What are you eating tonight

froggg

12 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Gotta admit that I usually mark up anything that can't easily be identified but the missus just wraps food up and bungs it in the freezer. Then when you ask what's what I just get a shrug of the shoulders and a "I dunno."

I started the spreadsheet (checks Excel) about 3 months ago. As well as the freezer boxes, I keep a record of packet sauces for quick and dirty meals (the Memsahib is in and out the kitchen in minutes whereas I live in there for hours), stir-fry sauces, herbs and spices, orders and deliveries etc. Each beer order goes in there (a master index links to the file containing the order), and I can then add tasting notes for future reference. It's a rudimentary stock control system for my beer.

Like I said, I have become rather anal - far too obsessive for my own good really, so it's no surprise I piss people off on here. The lockdown is now officially getting to me.

Edited by Eddie

21 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I started the spreadsheet (checks Excel) about 3 months ago. As well as the freezer boxes, I keep a record of packet sauces for quick and dirty meals (the Memsahib is in and out the kitchen in minutes whereas I live in there for hours), stir-fry sauces, herbs and spices, orders and deliveries etc. Each beer order goes in there (a master index links to the file containing the order), and I can then add tasting notes for future reference. It's a rudimentary stock control system for my beer.

Like I said, I have become rather anal - far too obsessive for my own good really, so it's no surprise I piss people off on here. The lockdown is now officially getting to me.

Seems a reasonable system to me. Must be doing your nut in being permanently locked down. I'm not sure I could cope. I take medication for psoriatic arthritis that dampens down my immune system and was expecting a letter to arrive to advise me to lockdown. It  never came so I decided to stop taking the medication to allow me to continue with some form of normality. It's impacted my mobility and I'm now in a quandary as to what to do. It's a choice between diminished physical health or diminished mental health. 

Plain old boring fish and chips tonight. Last week, Tesco substituted basa (Mekong delta catfish) for the unavailable smoked haddock, so tonight I cooked a couple of fillets. I took some panko breadcrumbs, mixed in a load of chopped parsley, basil, chopped chives and dried lemongrass, used coconut flour instead of ordinary flour as the base, eggy milky wash, dipped in the breadcrumb mix. a flick of coconut oil and baked them in the oven for 20 minutes.

No pics - this week's Tesco delivery arrived at an inappropriate time and I forgot.

The verdict on the basa - same flaky quality as cod but far more flavour and about half the price. Delicious and thrifty - will buy again, by choice.

Lunch time, quick omelette for one with last 2 eggs in the box, both double. Tonight decided to have pancakes, new egg box ( both were from Sainsbury's) cracked first egg it 's a double, cracked the next, also a double one. Unreal. I cant even remember having a double yellow before today. Gonna get a lottery ticket for tomorrows draw.

8 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Lunch time, quick omelette for one with last 2 eggs in the box, both double. Tonight decided to have pancakes, new egg box ( both were from Sainsbury's) cracked first egg it 's a double, cracked the next, also a double one. Unreal. I cant even remember having a double yellow before today. Gonna get a lottery ticket for tomorrows draw.

Are you yolking? That's a cracking story if not. ?

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Virus mutation ?