A fridge too far

ramsbottom

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, Kennington Ram said:

I like to see Forest fans down in the dumps as much as the next man, but for me the non payment of small suppliers was a disgrace. For some of the small ones that's businesses and jobs on the line.

Some Forest fans actually backed him at the time too, *****. Credit to those who didn't.

He is a disgrace, as you say non payment of bills has not been uncommon, how he treated Peterborough was appauling by failure to pay an instalment for assambalonga meaning they couldn't buy a player in the transfer window. He has failed to pay us. He soon gets on social media when he gets his car vandalised at derby but fails to utter a word of apology when forest fans wreck a toilet block at PP.

I really hope if they have payments due for Burke that they are paid late too, get a taste of their own medicine.

Why is a potential purchase ever sufficient reason not to submit accounts for audit either?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man's an arrogant cock and a complete disgrace to the game of football.

However, I'm afraid I do find it hard to feel any sympathy for The Gumps. 

There were just too many of them lapping it up and looking to rub our noses in it when Fawaz first arrived with his empty promises, too many loving him posing in front of a 'We hate Derby' flag, too many showing adulation when he posed with a dead Ram.

I still remember their smugness at thinking Doughty would write off all the debt and they would avoid they years of austerity that we had to suffer while they sat there and mocked.

They've probably just about suffered enough now but my God I have enjoyed every minute of it!

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

The man's an arrogant cock and a complete disgrace to the game of football.

However, I'm afraid I do find it hard to feel any sympathy for The Gumps. 

There were just too many of them lapping it up and looking to rub our noses in it when Fawaz first arrived with his empty promises, too many loving him posing in front of a 'We hate Derby' flag, too many showing adulation when he posed with a dead Ram.

I still remember their smugness at thinking Doughty would write off all the debt and they would avoid they years of austerity that we had to suffer while they sat there and mocked.

They've probably just about suffered enough now but my God I have enjoyed every minute of it!

I don't know I get the feeling there is more suffering yet to come.

7 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

They sack PM but Rowett turns them down, they fail to bring in good signings after their embargo is lifted, they all fall out over wherever Lansbury ends up, Cash leaves on the cheap, they continue to lose matches, Assombalonga leaves on the cheap, Osbourn leaves on the cheap, Fawaz stays on, takeover falls through after accounts not all they seem.....the potential for more suffering is still ample. Don't think they'll go down, but the bright new dawn might just be delayed until the summer / indefinitely...

9 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

i certainly hope so ..   a nice points deduction   , followed by  relegation  this season would do for a start     then long may the

deluge  of destruction persist

28 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I would be nice if that was just a lone voice, but living and working in Gumpland that sums up their feelings.

Even now, they still think of themselves as much bigger than they actually are.

As such, I hope they get relegated, then liquidated, then the corpse is hung drawn and quartered.

1 minute ago, reveldevil said:

I would be nice if that was just a lone voice, but living and working in Gumpland that sums up their feelings.

Even now, they still think of themselves as much bigger than they actually are.

As such, I hope they get relegated, then liquidated, then the corpse is hung drawn and quartered.

but if they cease to exist, we won't get any pleasure from their situation or even beating them any more.

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

but if they cease to exist, we won't get any pleasure from their situation or even beating them any more.

I used to justify their existence with similar thoughts, but most of their fans don't deserve such compassion!

I get no pleasure really from their situation, or beating them anymore, it's like mocking the afflicted, it was socially acceptable until the early 80's, but it's just not the done thing nowadays.

At best, Forest will have a period of austerity and belt tightening, all Yank owners up to now who have arrived in English football have gone out of their way to run a tight ship.

At worst the damage done by Fawaz has holed them below the water line and the ship is already sinking. They won't go bust but a period of reflection in League one would be great!

Either way, happy days.

3 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

But the timing is perfect for Burton to take their place as the main local rival. I know it doesn't seem it now, but give it some time. 

I confess it is funny to watch but, just as with Leeds, surely a rivalry is only a rivalry if the 2 teams get to play each other. A pre-season "friendly" doesn't count. And how often does being drawn together in the cups come around? I will say again, I would love Forest to win 36 games in the Prem and still finish second to the mighty Rams. That is when rivalry means something, not in the Brian Clough Trophy at the beginning of August.

12 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I used to justify their existence with similar thoughts, but most of their fans don't deserve such compassion!

I get no pleasure really from their situation, or beating them anymore, it's like mocking the afflicted, it was socially acceptable until the early 80's, but it's just not the done thing nowadays.

I'm all for having Burton as our main rivals, it would be like having a little terrier hop into your garden, sound off a few little yelps before you shoo it away.  Much better than the stinking, growling Doberman who trashes your lawn before you deliver a hefty kick to it's gonads, and send it whining back to it's f***wit of a master with it's tail between it's legs...

Archived