What are you eating tonight

froggg

5 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Looking good. Doesn't look far off being ready but what do I know? ?

It’s the bark.  When it’s finished it looks burnt black but hopefully nice and tender inside. Never done it before so the chippy is looking favourite at the moment. 

The rub was

Mustard

Worcester Sauce

Chilli flakes

Garluc Powder

Brown sugar

salt

Black Pepper

Cumin

cayenne

Powdered onion 

3 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

It’s the bark.  When it’s finished it looks burnt black but hopefully nice and tender inside. Never done it before so the chippy is looking favourite at the moment. 

The rub was

Mustard

Worcester Sauce

Chilli flakes

Garluc Powder

Brown sugar

salt

Black Pepper

Cumin

cayenne

Powdered onion 

If it's still got 6 hrs to go then if you PM me your address, I've just got time to make it for the dishing up. 

43 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

10 hours at about 250F.. Hopefully after about 8 it will have reached 190f internal temperature, then wrap in foil for another 90 mins or so.. Could be an epic fail.. The chippy is open just checked. 

Foils a good idea,helps keep it juicy. Sounds cracking bud. Don't forget the pics with the finished product. 

52 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I am addicted to Ikea meatballs, and I've been getting a bit twitchy of late, being unable to get any.  A few weeks ago, they released the recipe, so today I had a go.

ikea1.thumb.jpg.3e7acbbcfb917a6401fb829cab3ac6f7.jpgikea2.thumb.jpg.54f1a2795c0aa5a41cedfb6903f5fd56.jpg

How do they compare to the original Eddie?

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Blimey @Eddie, either you're expecting visitors or you and the good lady have healthy appetites. 

We ate one third of them today. The rest are now in the freezer, in boxes 9 and 10. I keep a spreadsheet of what's in what box, when it was made etc. Yes, I am that anal.

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

We ate one third of them today. The rest are now in the freezer, in boxes 9 and 10. I keep a spreadsheet of what's in what box, when it was made etc. Yes, I am that anal.

Gotta admit that I usually mark up anything that can't easily be identified but the missus just wraps food up and bungs it in the freezer. Then when you ask what's what I just get a shrug of the shoulders and a "I dunno."

59 minutes ago, froggg said:

How do they compare to the original Eddie?

Very similar, but they could have done with more seasoning. Also, after the initial shallow fry to seal them, I cooked them in my air fryer, whereas normally we would use the big oven throughout but cook them slowly from frozen. The air fryer is a bit too fierce and dries them out a little. Perfect for chips, schnitzels, bitterballen, croquettes - in fact, anything with a breadcrumb coating with a quick spray of coconut oil to brown them, but meatballs? Normal oven in a casserole dish or roasting tin with a lid next time. With pork, I'm a bit obsessive regarding internal temperature, and I spent far too long and far too often jabbing them with the meat thermometer.