Are we in crisis?.

Shaftesbury st

Interested to gauge people's views on where we are as a club. 

We have some very expensive outlays that will probably never have a firm role at the club and are on big wages and unlikely to be able to recoup fees paid. 

Does that impair us next season?. Who would you keep?.

Are we back in same situation with McLaren, no Plan  B, Plan A not working. I never wanted him back despite the fact he has given us our best football in recent times.

Do any fans blame Morris for this shambles?. 

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. We're having a mid-table season, and this is what it looks like.

Bad runs and good runs.

Disappointing that this is the case, but shouldn't be unexpected given where Pearson left us.

Think a bit of calm is needed. Everything is always 1 or 0 at the club. Mac's either brilliant and we're on our way to Wembley or he's bottling it again and we're in crisis.

The truth is somewhere in between.

2 minutes ago, Duracell said:

No. We're having a mid-table season, and this is what it looks like.

Bad runs and good runs.

Disappointing that this is the case, but shouldn't be unexpected given where Pearson left us.

Think a bit of calm is needed. Everything is always 1 or 0 at the club. Mac's either brilliant and we're on our way to Wembley or he's bottling it again and we're in crisis.

The truth is somewhere in between.

Absolutely......I know this but I'm still disheartened by a bad run, especially when we haven't been that bad.

13 minutes ago, Shaftesbury st said:

Interested to gauge people's views on where we are as a club. 

We have some very expensive outlays that will probably never have a firm role at the club and are on big wages and unlikely to be able to recoup fees paid. 

Does that impair us next season?. Who would you keep?.

Are we back in same situation with McLaren, no Plan  B, Plan A not working. I never wanted him back despite the fact he has given us our best football in recent times.

Do any fans blame Morris for this shambles?. 

Shifting the players on big wages is always a concern. Obviously we'd like to strengthen the squad in the summer, but I'm not sure how much we can do until we clear some of the wage bill. If I could find anyone daft enough to take Vydra, Blackman, Camara, they would be my priority to move out. I'd also consider offers for Shackell, not because he's a bad player, but he's on big wages and I'm not sure we can justify keeping 3 high wage centre backs on the books. That money could be better used elsewhere in the squad.

We are back in the same situation with McClaren. We are back in a situation where we have a manager who wins more games than he loses and certain sections of our fan base freak out every time we go on a bad run.

I blame Morris for pointlessly sacking McClaren in the first place and for ever letting Pearson anywhere near our club.

Not just yet, but not far off it. For too long now this team has totally collapsed, it's not just bad runs of form, it's horrific runs of form where we totally fall to pieces and a win just never seems likely. The team is miles away from being capable, and big changes are needed this summer, without sentimentality. If this form carries on any longer Mac must go imo, we've had a piss easy run of games, and managed to get practically nothing out of them, it's not good enough. 

Some big issues appear the continued poor ability on set pieces, both attacking and defending, the predicatability of our attack and poor final balls. God knows where we go from here, to lose to a team as out of form as villa is just dire, 1/2 wins in 2017 and we're already 2 months in. We must be better than this, we've tried the same thing again and again over the last few years without success, it's time for an evolution. 

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

I honestly don't think we would be any worse off in the table had Pearson stayed!!!! Should have been given a season to make it click!

You're objectively wrong. Not only was Pearson complete and utter *****, his poor decisions are still hurting us now. The best thing Mel Morris is done in the past few years is getting rid of that idiot before he had time to do any more damage.

We are just average.

You shouldn't have been ******* when we were winning and you shouldn't be hanging yourself now.

Our fans get on my nerves more than the team. 

If I was a visiting fan at Pride Park and heard all the booing I'd laugh my arse off. Who do Derby think they are?

But the team? They had chance to build on the Play Off Final team and they went sideways and backwards.

There's a few things about Mac I'm not impressed with. The way we defend in shape and refuse the ball until we are compact. The fact that Johnson, Butters and Hughes got us results and haven't been together since. 

There's been a lot of mistakes made by everyone since 2014. Even more made since early 2015. 

Now is the time for calm and careful building. Not panic and big overhaul.

Far far far too many drama Queens. 

Archived