What are you eating tonight

froggg

On 05/06/2020 at 20:00, RamNut said:

@Eddie you eat well. Are you putting any weight back on?

Not at all. Down to 13 stone 7 pounds now. The secret is, no bitting and bobbing, no snacks, only 1 meal a day. My BMI is around 24 now, which is still a little high, so I could still do with losing a few pounds, but there's no rush.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Not at all. Down to 13 stone 7 pounds now. The secret is, no bitting and bobbing, no snacks, only 1 meal a day. My BMI is around 24 now, which is still a little high, so I could still do with losing a few pounds, but there's no rush.

You’ve done really well there.

18 minutes ago, RamNut said:

You’ve done really well there.

I've stuck to it for two years, and my body is really used to it now. When I go on holiday, things are/were a little different. Big brekky, beer at lunchtime (ok, what's new? The missus has just put a 75 cl bottle of Tripel Karmeleit in the fridge for when we watch ein bisschen Deutscher Fußball later this afternoon), restaurant meals etc, but no junk food, sweets, chocolate etc.

If I can get to 13 stone, then I will treat myself by making a pork pie. That is the one luxury I really miss - a crusty, hand-raised pork pie with plenty of jelly, lubricated liberally with English mustard.

On 30/05/2020 at 20:15, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Quick google to check chances of getting a double yolk 1 in a 1000. 6 in a row it said a quintillion, more google, that is 

1 in 1000000000000000000 (18 zeros) but we have had 7 in a row so bigger than that then. Need a math genius ( @Millenniumram ?) to work out 7 in row or is it just that big number times 1000 ?

There is also one last egg left in the box, i ll try it tomorrow.

@Millenniumram? Genius?

I can only hope that 'genius' means something else in French!

47 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I've stuck to it for two years, and my body is really used to it now. When I go on holiday, things are/were a little different. Big brekky, beer at lunchtime (ok, what's new? The missus has just put a 75 cl bottle of Tripel Karmeleit in the fridge for when we watch ein bisschen Deutscher Fußball later this afternoon), restaurant meals etc, but no junk food, sweets, chocolate etc.

If I can get to 13 stone, then I will treat myself by making a pork pie. That is the one luxury I really miss - a crusty, hand-raised pork pie with plenty of jelly, lubricated liberally with English mustard.

You'll have @DarkFruitsRam7 in a lather!

I'm going to try my hand at a Chinese-style curry. No frills, no recipe to work from. Chuck it and chance it.

Currently have a pound of chicken marinating in a mix of dark soy sauce, Tesco own-brand dry cider, chilli flakes, Chinese five-spice and hot curry powder.

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I'm going to try my hand at a Chinese-style curry. No frills, no recipe to work from. Chuck it and chance it.

Currently have a pound of chicken marinating in a mix of dark soy sauce, Tesco own-brand dry cider, chilli flakes, Chinese five-spice and hot curry powder.

This recipe is worth a try if you fancy a Chinese-style curry. It's so easy that even a simpleton like me can follow and execute it. Let us know what you think if you ever try it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/diet-coke-pepsi-max-chicken/&ved=2ahUKEwib9uWd8e_pAhXRtHEKHSlIAjoQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1hDkqC_-dY3PPH3ioO-ua1

8 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

This recipe is worth a try if you fancy a Chinese-style curry. It's so easy that even a simpleton like me can follow and execute it. Let us know what you think if you ever try it.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://pinchofnom.com/recipes/diet-coke-pepsi-max-chicken/&ved=2ahUKEwib9uWd8e_pAhXRtHEKHSlIAjoQFjAAegQIAhAB&usg=AOvVaw1hDkqC_-dY3PPH3ioO-ua1

It's quite similar to what I am planning on doing. I do things in a slightly different order (for a start, I use coconut oil, fry my onions first, then the garlic and ginger before I fry the marinated chicken) but looking at the recipe, the only thing I'm not putting in is baby sweetcorn or Worcestershire sauce. Also, I notice that they aren't using any curry powder (most recipes I've seen use 5-spice and curry powder).

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

You must have lost a load too no?

I lost 10kg in the week when I was most ill.

then in the following week when I was still recovering, I lost another 6kg

this week I’ve been eating bits between 200 and 500 calories a day, but I’ve only lost another 1kg?

i still don’t really feel like eating though. 

1 hour ago, RamNut said:

I lost 10kg in the week when I was most ill.

then in the following week when I was still recovering, I lost another 6kg

this week I’ve been eating bits between 200 and 500 calories a day, but I’ve only lost another 1kg?

i still don’t really feel like eating though. 

First 2 weeks is basically some fat-burning, but an awful lot of fluid loss plus natural variation. The reason your body stores fat is because it's a brilliant battery that takes ages to discharge (i.e. to use up all the stored fuel).

If you doubled your normal daily food intake (say from 2500 to 5000 Kilocalories per day) and you metabolised it at your normal rate, you would only gain around 2-3 Kilograms in a week. The fact that you seem to put on more weight in pig-out mode outlined above (or rather, weigh more on the scales) is the fact that you don't metabolise at a uniform rate. Food takes a certain length of time to pass through your digestive system - add extra food and it takes longer - but your body also needs to add fluid to bulk up your stools or you would never be able to pass them.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

You literally got aroused as you wrote that, didn't you?

Hell, i did and i don't even know what that stuff is.