to lose today, but we are one of those teams who never get the luck with penalty decisions, injuries etc.

Lets hope we have a strong finish, giving hope for next season. Get rid of players that Mac doesn't have in his plans by selling them on for a bit of return and not major loss during the summer and also hope that long term injured players come back next season fitter and stronger.

45 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Maybe the patience some fans are giving "OUR SAVIOUR" Stevie Mac would've helped Pearson at the beginning of his time here.... :)

It doesn't matter whether we were on our knees, feet or sat on our ass, under Pearson the ball was always 50ft in the air. Shocking horrible football.

3 hours ago, Parsnip said:

No we're not in a ******* crisis. New manager came in and sent us on an astounding run to get us out of trouble. To get us in to the playoffs this season would've meant that run continuing without any dip in form - which predictably was a little too much to ask. 

A dip in form is normal especially with injuries and an imbalanced squad but for us any dip this season was bound to derail our unlikely challenge and it looks to have knocked our morale. **** it.

Anything was a bonus this season. Let the man work ffs and look forward to next season.

Best summoning up very good, peoples please take

50 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

You are so correct :-

"We weren't on our knees when Pearson left"

We were OUT FOR THE COUNT if he had stayed in charge our whole perspective on this forum would be around relegation.

Then you really would be entitled to you woeful rants!

Archived