Jeff Hendrick - Thank you

Burnley_fan

I think Jeff needed to move on to enhance his game. He never really established himself in the team and became more of an impact sub during his latter time with us. Good luck to him and I think the move will do him good. Mind you, I am not sure I would like to be in Burnley during the winter months .  It is a bit like Coronation Street in Greenland up there. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched him on telly the other day, can't remember who you were playing but I wached Jeff and he ran around a bit and got subbed and I think next match, he was on the bench....or have I dreamed that. 

6 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

He never really established himself in the team and became more of an impact sub during his latter time with us. 

During a time of two Jokers for managers. Fact, Hendrick would be the second best midfielder here. Him, Hughes and thorne would easily be quality at most levels. Also you could apply the same argument you and most people place on every derby player par Keogh.

On 2/2/2017 at 11:43, Mafiabob said:

Best midfielder behind Hughes for me whilst here.....

Knew he'll be good gracing the Prem.....

All the talk on here being inconsistent and going missing was absolute pony in my opinion. Glad he's showing what he can do. 

Opinions differ as always, but despite always being a fan of Hendrick I don't think the statements of his inconsistency were misplaced. Often exaggerated, as is the way with criticism on this forum, but "inconsistent" would have been one of the first words I used to describe him when asked.

Doesn't matter any more though, he's clearly making steps forwards.

I'm delighted he's doing well. He was a good servant here who played good football, and we got a fair price for him. I certainly wouldn't have been upset with him staying, but we can't expect to hold on to all of our best players while we continue to falter in our hunt for promotion, even if they're academy products. Especially when they start being talked about in a big way, as Jeff was last summer.

On 02/02/2017 at 10:28, Burnley_fan said:

Just to say a very big thank you for allowing us to sign Jeff Hendrick. What a player!

He's been getting better each week and his last few performances indicate we have a fantastic player on our hands! :)

Bound to happen after you put this on:mellow:

Archived