Jeff Hendrick - Thank you

Burnley_fan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I wonder if the OP was trying to get a bite? ☺️

We love Jeff though, even I'm happy when he scores for Burnley, and I hate Burnley normally.

i wondered that , could well be the case due to the lack of likes the OP has given to all the positive replies ..

Just now, Sparkle said:

We do have premiership standard players and Jeff proves that, certainly another 3-4 and if you look at some of the premiership teams maybe 7-8 as it stands.

Just to follow up myself, Hendrick and grant have proved that this season

others from Hughes Ince Carson Thorne easily spring to mind

3 hours ago, Burnley_fan said:

Just to say a very big thank you for allowing us to sign Jeff Hendrick. What a player!

He's been getting better each week and his last few performances indicate we have a fantastic player on our hands! :)

Glad it's working out for him, I was happy for him to move as we had a surplus of CM's and Jeff looked like he needed a move to progress to the level he wanted to be at. 

We got a good fee, Burnley got a good player and Jeff got to the Prem. I think everyone's a winner. 

1 minute ago, Burnley_fan said:

I wasn't trying to get a bite from anyone. Just saying he's done really well for us, especially in recent weeks. We seem to be far more savvy in comparison to two years ago and also bought Robbie Brady on deadline day.

Ah, your silence had us all fooled then fella. You're entirely welcome then. We have one or two others struggling to make the matchday squad you might be interested in too ;)

1 hour ago, 86 points said:

Ah, your silence had us all fooled then fella. You're entirely welcome then. We have one or two others struggling to make the matchday squad you might be interested in too ;)

Indeed, ignore what some posters say about Vydra, 30 goals a season, guaranteed!*

*On FIFA :ph34r:

Hendrick's biggest problem was playing in a pro-active side. Tasked with getting on the ball, linking play and being a creative force. He's just go missing eery other game. Burnley play re-active football. They mostly either defend or just hook the ball in the corner.

Their style of football, like Republic of Ireland, suits Hendrick as he doesn't have to think about what he's doing. 

Glad he's doing well.

Just to add one, having a look at some stats: 

Hendrick in 2014/15 (under Mac) vs Hendick at Burnley

Av. passes per game: 41.2 - 29.4

Chances created per game: 1.1 - 0.5

Goals scored: 7 - 2

Assists: 9 - 0

Interceptions per game: 0.4 - 1.3

Aerials won per game: 0.6 - 1.1

Dispossessed per game: 1.6 - 0.9

The statistics go along way to what I suggested about pro-active vs re-active football. Offensively Jeff was much more involved at Derby, while defensively he's much more involved at Burnley.

He's not tasked with being a creator at Burnley, not tasked with having to pick out teammates in closed spaces in a pass-and-move style of play. Suits his game better.

8 hours ago, Burnley_fan said:

Just to say a very big thank you for allowing us to sign Jeff Hendrick. What a player!

He's been getting better each week and his last few performances indicate we have a fantastic player on our hands! :)

Luckily you went for him, not the better ones!

His success is good for you, good for Jeff and encouraging to us.

Blimey Jeff Hendrick making it in the prem was something I wasn't convinced I was ever gonna see! Good on him, always thought he'd be a championship player his whole career, simply wasn't intelligent or consistent enough to play for us on a regular basis and frankly I thought we'd robbed Burnley. Shows what a system less built around good footballers, but rather effective battlers/ runners does to players like him 

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Blimey Jeff Hendrick making it in the prem was something I wasn't convinced I was ever gonna see! Good on him, always thought he'd be a championship player his whole career, simply wasn't intelligent or consistent enough to play for us on a regular basis and frankly I thought we'd robbed Burnley. Shows what a system less built around good footballers, but rather effective battlers/ runners does to players like him 

Or it could show that you know nowt about decent footballers.

3 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Or it could show that you know nowt about decent footballers.

All about opinions but as a footballer he's miles off of Hughes and even probably butterfield imo. Perhaps we never saw the best of him, but he disappeared far too often in games for a potential premier league player in my view

Archived