Andi Weimann - Joined Wolves on loan

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Weimanns' strengths are down the middle while Jamie Wards' were obviously out wide so your analogy is flawed.

Except that Weimann was clearly signed as Ward's replacement - it was pretty much one in, one out.  I don't disagree that Weimann is probably better through the middle, but we knew that when we were looking at him, and then signed him anyway.  The fault isn't with Weimann, it's with the recruitment process that led to us paying a large sum of money for a guy that couldn't do the job he was signed for as well as the guy he was replacing could do it.

3 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

You tell me how many of Weimanns' appearances were in a central role

Not wishing to pick bones but wieman at villa did not play from a central role he was primarily on the right hand side with benteke in the middle and agbonlahor on the left, I can't find reference to him playing centrally regularly anywhere 

Send weimann on loan, then nugent gets injured. Our so called bloated squad is looking a bit threadbare right now what with injuries suspensions and players going out on loan, given our injury situation shouldn't we be bringing players in on loan not sending them out?

On Friday, January 20, 2017 at 18:36, Sparkle said:

Not wishing to pick bones but wieman at villa did not play from a central role he was primarily on the right hand side with benteke in the middle and agbonlahor on the left, I can't find reference to him playing centrally regularly anywhere 

Incorrect I think.

I spoke to plenty of villa fans when we first signed him they said he's so much stronger in the middle he will put a shift in but is wasted out wide.  It was basically unanimous- I was amazed how many of their fans had the same view.

So he must of played that role a lot.  Maybe behind benteke I don't know.

On 20/01/2017 at 10:23, Dimmu said:

Good finisher. Get him to the box and he'll score for sure. Wasted on the wing IMO. Bit surprising thought, against us they looked like lacking two CB's...

He'll do well for them.

Watched his goal, he was playing on the left wing according to a mate there.

Rounded the keeper and slotted home.

You're right he may do well for them and I'd really like him to prove wrong the football managers on here, saying he can only play central!

Theres a good player in him, do hope he can come back with confidence to us and prove it.

Infuriating - I said last week in this thread he has far too much quality to be allowed out to a competitor on loan. Camara showed in 5 minutes last night why we should definitely also hold onto him. AW should have been in the side ahead of Russell last nights miss is an example why.

Would have liked to see McClaren give him more of a chance, that being said, whenever he had been given a chance he had limited impact. When Derby played really high tempo football I think it suited Weimann, Hull away in the playoffs being my example of this. I don't think he suited us when we tried to play the ball around more slowly as I don't believe his build up play and ball control was the greatest. Hope he does well at Wolves and if he does we give him another chance when he's back in the summer.

1 hour ago, hiltonram said:

The problem for all these forwards is that in our current system we only use one striker and he needs to be able to hold the ball up.

Wiemann along with some others need to play as a two up front, so until we change formation they  will not get in the team however well they do elsewhere.

Wolves played a 4-2-3-1 today....

Good move to send him on loan to Wolves. They're a bit too far back to push for the play-offs but they can still take points off our rivals. He needs game time which he wasn't getting here - he'll either prove to McClaren he has a future here, or he'll put himself in the shop window.

2 hours ago, Monty said:

Infuriating - I said last week in this thread he has far too much quality to be allowed out to a competitor on loan. Camara showed in 5 minutes last night why we should definitely also hold onto him. AW should have been in the side ahead of Russell last nights miss is an example why.

Sorry AW struggling to get ahead of JR all season and last night miss was unlucky.. JR is better than AW. ?

Archived