Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

1 hour ago, Heisenberg said:

"Derby. Pushing on with Yanic Wildschut thing. May be 5 plus a promotion bonus. Wigan under p to sell now."

The latest from Nixon.

Yay! Let's pay over the odds for a player who's not as good as ANY of the wingers we already have!

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Yay! Let's pay over the odds for a player who's not as good as ANY of the wingers we already have!

Well you see we haven't  got a decent winger as such apart from Ince and  don't tell me Russell is a proper winger  .

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Well you see we haven't  got a decent winger as such apart from Ince and  don't tell me Russell is a proper winger  .

3 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Behave. 

The lad is better than Weimann & Camara. Just needs to battle with Russell for top spot. 

Not on the evidence I've seen so far... Looks entirely too much like a "decent 1 game in 5" player to me... At least when Russell is 'bad' going forward he works hard, tracks back and does the grim and gritty work... 

I'd be interested to know how you guys know he's so much better?

Just now, cheron85 said:

Not on the evidence I've seen so far... Looks entirely too much like a "decent 1 game in 5" player to me... At least when Russell is 'bad' going forward he works hard, tracks back and does the grim and gritty work... 

I'd be interested to know how you guys know he's so much better?

Conversely Russell has one decent game in 20 .

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Conversely Russell has one decent game in 20 .

*sigh* You have a very short memory don't you?

No-one played well under Pearson... And a lot of the players are still in recovery mode now... Probably the few who are back up to speed are Ince, Keogh, Pearce and Johnson... Baird has come good from nowhere and Carson has been solid all season... None of the rest are close to where they've been before but you single out Russell for some reason...

The last few seasons I admit he blows hot and cold... But when he's hot we get 5/6 great games from him... When he's cold we rarely go for 5/6 games of him being average... PLUS that's why we have other wingers... 

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

*sigh* You have a very short memory don't you?

No-one played well under Pearson... And a lot of the players are still in recovery mode now... Probably the few who are back up to speed are Ince, Keogh, Pearce and Johnson... Baird has come good from nowhere and Carson has been solid all season... None of the rest are close to where they've been before but you single out Russell for some reason...

The last few seasons I admit he blows hot and cold... But when he's hot we get 5/6 great games from him... When he's cold we rarely go for 5/6 games of him being average... PLUS that's why we have other wingers... 

Russell is ok but he is hit and miss and you started on with stats like 1 in 5 regarding Wildschut.

Lets keep Russell and also sign Wildschut.

Dont worry about the money FFP isn't a problem .

People think about Russell without looking at the bigger picture of the team as a whole. Maybe he doesn't get as many assists or goals as we would like at times, but we all saw what happened at Leeds when you leave a fullback exposed with zero cover by playing someone like Camera.

Russell has the pace and the stamina to cover our fullback and keep the opposition fullback busy down the left hand side, an ability not to be underestimated and in a 4-3-3 an ability that is absolutely crucial to the shape of the team. We are fortunate that Ince has improved in that regard and not lost the ability to stick the ball in the net.

4 minutes ago, curtains said:

Russell is ok but he is hit and miss and you started on with stats like 1 in 5 regarding Wildschut.

Lets keep Russell and also sign Wildschut.

Dont worry about the money FFP isn't a problem .

Would rather keep the money until summer - he'd probably cheaper then if we wanted him!

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we sign this bloke do we have to decide today whether we love him or hate him? I know this will sound crazy but why not try something radical and welcome him to the club and give him time to settle in?

This ain't that kind of club, friend :whistle:

7 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we sign this bloke do we have to decide today whether we love him or hate him? I know this will sound crazy but why not try something radical and welcome him to the club and give him time to settle in?

They worry about the money mate for some reason I've never fathomed it because we are the most frugal and decent run football club ever with Mel and Sam .

I am with you on this let's just see what the lad brings without running him down first. 

7 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Would rather keep the money until summer - he'd probably cheaper then if we wanted him!

I don't worry about the money as we are a well run club and I have confidence in Mel and Sam and our financial director who has FFP under control.

He was from Chelsea but don't ask me his name but he spoke at a forum once I attended at Pride Park  .

Decent guy who knew his stuff  

3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I don't worry about the money as we are a well run club and I have confidence in Mel and Sam and our financial director who has FFP under control.

He was from Chelsea but don't ask me his name but he spoke at a forum once I attended at Pride Park  .

Decent guy who knew his stuff  

I'm not worried about FFP either - but you can only spend the money once.

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I'm not worried about FFP either - but you can only spend the money once.

True but I think they have scouted this guy and like what they see. 

I trust Steve if we sign him and will welcome the lad. 

I could be totally wrong on this though as I only heard a rumour regarding a player who could be Dutch .

Not much time left in the window and Steve says he doubts much will be done but I hope they get this one done. 

But hey ho this is DCFC and we go on whatever happens. 

Up the Rams. 

Archived