What are you eating tonight

froggg

Just now, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

It did cross my mind, avian flu or something like that. Feeling ok so far....

Your sense of touch will be fine. If your smell and taste go stay indoors for at least 7 days and email the complaints department of Sainsburys.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Schoolboy error, contains dairy.

The other schoolboy error was, I made it in the garden and topped it up from the hosepipe, so it tasted a bit rubbery.

21 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Lunch time, quick omelette for one with last 2 eggs in the box, both double. Tonight decided to have pancakes, new egg box ( both were from Sainsbury's) cracked first egg it 's a double, cracked the next, also a double one. Unreal. I cant even remember having a double yellow before today. Gonna get a lottery ticket for tomorrows draw.

And so it continues, daughter had 2 poached egg for lunch, 4 yolks, wife needed an egg for some kind of quiche tonight double again. WTF is going on???

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

And so it continues, daughter had 2 poached egg for lunch, 4 yolks, wife needed an egg for some kind of quiche tonight double again. WTF is going on???

Quick google to check chances of getting a double yolk 1 in a 1000. 6 in a row it said a quintillion, more google, that is 

1 in 1000000000000000000 (18 zeros) but we have had 7 in a row so bigger than that then. Need a math genius ( @Millenniumram ?) to work out 7 in row or is it just that big number times 1000 ?

There is also one last egg left in the box, i ll try it tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

Quick google to check chances of getting a double yolk 1 in a 1000. 6 in a row it said a quintillion, more google, that is 

1 in 1000000000000000000 (18 zeros) but we have had 7 in a row so bigger than that then. Need a math genius ( @Millenniumram ?) to work out 7 in row or is it just that big number times 1000 ?

Strange you’d mention it, we’ve had a couple of double yolk eggs as well! Must be something up with the chickens through all this, maybe there’s a farmer on here who knows the reason behind it ?

FWIW, if the Probability of a double yolk is 1/1000, then the probability of 7 in a row would be (1/1000)^7, assuming the probability is independent each time. So yeah, just the big number times 1000 again. A likelihood about as small as our promotion chances this year?

2 hours ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

I've only ever had one double-yolker in my life.

32 minutes ago, EtoileSportiveDeDerby said:

You can buy 'guaranteed' double-yolk eggs now from a number of outlets (says Mr Internet). First of all, the eggs are checked for size, based upon the age of the pullet actually laying the eggs. Then, a bright light is shone through the shell of any that are larger than 'normal', and the number of yolks physically checked.