Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

16 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

McClaren hasn't got it. 

When are some DCFC fans gonna realise this ?? 

Even with the poor start .. and if I hear this as an excuse one more time I will explode ! 

It's all down to the poor start we had.....

*waits expectantly with fingers in ears

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It isnt a crisis, but we certainly arent in a good place at the moment.

What saddens me is to see how a few other teams have progressed in the league, whilst we have taken a step back. All of a sudden there appears to be general acceptance that we are an average championship team and the play offs are almost out of sight....in February!.  There appears to be no sense of excitement about the club. No buzz. Our style of play is quite predictable....a little boring to be honest.

I can see home attendances slipping as the season passes by. I hate to see those gaps that seem to be appearing in the north stand....and now the east stand. Its like a visual confirmation that thinks aint quite right. Season ticket sales will suffer as well. We will be renewing ours, but at nearly 2 grand, its quite a committment ( me, the wife, plus 18 year old and 16 year old).

I really hope Steve sorts it. It may take more than this summer. Not feeling particularly hopeful, but would love to be proved wrong.

6 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

I'm sorry again and this will be unpopular but .. 

This Villa side we just faced was down on it's bum .. (not brum) .. 

Can't really argue with this point, Villa are toilet BUT Bruce does know our limitations more than most and by what I've read, with a bit of luck, we could have got something out of today.

DCFC are becoming a laughing stock in this division. 

Can't accept this and won't  get into a debate over it.

You really happy with Steve ? 

I'm happy Pearson is no longer involved with the club, I was surprised by Mac's reappointment, delighted with his contribution when he first arrived, tonight ? I think we'll find out in due course if he is what we need. He's in credit with me at the moment because of his great start, he's earned this blip if you like. If he sorts it, happy days, if he can't, thanks and all the best for the future Steve. 

I'm angry. 

I'm a bit meh.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

I am faffed off just now . :whistle:

Apologies. 

No need for apologies bud. We're all hacked off with the way things are going. It's been a tough season to take bar the glorious, if short-lived revival when mac first returned, but we dust ourselves down and go again next week.

COYR

30 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

McClaren hasn't got it. 

When are some DCFC fans gonna realise this ?? 

Even with the poor start .. and if I hear this as an excuse one more time I will explode ! .. even with the poor start we should be in the play offs ... 

look at the Championship table around December 15th ... 

STEVE  hasn't got it. 

I'm sorry... he's a nice man and a good guy ... ect ect 

But to me he seems destined for Sky pundit land .... 

Sky pundit?

Really? :D

2 hours ago, PodgeyRam said:

Typical overeaction on here from some people.

We are still suffering from Pearson's "recruitment", if it can be called that. "Recruitment" seems to suggest some thought is put into it, but that clearly didn't happen this summer.

We are missing some very important players for us - Martin, Thorne and Forsyth. Keogh went off just after halftime today.

We are a midtable team without these players. I trust McClaren to sort this out and add some depth nd quality to our squad this summer.

In the meantime, I would like to see the youth given a chance to impress and stake a claim for next season. I always like watching our youngsters play, even if they make mistakes sometimes. You never know, they may turn out to be better than some of our first teamers.

Some fair points but I'd suggest playing youth now wouldn't do anybody any good at all

4 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Something that I noticed during Mac's post match interview. He said " we need players who want to be out there" (paraphrasing from memory), I think that's quite telling, certainly struck me!

I think he was talking about Shackell's absence with a "niggle" at that point.

16 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Check out the Championship table circa any time in December 16. :thumbsup:

Dude at that point we'd just gone on a run of 7 straight victories and we were just about flirting with the play off places. To expect the team to sustain that level of performance is a little unreasonable.

And actually the season is far from over. Let's chill, see where we finish, and take the 7 back to back wins for what they are - a bloody promising sign for what's to come next season!

28 minutes ago, GerryDaly said:

Check out the Championship table circa any time in December 16. :thumbsup:

I asked why exactly you think this squad should be in the playoffs. I didnt ask where they were for one very brief spell over Christmas. By that logic i could just tell you to look at the table just after Nigel Pearson left, which means this team should be fighting a relegation battle.

3 minutes ago, GenBr said:

I asked why exactly you think this squad should be in the playoffs. I didnt ask where they were for one very brief spell over Christmas. By that logic i could just tell you to look at the table just after Nigel Pearson left, which means this team should be fighting a relegation battle.

I'm questioning McClaren. 

I'm asking questions regarding McClaren. Legitimate questions..... 

My logic suggests a manager who's going places , for example a Clough or a Fergie , would've pushed on from the position we were in in December ... I know I've used extreme managerial examples here but my point is the same ... 

McClaren just hasn't got it. 

30 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

Something that I noticed during Mac's post match interview. He said " we need players who want to be out there" (paraphrasing from memory), I think that's quite telling, certainly struck me!

Well with Johnson, vydra and shackell all absent from the squad that's players who cost us £16.75 million. Johnson has personal matters.. Maybe family who knows. But there's clearly something up with these players not getting a sniff in recent games. RemInds me of Nigel Clough and his naughty step. 

Archived