Chris Martin signs new contract until 2020

Cam the Ram

Hmmmmm. Whilst I'll support whoever plays in the shirt......

This smacks of a footballer realising grass is greener where he was.... stamp your feet and you'll get your own way eventually.

Sad times we live in the world of football nowadays.

Really not happy how we as a club conducted this. Smacks of arrogance for me.

Hey ho, I'll support whoever plays in the shirt.... Time will tell whether this was good business.

One things for sure...... think some teams will be wary of dealing with us in the future now. 

• Replies 904
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

No not really, bar the obvious. This is just another tactic from Sam and co. I'm personally confident he'll be back, but the ball is still in Fulham's court, although it's rolling towards ours....

Look forward to the next few days then, sure it's going to be very interesting- especially fulhams team tomorrow!

1 minute ago, Purpleram said:

Hold your horses, we've got the penalty decision, Chrissy Martin to take it, 50/50 at best!

No, it can't be that! Toddy reliably informed us that Martin only scores 1/3 of his penalties... don't let the statistics mislead you! :thumbsup:

Mind, however much I disagree with this..... I can't wait for the Fulham home game when their fans turn up in fancy dress as an empty away end again

12 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

Hmmmmm. Whilst I'll support whoever plays in the shirt......

This smacks of a footballer realising grass is greener where he was.... stamp your feet and you'll get your own way eventually.

Sad times we live in the world of football nowadays.

Really not happy how we as a club conducted this. Smacks of arrogance for me.

Hey ho, I'll support whoever plays in the shirt.... Time will tell whether this was good business.

One things for sure...... think some teams will be wary of dealing with us in the future now. 

I don't think he ever thought the grass was greener in Fulham. He just came to blows with Pearson a few times and NP's a **** who thought his only way to stamp his authority was to tell Martin he either wasn't playing for Derby or he was to piss off to Fulham.

I'm delighted with how the club has handled this, but then I do like a bit of chess. 

2 minutes ago, Purpleram said:

IF he comes back before Tuesday, I imagine it will be on the understanding he can't play against Fulham.

Don't think they'd be able to agree to a rule like that. I think that can only be applied to loans. Unless there was some sort of gentleman's agreement, but I can't see Derby and Fulham being very gentlemanly to each other anytime soon.

Calling @wixman1884. This is your opportunity for the greatest photoshop this forum has ever seen. What this photo absolutely must have is the following.

- A train, preferably named "the Chris Martin Express"

- Chrissy poking his head out of the window of said train

- Jokanovic waving it off as the train conductor, at Fulham Rail Station.

You will be guaranteed at least one like from yours truly. Definitely worth it.

14 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

For your entertainment this evening... Fulham fans view on the matter http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=57767.0

It's funny though isn't it, even seen a reporter talk about 'the arrogance of Derby and Martin' tonight. We aren't and haven't done anything we aren't allowed to do in this. Martin also has been clear throughout that he wanted to do his best for his family.

No one has talked about Jokanovic's arrogance in his quotes which has now left him looking a little silly, remember the Martin refused to play stuff which turned out not true? He played his hands early making out Fulham has them all when he never did. Fulham must have known the situation was never going to be easy, they were getting one of the best strikers in the league on the cheap.

Archived