Leicester City v Derby County - FA Cup Replay 4th Round

i-Ram

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Problem is our best line up would include fozzy or Lowe, thorne and hughes, Johnson or Bryson, and chris Martin. And nugent and weimann on the bench. Looks like none of them will be available. Tough to play the premier champions with so many handicaps , especially at their place. 

Yeah that's why I said available line up, though I was thinking more about Hughes and Bryson being injured.. I'd be more confident if we had them two in midfield on weds.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Problem is our best line up would include fozzy or Lowe, thorne and hughes, Johnson or Bryson, and chris Martin. And nugent and weimann on the bench. Looks like none of them will be available. Tough to play the premier champions with so many handicaps , especially at their place. 

I watched them today and listened to their post match interviews and we have nothing to fear. Losing to Derby Co. at home in the cup would be a hammer blow to their season. It might even be enough to take them down.  Their backs are against the wall and their confidence is low low low. We should attack them from the off with the strongest team we can field, using pace and width.  I cannot wait. 

That forum looks pretty evenly split. On the pro side....

Think we'll win it though, as long as there isn't prem points or our survival on the line we look like we care 

Watch us hammer these sheep shagging cvnts

So much threat going forward against let's say a depleted Derby team who maybe missing 3 midfielders

In the interest of balance there are the following gems 

Derby will licking their lips.A loss.  Derby fans having a great night out. Boos.  Confidence even lower. Sigh.

I struggle to see us winning against Derby but if we do, it's likely to be by the skin of our teeth, I mean we only just drew with them at their place. 

On current form it would be a shock of Derby don't win this.

I actually think Leicester putting out a changed side could work against us, the reserves won't be as broken spirited as the regulars and will all he wanting to get in the team.

Still, whatever XI we put out, we should go all out to win. Its s cup match, the blaze of glory 5-2 loss is more entertaining than a narrow 1-0 loss.

Even if they get past us, its not really much of a win for them, vs depleted championship opposition, no one will give them too much credit.

Aren't Hughes, Johnson and Bryson all missing for this game?

If so:

Carson

Christie

Keogh

Shackell

Olsson

de Sart

Butterfield

Elsnik

Ince

Camara

Vydra

After 3 games in 7 days and another big game at home against Bristol City on Saturday, I'd rest a few players.

It's one of those games where we'll be much fancied given Leicester's plight, but we are looking pretty depleted and less than fluent ourselves and we rarely deliver in such situations, so I can see Leicester beating us 2-0 and getting the confidence boost they need moving forward.

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Let's see......the last time we were away at a team who were wretchedly low on confidence,  with a manager being heavily criticised by their own supporters was.....

Norwich. 

We have a track record of completely failing to stick the boot in. Goes back years.

Never forget 09/10 when Ipswich hadn't won until mid October. Obviously gonna be us wannit.

Surprised it wasn't us Villa broke their away day hoodoo against.

Just nipped over to Foxestalk to see what the natives are up to before me Wednesday night visit...........and found this little gem.

adejo92

*         633 posts

Posted 10 hours ago

Fuchs - ****
Huth & Morgan - Useless
Simpson - Footballing brain of an 8 year old.

Mahrez - Already left the club in his head.
Musa - Is this guy even a footballer?
Drinkwater - Dog ****
Ndidi - poor lad, what has he done to his career.

Vardy - Useless arrogant cock
Okazaki - foooooooking ****!

Makes the post match analysis of 86 points, Angry Ram, Tony Le Mesmer, angieram and Kernow regarding the Newcastle game sound almost Shakespeareian!

...........mind you, on second thoughts, I think he's pretty much got it spot on! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Old Spalding Ram said:

Just nipped over to Foxestalk to see what the natives are up to before me Wednesday night visit...........and found this little gem.

adejo92

*         633 posts

Posted 10 hours ago

Fuchs - ****
Huth & Morgan - Useless
Simpson - Footballing brain of an 8 year old.

Mahrez - Already left the club in his head.
Musa - Is this guy even a footballer?
Drinkwater - Dog ****
Ndidi - poor lad, what has he done to his career.

Vardy - Useless arrogant cock
Okazaki - foooooooking ****!

Makes the post match analysis of 86 points, Angry Ram, Tony Le Mesmer, angieram and Kernow regarding the Newcastle game sound almost Shakespeareian!

...........mind you, on second thoughts, I think he's pretty much got it spot on! :thumbsup:

What I'd really like to do is find his posts from the end of last season, lol.

this man is a scapegoating genius .. If in doubt blame the lot 

2 hours ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Would like to see Ince and definitely Bent given a rest. I'd go -

Carson
Christie Keogh Pearce Olsson
de Sart
Butterfield Johnson
Camara Vydra Anya

I like that as a "going for it " team - as long as mac gives de sart instructions to be forward thinking and moving and tells the whole team to play high. 

Risky with vardys pace but they sound in some disarray and ranieris comments might mean he doesn't play and they go with ulloa. 

One thing for sure, the knocks and injuries are certain to mean some alternatives played. 

I am looking forward to this as both a chance to get through against a dispirited Leicester or at the very least a chance to see some alternatives.

what price a TImi Max appearance ? 

Archived