Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

18 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Carson

Christie Keogh  Pearce. Olsson

Butterfield. De Sart

Camara.      Vydra.       Anya

Bent

Ince looked knackered on Saturday. No point risking him if he is tired because he'd be more prone to an injury. Vydra plays his best as a number 10. Go get em lads!!!!!! 

Hmm I see your point about Ince but I think that team would exhibit a huge amount of the attacking problems we had under Pearson. In reality that team would end up being a 42--------4 as the entire front line would be looking to make runs in behind and nobody would come short for the ball, so we'd end up with zero connection from midfield to attack. This will force us to go long a lot of the time and play straight into Leicester's hands. If you're going to play Vydra as a ten you need a striker with fantastic link-up play because he isn't going to do it with regularity.

If we are without Johnson, Hughes and Bryson and Ince is deemed needing a rest, I'd be tempted to either move Baird into midfield along side De Sart and push Butterfield further advanced in a 4231 or move Anya into a midfield three along with Butterfield and De Sart. 

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ranieri has just given a press conference and said;

"Islam Slimani and Leonardo Ulloa are improving. I hope Slimani will be available for Swansea (on Sunday). Molla Wague played well (for the U23s) but he won't be available for tomorrow. I have to protect some players (against Derby) but also I want to give an opportunity to other players". 

Does this mean a weakened side? I do hope so. COYR

Really wouldn't be surprised to see something like this:

Mitchel

Christie Keogh Shackell Lowe

De Sart

Butterfied Johnson

Blackman Vydra Anya

Carson was struggling at Newcastle, whilst Mac hinted the likes of Christie, Lowe and Blackman need game time.  

23 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Carson

Baird 

Keogh

Pearce

Olsson

De Start

Johnson

Bryson

Ince

Bent

Anya

?

Butterfield in for Bryson and that'll be the team tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, Dethorn said:

I like some of the three at the back ideas got me thinking

Carson

Shackell Keogh Pearce

Christie          De Sart         Anya

Blackman       Butterfield      Russell

Vydra

Would be nice

But I think in reality we would be three down in 15 minutes with the back three looking at each other and then at the bench. No disrespect to the Derby boys but thinking of other sides who have changed their defensive formation, it is obviously harder to do than we thought.

So

Carson

Baird Keogh Pearce Olson

De Sart Butterfield

Russell Ince Camara

Bent

would do and I think would be more likely

I quite like the Christmas tree formation

33 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The Nuge stuff is making me think a barely half Nuge will start and then leave with aggravated knee damage, with vydra coming on and not being effective.

That worries me too. We have Vydra and Blackman who will be gagging for this. If nugent isn't  100% then bench at best.

anyway .. I don't care as long as we can get at Huth and Morgan then we can win this. Get the ball up, stretch them. This is a big test for a makeshift midfield ... How is Bradley's knock I wonder ? 

28 minutes ago, jono said:

That worries me too. We have Vydra and Blackman who will be gagging for this. If nugent isn't  100% then bench at best.

anyway .. I don't care as long as we can get at Huth and Morgan then we can win this. Get the ball up, stretch them. This is a big test for a makeshift midfield ... How is Bradley's knock I wonder ? 

Johnson trained and is fine for tomorrow. 

5 hours ago, OohMartWright said:

Bringing my teenage daughter to this one. Any recommendations for parking and what pub are people heading for, please?

Try Freeman Park (industrial end) not the Odeon/Morrison's retail because I bet they have a 2 hour limit, can't help with Pubs because I don't drinky poo :lol:

Hope she has a nice time and a win would be nice :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Johnson trained and is fine for tomorrow. 

I love when you answer the question I was about to ask. It's anyone's guess how Leicester will line up, the league looks a desperate priority but they could do without another loss.

Anyone else wonder if the board made clear their support for Ranieri today to make clear he wouldn't be dismissed if we knock them out?

Mitchell (Scott's so important but id say rest him)

Christie Keogh shackell (could do with the areal dominance he had V west Brom)  Ollson (lowe bench) 

De sart 

Butterfield  johnson

ince.    Vydra (Running at pace straight at Morgan+Huth)   Camara (same as Vydra) 

Archived