A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snippet from the Forest Forum

"Plot twist - Fawaz is delaying the deal as he is refusing to sell Lansbury to Derby, he will only sign the takeover deal if the Americans agree to also sell Lansbury to Aston villa. The Americans though would rather take the Derby option as they have offered more than Villa. Fawaz is staying quiet on twitter as he cant reveal this information, normally by now Fawaz has responded to the abuse or put out a statement. Fawaz's last attempt at showing he cares.

Probably ******** though"

Sith Happens

All those posts about fawaz on that thread must be fictional because all the forest fans these days deny ever thinking fawaz would achieve anything, and especially those about all the signings made because don't you know they never spent any money and spending money and buying players is a terrible crime in football.

30 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

All those posts about fawaz on that thread must be fictional because all the forest fans these days deny ever thinking fawaz would achieve anything, and especially those about all the signings made because don't you know they never spent any money and spending money and buying players is a terrible crime in football.

In fact they spent so little that the football league thought they were a shining example of thriftiness and helped them to remain 'on the wagon' with an embargo, helping them to be even more thrifty. In fact they are so good at being thrifty, when they can't avoid getting bills in the first plaice, they usually simply don't pay the bills that they do accrue. 

Copy and pasted from a friend of a friend from Bookface, complete with gumptastic grammar and lack of line breaks.

As I hear it, and always from excellent and reliable sources, (whom I obviously cannot divulge 'cos I don't get any information anymore), our friend here has gone to ground because he has been a naughty boy during the process of negotiation. Once agreed that all assets at the football club were to be part of the deal, as I have been told, the current owner has been touting four players to several clubs behind the backs of the American Consortium. Lansbury was shunted at both Burnley and Direby by Fawaz himself and Osborne, Cash and Britt have been circulated to clubs, offered for a knock down price in a 'fire sale' instigated by the man himself. I guess we would have expected nothing better from a man who seems to have little, or no moral code as far as business goes in the culture we would normally assume to trade within. An email was picked up by certain journalists with his demands to the proposed American owners, where his ludicrous package to stay was outlined. 'At least Dick Turpin wore a mask' springs to mind, is my only comment. I have also had confirmation of what I thought was true, in that certain players have not been playing, because of contractual follies set up when the players signed for the club. The mess that began under Billy where Fawaz was meddling with team affairs has continued under Montanier and the U.S. Boys have held him to task over that too. Remember we were 7th in the league when we sold Ollie Burke and they were just assembling their offer at the time !!! It is no wonder the new investors do not want him to have 20 per cent share any more; would you as an investor or partner ?To those out there who still regard him as The Saviour, now is the time to take off those ridiculous rose tinted glasses and see what the man has done to our club. I have been watching Forest for over fifty years and never has it been this bad, both on and off the field. At least in the past when we were poor, there was still a spirit within the corridors of the City Ground, now there is nothing. We would undoubtedly have survived without his interventions, loans and miserable and child like media manipulation too. Just look at The Bin Dippers, Bournemouth, Chelsea, etc. etc. to illustrate perfectly that that is the case. A good administrator would have seen to that, no doubt at all. So, to the person that brokered this regime's way into our football club (and smoothed the path with the F.A.), you should hang your head in shame for your part in this debacle. Kuwait's answer to Arkwright is now in grave danger of blowing it big time for both himself, our club and all us Forest fans, who are desperate for a new start. Fawaz is out of his depth here, been sussed and cannot throw his broken train set out the window. He doesn't like it, so again his ego has come first, not what is best for the club he purports to love, other than Leeds and QPR who he went after first.The Americans want us, they have great plans for the club's infrastructure , but Coco just can't help another Pieface can he ? Someone please, PLEASE, find him, pass the man a biro and let's hope sincerely, that is the last we ever hear of him. I won't be at Wigan tomorrow, but see you all at Brum and Leeds, the FA Cup permitting. U Reds. Vivit Post Funera Virtus.

Quite serious allegations and you would hope the guy would be 100% or have some documentary evidence to backup his claims, or he should be awaiting a call from Fawaz lawyers.

Even if Fawaz did sell the players, NFFC would still have the asset (cash received) unless the guy is suggesting that the money is paid direct to Fawaz. Surely this would be illegal and I can't believe even he would be that stupid.

Also this is surely assuming that transfer fees are all paid up front and I'm pretty sure that this is not common practice these days.

48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Quite serious allegations and you would hope the guy would be 100% or have some documentary evidence to backup his claims, or he should be awaiting a call from Fawaz lawyers.

Even if Fawaz did sell the players, NFFC would still have the asset (cash received) unless the guy is suggesting that the money is paid direct to Fawaz. Surely this would be illegal and I can't believe even he would be that stupid.

Also this is surely assuming that transfer fees are all paid up front and I'm pretty sure that this is not common practice these days.

Don't know if he's implying Fawaz profits from it. I think he's just alleging that Fawaz is being spiteful in his last act as owner. Instigating a fire sale to spit in the face of people who said nasty things on Twitter.

Surely he's not that petty?

Just now, Tombo said:

Don't know if he's implying Fawaz profits from it. I think he's just alleging that Fawaz is being spiteful in his last act as owner. Instigating a fire sale to spit in the face of people who said nasty things on Twitter.

Surely he's not that petty?

Wouldn't really make sense when he is retaining a 20% stake though.

21 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wouldn't really make sense when he is retaining a 20% stake though.

Doesn't really make sense which ever way you look at it! I'm trying my best to claw some small scraps of sense out but it's not going well...

2 hours ago, David said:

Fawaz still not signing the paperwork after the incoming new owners went public doesn't make much sense either.

Something isn't right 

I know, who would want to buy Nottingham Forest DVD's?

Archived