What are you eating tonight

froggg

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Like a Swede looking forward to surströmming or a Malay looking forward to durian.

One meal per day and nothing in between, you say?  Sounds like torture, but at this point i will give it a go.

If ever there was a wake up call for me to diet it sounded loud and clear just earlier as i broke the blessed toilet seat

2 minutes ago, ramit said:

One meal per day and nothing in between, you say?  Sounds like torture, but at this point i will give it a go.

If ever there was a wake up call for me to diet it sounded loud and clear just earlier as i broke the blessed toilet seat

The first 3 months were really difficult. I was well over 21 stone (135 Kg), but losing 2 or 3 pounds a week I found it easier to get around after a couple of months. I still allowed myself a beer every now and again (and again and again). After 8 weeks I was down below 20 stone (125 Kg), and weighing myself every week at the same time and logging my progress in a spreadsheet just kept me going. I finally broke the 100 kg barrier in about October or November last year, and now I'm down to 86 Kg, a weight I haven't been at for over 30 years.

And yes, I'm currently enjoying a Weltenburger Kloster Asam Bock - blooming beautiful beer, and when that's gone, there's a Paulaner Salvator in the fridge. Diets end at midnight, and start again at 2:00 am.

3 hours ago, David said:

Bet you queued up for a McDonalds after 

We haven't got queues over here. Perhaps some of those who pop over on a Saturday 5 minutes before a match starts should do the same for their hamburger and shake. Oh, wait, they don't do shakes. A San Miguel then.

Fishing for ideas now. I've got a large bag of home-made Ikea meatballs in the freezer, and I was thinking of cooking some for dinner tomorrow night with jasmine rice instead of the usual spaghetti or fusilli. The question is - what sort of sauce should I make?

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Fishing for ideas now. I've got a large bag of home-made Ikea meatballs in the freezer, and I was thinking of cooking some for dinner tomorrow night with jasmine rice instead of the usual spaghetti or fusilli. The question is - what sort of sauce should I make?

Any of these should do the job

F44FE7CB-CCB8-4C5F-B7CD-63BCACA2106C.jpeg

Edited by richinspain
Added text

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Arrabbiata

Edited by RamNut

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

2 hours ago, RamNut said:

Arrabbiata

A smoking hot arrabbiata with smoked garlic smoked lardons and scotch bonnet chilies.

Got plenty of chillies, so I might make an arrabbiata. No fresh basil though, so a good dollop of green pesto will act as a decent substitute, and I might fry some ginger as well as the garlic before chucking in a can of tomatoes, so basically it's my usual pizza topping but more of it. More, I say. MOOOOORRRRE!!!!