Jeff Hendrick - Thank you

Burnley_fan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good on him.

We got a good and fair fee for him and if a move to Burnley & Sean Dyche was what was required to iron out the inconsistencies in his game, then the move was good for us, for Burnley and, importantly, for Jeff himself.

It was his time to go.

He could always be fantastic in spells, gave good service here and really wanted to play in the top flight.
He could also be incosistant and frustrating.

Overall, we are generally happy he's doing well and think we got a decent fee for him, baring in mind it wasn't a sure thing he'd step up - plenty of nothing performances in the second tore as well as some very good games for us and Ireland.

I'm for one, glad he's doing well.

P.S. Shackell isn't in the team so much these days.

Just thinking back to where we were back in the summer I still think they'd have had a better deal all around had they gone for BJ. Would have been a beast for them at holding mid, probably about £8,000,000 and at the time was out of favour. 

I'm glad this wasn't the case as BJ's been immense but it makes you wonder about scouts… 

I was firmly in the pro-Hendrick camp when many on here could see no potential in him at all. That said, whilst the initial offer was utterly derisory, the final sale price was a fair one and I'm glad to see him doing well. There was always significant latent potential and it's great to see it realised though I wish it had been with us.

When we're back in the Premiership next season and your lot are back in the Championship, expect a cheeky £3 mill bid from us, eh!

23 minutes ago, cannable said:

Just thinking back to where we were back in the summer I still think they'd have had a better deal all around had they gone for BJ. Would have been a beast for them at holding mid, probably about £8,000,000 and at the time was out of favour. 

I'm glad this wasn't the case as BJ's been immense but it makes you wonder about scouts… 

Johnson isn't better than Hendrick. He's also four years older. The only mistake Burnley's scouts made was moving for the player at his peak value directly after a decent showing in the Euros. It's not like they had much choice though because we wouldn't have sold to a division rival, so a bid was only feasible once they'd been promoted.

30 minutes ago, Burnley_fan said:

Just to say a very big thank you for allowing us to sign Jeff Hendrick. What a player!

He's been getting better each week and his last few performances indicate we have a fantastic player on our hands! :)

Great to hear that. Always want to see academy players do well. 

12 minutes ago, Anon said:

Johnson isn't better than Hendrick. He's also four years older. The only mistake Burnley's scouts made was moving for the player at his peak value directly after a decent showing in the Euros. It's not like they had much choice though because we wouldn't have sold to a division rival, so a bid was only feasible once they'd been promoted.

It's not about who's better but who's a better fit… Jeff's only really started excelling since they shifted Deffour wide.

Johnson would have been perfect for their game.

1 hour ago, Burnley_fan said:

Just to say a very big thank you for allowing us to sign Jeff Hendrick. What a player!

He's been getting better each week and his last few performances indicate we have a fantastic player on our hands! :)

Great to hear. Hope he goes onto bigger things (with respect). Always knew he'd thrive under Sean. 

Best midfielder behind Hughes for me whilst here.....

Knew he'll be good gracing the Prem.....

All the talk on here being inconsistent and going missing was absolute pony in my opinion. Glad he's showing what he can do. 

26 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Best midfielder behind Hughes for me whilst here.....

Knew he'll be good gracing the Prem.....

All the talk on here being inconsistent and going missing was absolute pony in my opinion. Glad he's showing what he can do. 

Exactly this. One of my favourite Derby players recently. We would be a much better team with him here.

Archived