Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

6 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

10 points off the playoffs with 13 games to go with a game in hand on 6th place. Far from being in crisis. All it takes is one good run from us and we're right in the mix. People need to get a grip seriously.

2 points from 12. 3 of those games at home. All against weak perceived opposition. What from this tells you we will go on a run? 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLovin said:

Was more referring to our recent form against bang average teams. McClaren has a history of failing to find the answers when his team's go through a sticky patch so I'm curious to see how it changes, if indeed it does at all

And that's a crisis is it? Bit melodramatic to my mind. Crap season maybe, frustrating and annoying, for sure, but a crisis, most definitely not. 

1 minute ago, McLovin said:

Was more referring to our recent form against bang average teams. McClaren has a history of failing to find the answers when his team's go through a sticky patch so I'm curious to see how it changes, if indeed it does at all

You use the phrase bang average as some kind of insult, if we're being beaten by these teams then it would suggest we are worse than bang average which is some indictment. I'd say we are an average Championship club the sooner people accept this then the sooner the whinging posts will disappear from here every time we lose a game.

14 minutes ago, Adslegend said:

10 points off the playoffs with 13 games to go with a game in hand on 6th place. Far from being in crisis. All it takes is one good run from us and we're right in the mix. People need to get a grip seriously.

Perhaps you need to get a grip ?! I mean its lovely being so positive and all that but come on 3 points from 12 is hardly catapulting us up the table is it ?!

The trouble is we have chopped  and changed managers over the last two seasons. We've had no stability and mcclaren is back to try again. Like someone posted we need to forget about the play off final in 2014. Mel and Sam have to put a plan in place and stick to it. We should be looking at the likes of Southampton. A well run club with a long term vision.

17 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Keep burying your head in the sand. Yes Pearson was poor for us but to blame him for our failings is ridiculous. The sooner people accept that we are actually bang average, the better. Looking for excuses(ie. blaming Pearson) won't help anyone. I'm looking forward to next season's excuses, maybe people will say that McClaren  doesn't feed them well enough

They have!!! It's you who's tortured by a sense of greater entitlement. It's utterly bizarre you'd level this accusation at others given your own shortcomings in this very specific regard. In fact it beggars belief!

23 minutes ago, LazloW said:

No. A crisis would be relegation, bankruptcy, insolvency (are they different things?), closure of the ground, sharing with Burton, renting ground back at exorbitant rates, getting relegated again, and so on and so forth.

If not getting promoted to the top division is a crisis, then the club has spent most of its history in one.  

You forgot to include losing to the rabble down the A52

Just now, Steve How Hard!!! said:

NEW FLASH:

Derbyshire emergency services are expected to be stretched to the limit this evening as the lemming element of the DCFC fan base prepare to launch themselves off the nearest cliff face after a resounding 1-0 thrashing. 

Seriously, talk about an over reaction. Unbelievable.

Let them jump!

2 minutes ago, Steve How Hard!!! said:

NEW FLASH:

Derbyshire emergency services are expected to be stretched to the limit this evening as the lemming element of the DCFC fan base prepare to launch themselves off the nearest cliff face after a resounding 1-0 thrashing. 

Seriously, talk about an over reaction. Unbelievable.

You see it as an over reaction - fair enough - I see it that you are blind to the much more worrying run of form that we are in.

Presumably you are happy with the last 3 home games ?

21 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Keep burying your head in the sand. Yes Pearson was poor for us but to blame him for our failings is ridiculous. The sooner people accept that we are actually bang average, the better. Looking for excuses(ie. blaming Pearson) won't help anyone. I'm looking forward to next season's excuses, maybe people will say that McClaren  doesn't feed them well enough

You need to make your mind up. I agree that this season we have been average and some real quality additions need to be made but since when has being average constituted a crisis?

Those who think being mid table is one are totally deluded and have expectations way higher than they should be, for this season at the very least.

2 minutes ago, Justa said:

Of course I would like to see that - I just dont think Steve McClaren is the person I think will achieve that !

But you really have no idea whether he will or not - if this was Feb 2018 I could understand, but it's not and you have little to base you feeling on, or is your bunion playing up?!

Archived