• Last Reply

I like some of the three at the back ideas got me thinking

Carson

Shackell Keogh Pearce

Christie          De Sart         Anya

Blackman       Butterfield      Russell

Vydra

Would be nice

But I think in reality we would be three down in 15 minutes with the back three looking at each other and then at the bench. No disrespect to the Derby boys but thinking of other sides who have changed their defensive formation, it is obviously harder to do than we thought.

So

Carson

Baird Keogh Pearce Olson

De Sart Butterfield

Russell Ince Camara

Bent

would do and I think would be more likely

Just call me crazy but.....................

.......................................Carson......................................

Christie/Baird............Keogh....................Pearce..............Olsson

..................................De-Sart..........................................

..............Butterfield............................Russell/Anya...................

Ince............................Vydra...........................Blackman

Solid defence. Busy midfield. Fast forward line. 

21 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

.......................................Carson......................................

..................................De-Sart..........................................

..............Butterfield............................Russell/Anya...................

You're crazy.

Didn't want to pass on this opportunity after you upset me the other day ?

1 hour ago, Warren Hobhead said:

We can't fail to know you don't like Butterfield, but you're leaving him out for an injured player and a lad who played 90 minutes in the 23s last night. Even for your agenda-led styling, that's impressive. 

It will be Butterfield and De Sart without doubt. Then it's anyone's guess.

I don't like Blackman much either or Olson so how's that agenda led styling, warren? Tell me. I think Christie should play and Elsnik is a midfield reincarnation of Kris Commons. Get him out there! Vydra Bent or Blackman is a toss up to me for this game 

and Butterfield will prob play but he's one of the worst players we've fielded this season. Just bloody awful.

We need to go for it top front, full on having a pop and strictly roots. De Sart can play the part if McClaren gives him a start, like he should of done in the first leg, as he was the one that made us tick in the previous round at W.B.A and he deserved to be rewarded with at least featuring in the first game against Leicester, he looked very lively at Newcastle. 

36 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

A Winger in Central Midfield, along side Butterfield, who has been a ghost for the past few weeks.

A Striker who can't lead the line, leading the line.

And Nick Blackman, not played a game for months, is deemed ready for a start against Premier League opposition.

Great Idea M8.

1 minute ago, NoLoRam said:

A Winger in Central Midfield, along side Butterfield, who has been a ghost for the past few weeks.

A Striker who can't lead the line, leading the line.

And Nick Blackman, not played a game for months, is deemed ready for a start against Premier League opposition.

Great Idea M8.

I like to call it enlightened!

Carson.

Christie

Keogh

Pearce

Olssonn

De Sart
Butters

Anya

Bent

Vydra

Camara

4-4-2

Well, more 4-2-4

Resulting in annihilation.

We get to not go to milwall and get a timely reminder why our team has never been a 4-4-2 one.

Ince comes on and looks amazing but doesn't save anything.

Blackman gets ten minutes as center forward, ineffective and massed ranks of forum.members consign him to the dustbin.

4-2-3-1

Carson, Olsson, Pearce, Keogh, Christie, Johnson, De Sart, Anya, Ince, Camara, Bent

This is thinking Bryson won't be fit, Johnson's knock on the knee didn't look that serious. 

We looked too slow to do any damage against Newcastle and the 2nd half v Leicester. Fine against the likes of Ipswich but they have better players and no defenders like pace.

Saw the impact it had when we had pace on the pitch in both games, Camara caused problems and Anya offers similar pace plus that defensive side Russell gives us.

Ince and Camara freedom to switch, in fact encourage it, confuse the Leicester defence, cause the who's got who problems. 

Time to show us you're a 90 minute player Razza.

We don't have the midfield options for 4-3-3, Hughes is a huge loss, it's a game where we shouldn't have anything to fear and go for it.

Don't make me watch another counter attacking game when we have the countering speed on the pitch that a turtle could get back and defend.

De Sart and Johnson need to be on every player, closing down, giving them no time to play. No more of this standing around watching, plenty of Derby fans in the stands without more spectators on the pitch.

I'm a league over Cup man any day but with Ranieri focusing on the league and what "should" be a easier tie v Millwall, the money this run could now offer will help the piggy bank for FFP which in turn helps us in the summer.

Not ready to create a tin foil cup hat but a win tomorrow would be jolly good.

Mac and the medical team obviously have all the info on who's carrrying a knock. One or two suggest he'll be defensive, I'm surprised to hear that. I reckon he'll give it a right old go but it must be a concern with such a heavy league schedule. Couple of surprises in the starting line up but we all quote our own surprises. We shall see! 

3 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Carson

Shackell Keogh Pearce

Vydra...

Ohh! I feel seasick. :huh:

3 hours ago, Dethorn said:

Carson

Shackell Keogh Pearce

Vydra

Would be nice

But I think in reality we would be three down in 15 minutes with the back three looking at each other and then at the bench. No disrespect to the Derby boys but thinking of other sides who have changed their defensive formation, it is obviously harder to do than we thought.

So

Carson

Baird Keogh Pearce Olson

De Sart Butterfield

Russell Ince Camara

Bent

would do and I think would be more likely

The first half of your post had me thinking "dear God, No" but clearly your sanity returned for the second half!

At this point I think we really have nothing to lose. May as well go all guns blazing and look for balls in behind Huth and Morgan. Pace on the pitch would be nice. 

Anyone carrying a knock should be rested. Think our best chance to win was the home leg but may as well give it a right go for this one. If we come out sheepish and not testing their defence I'll be disappointed.

Carson

Christie Keogh  Pearce. Olsson

Butterfield. De Sart

Camara.      Vydra.       Anya

Bent

Ince looked knackered on Saturday. No point risking him if he is tired because he'd be more prone to an injury. Vydra plays his best as a number 10. Go get em lads!!!!!! 

35 minutes ago, OohMartWright said:

Bringing my teenage daughter to this one. Any recommendations for parking and what pub are people heading for, please?

Leicester Rugby Club is probably the best place for parking within 20 minutes walk. I can't help regarding pubs, sorry.

Archived