Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

7 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

No I didn't . 

Newcastle were a laughing stock last season but this season they look like Real ... 

We are happy Derby fans under saint Stevie Mac wallowing in mid table ... 

So having to play against Rotherham, Bristol City and Burton Albion is the same as playing Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, rynny said:

So having to play against Rotherham, Bristol City and Burton Albion is the same as playing Man City, Arsenal and Chelsea?

Seeing as not one other Derby I've seen or talk to who don't like Mac has ever referenced "Wally with the brolly" I smell a WUM. 

Takes one to know one though;)

12 hours ago, GerryDaly said:

I'm questioning McClaren. 

I'm asking questions regarding McClaren. Legitimate questions..... 

My logic suggests a manager who's going places , for example a Clough or a Fergie , would've pushed on from the position we were in in December ... I know I've used extreme managerial examples here but my point is the same ... 

McClaren just hasn't got it. 

And we've been here before haven't we. 

Hughton, Benitez, Stam, Monk, Wagner and Carvalho have all sustained their positions there or about with no great collapse in their game. Mckarens hasn't learnt from his experiences in my opinion. 

This is the very opposite of a crisis. Its the slow & boring realisation that we are an above average midtable team with no chance of the playoffs but nowhere near flirting with relegation.

The key is to use this 'dead-time' to make plans for next season so we can hit the ground running in August. Blood whatever youngsters we think could make an impact next year (Elsnik, Lowe, Bennett?), inform those have no future at the club to get their agents busy early & actively pursue low cost, value targets so we can strike early in the summer. Done right, this could be a valuable sabbatical for the club.

Am I missing something?

Didn't we just lose to Aston Villa who have made all of these amazing signings? 

I thought they stole all of our targets and showed that we had no ambition?

If the above is true, as a lot of you have spent 3 months telling us, why are you all so shocked that we lost to them? 

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Am I missing something?

Didn't we just lose to Aston Villa who have made all of these amazing signings? 

I thought they stole all of our targets and showed that we had no ambition?

If the above is true, as a lot of you have spent 3 months telling us, why are you all so shocked that we lost to them? 

What realistic targets were they then .

Didn't Lansbury the only realistic one take the corner that won Villa the game ! 

It's not a crisis, nowhere near. Those of us who remember the club being relegated to Div 3 and nearly going out of business in 1984 know what an actual crisis looks like. What this is is a reality check; a club that has chopped and changed managers at the owners whim for the last couple of years while operating an inexplicable recruitment policy has finally come unstuck. Our squad is unbalanced with too many average players playing in the same positions; the lack of genuine quality throughout the side is there for all to see. We deserve to be where we are in the Championship and all I ask for the rest of this season is that we play for pride and make sure we are not taken for mugs. McClaren needs to be ruthless in the summer, clear out as much of the deadwood as he can and make the kind of well judged properly scouted signings that our rivals seem to be able to make.

He also deserves to be given a full season to try and sort this mess out and stamp his mark on the squad - if he fails his contract will be at an end and will not be renewed at the end of next season anyway. 

31 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

I like Steve and really want him to succeed here, and yep maybe I was a bit too harsh on him yesterday.. 

I  just think we've blown a great chance to make the play offs this season and it's bloody frustrating.

Fair comment :thumbsup:

Its OK to just not like McClaren, but I thought you were being over the top last night.

And don't stop posting because folks disagree, curtains put up a thread reminding that alternative views need to come as well.

16 hours ago, Papahet said:

If Huddersfield are still a championship club come the summer, Wagner? Would Morris millions be tempting?

He is the man for this club. Knows the market, spots a player, plays the football we crave to see.

Why would you want to replace one 'failed' manager with another ?

Archived