Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

5 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

I would agree except he played for the U23 last night so it's extremely unlikely he will be

He'll have had the best part of two days to recover. I know that if I was in his shoes I'd be banging at SM's door

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd hate us to be the team that get's Festa's season back on track tomorrow night but right now the omen's ain't looking good...

Hughes already ruled out, doubt's over Bryson, Johnson and Russell; the sporting media dominated by talk of a Leicester Crises with a call to arms from some of their senior players and even a vote of confidence for Ranieri from the owner's...(and yeah I know that can also be the kiss of death).

On top of that you'll have Lineker and his cronies and a watching nation all expecting the current Champions to use home advantage to turn over a side who.. let's face it... haven't got a great record under the glare of the camera's.

The outcome could well depend on who gets the first goal...if Leicester's fragile confidence is to be believed..

Just hope we go there, make a load of noise and the players give it a good go...C'mon Derby!!

6 minutes ago, wingfieldram said:

Anyone got any pub recommendations?. We are looking at the Western and the Swan & Rushes.....both look good for ale.

I did also read on the football ground guide website that they sometimes dont serve alcohol in the away end at the King Power.....hope this isnt the case!

It was the case last time i went.

2 minutes ago, DerbyMark said:

****! 

Just started a new thread "pubs tomorrow night" lol

Swan and rushes near the station?

About 10 minutes walk. Then 15 minutes walk to the ground.

MY DERBYTEAM FOR TOMORROW: (4-4-2).

MITCHELL

CHRISTIE - KROGH - PEARCE - OLSON

CAMARA  - BUTTERFIELD - DE SART - ANYA

INCE - BENT

SUBS:

BLACKMAN

BAIRD

SHACKELL

ELSNIK

NUGENT

LOVE

VYDRA

CARSON

Camara - de Sart and Anya did very well the last 20 min. against Leciester.

So we keep them together. Johnson has showed nothing and are too slow - the only place he would fit in our team is up front midfield.

I have just one problem - it's time Vydra get a proper game from the start - so maybe he should be picked for the first 45min.

By using Camara and Anya as wings Ince will play in his best position in the middle to supply goods and room for Bent and create havoc in Leicester's defence.

ELSNIK could be a surprise to choose instead of Hughes in that position but I guess it won't happen.

WHAT A GAME he played against Manchester.  U. last night. In my eyes he's a real talent with lots of promise. I'm sure he will play a big part in next year's to come.

Just seen this on the BBC Sport website:

"Head-to-head

Derby have lost eight of the last 10 meetings with Leicester in all competitions.

County's only win in that period came at home in March 2013 with a 2-1 victory under Nigel Clough.

This was the only fixture from the FA Cup fourth-round matches to have ended in a draw.

Leicester City

Leicester's only win so far in 2017 came in the last round of the FA Cup against West Brom (D2, L4).

Their only goals of 2017 have also been in the Cup, scoring twice against both the Baggies and Derby.

They have only progressed beyond the fourth round twice in the last 11 seasons.

The Foxes are unbeaten in their last eight FA Cup matches against lower-league clubs. Their last defeat was to second-tier West Brom in the fourth round in 2002.

Derby County

Derby have only lost three of their last 17 matches in all competitions (W11, D3) but those defeats have all come in their last five away games.

However, they have lost just one of their last seven FA Cup away matches (W4, D2), after losing their previous five in a row.

They have only gone further than the fourth round on one occasion in the last six seasons.

The Rams' win over West Brom in the third round was the first time they had beaten a team from a higher division in the FA Cup in 31 years."

Funny, I could have sworn that I (and 5,000 more Rams fans) watched us knock out West Brom.

Archived