A fridge too far

ramsbottom

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, richinspain said:

I confess it is funny to watch but, just as with Leeds, surely a rivalry is only a rivalry if the 2 teams get to play each other. A pre-season "friendly" doesn't count. And how often does being drawn together in the cups come around? I will say again, I would love Forest to win 36 games in the Prem and still finish second to the mighty Rams. That is when rivalry means something, not in the Brian Clough Trophy at the beginning of August.

Thing about the Derby/Forest rivalry is we don't always have to play each other. The hatred for each other can be so intense at times, I'm quite happy not playing against them and just watching them fail and stutter along. League 1 play offs vs Yeovil anyone?

37 minutes ago, I Am Sheep said:

Thing about the Derby/Forest rivalry is we don't always have to play each other. The hatred for each other can be so intense at times, I'm quite happy not playing against them and just watching them fail and stutter along. League 1 play offs vs Yeovil anyone?

Don't agree with you entirely, but I can understand your thinking. I still however think that the feeling after winning against them far outweighs the fun at watching them self destruct.

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Don't agree with you entirely, but I can understand your thinking. I still however think that the feeling after winning against them far outweighs the fun at watching them self destruct.

Ok we beat them away and then watch em self destruct.

From LTLF:

Re: US Takeover?

I read a snippet from a conversation between some idiot on twitter and the journalist in question.

He asked the journo the question about the manager and his response was something along the lines of, 'John and Charlie know nothing about football. They will appoint a competent CEO who will make these decisions for them. There are 20 games left. There is no rush'.

Now where's the fun in that?

Bloody Yanks comin' over here, spoiling all our fun. Shunt be allowed.

3 minutes ago, Grimbeard said:

From LTLF:

Now where's the fun in that?

Bloody Yanks comin' over here, spoiling all our fun. Shunt be allowed.

Be a nightmare if they get that appointment wrong. Ahem.

So, the notts county takeover appears to have stalled, could their white knight be only just down the road, about to see a shining light on the road to Damascus?

Could the few details yet to be resolved with fawaz be the straw that breaks the camel's back?

I would enjoy the meltdown if it falls through, even more if he turns around and buys notts county.

If Fawaz walks away anytime soon then his time at the club has been completely shambolic. He's made a clown of himself numerous times, lost money and left them in the bottom half of the Championship. 

It doesn't seem right that a person with that sort of money can be so bloody rubbish in business. 

How does the fridge company work? Do they pay wages on time to their staff? Do they make simple cash transactions really complex? Do they arrange deals and then back out? 

He's just like a child with money. No idea. No business plan, no organisation. How on earth has he not bankrupted himself? I heard reliably that he can't even organise a fun day properly for all Forest sponsors and business associates. He got rid of the PL guy because he was on too much money then stuck his secretary or something in that role. I think if they weren't reliant on the club for being relevant that McGovern and Burns would have at least one dodgy story about the ridiculous set up changes.

I really don't understand how he has two companies and money in the bank. 

He might be a decent bloke. But he's not ready to be running football clubs. He's made so many internal changes it's like he thinks all the other millionaire and billionaire club owners have missed a trick. Making cutbacks here and there. Does he really think that Doughty would have employed people on big salaries for a hobby? Does he not look into other clubs set ups and think that they must have chief executives for a reason. 

Even using Twitter like he has done. Have a twitter if you must. Promote the club, talk with fans. But a man of your importance getting in silly arguments and doing the "I hate Derby" thing. He should be the ultimate professional. 

He's been a hugely entertaining bloke. Totally nuts

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

If Fawaz walks away anytime soon then his time at the club has been completely shambolic. He's made a clown of himself numerous times, lost money and left them in the bottom half of the Championship. 

It doesn't seem right that a person with that sort of money can be so bloody rubbish in business. 

How does the fridge company work? Do they pay wages on time to their staff? Do they make simple cash transactions really complex? Do they arrange deals and then back out? 

He's just like a child with money. No idea. No business plan, no organisation. How on earth has he not bankrupted himself? I heard reliably that he can't even organise a fun day properly for all Forest sponsors and business associates. He got rid of the PL guy because he was on too much money then stuck his secretary or something in that role. I think if they weren't reliant on the club for being relevant that McGovern and Burns would have at least one dodgy story about the ridiculous set up changes.

I really don't understand how he has two companies and money in the bank. 

He might be a decent bloke. But he's not ready to be running football clubs. He's made so many internal changes it's like he thinks all the other millionaire and billionaire club owners have missed a trick. Making cutbacks here and there. Does he really think that Doughty would have employed people on big salaries for a hobby? Does he not look into other clubs set ups and think that they must have chief executives for a reason. 

Even using Twitter like he has done. Have a twitter if you must. Promote the club, talk with fans. But a man of your importance getting in silly arguments and doing the "I hate Derby" thing. He should be the ultimate professional. 

He's been a hugely entertaining bloke. Totally nuts

Does he run the businesses in kuwait or are they family owned? Makes me wonder if the family havent just given him the forest 'toy' to play with....clearly they have money.

I think the thing with twitter is he was, and probably received it early on, expecting adulation for turning forest into a force and a PL team, and he has just not been able to leave it alone, probably someone who needs his ego boosted.

If he runs his own business as bad as forest maybe thats why they want him out of the way? And maybe why there is a desire for him to retain 20% of the club.

The best thing about this is that it's making the Trees want the takeover even more. Sadly, I reckon that Fawaz will leave and eventually the new owners will come in, although early Feb does have a certain ring to it.

Yet what will happen then? American owners generally struggle with the concept that it's impossible to run a competitive Championship club without running at a considerable loss. They generally try to buck the trend and cut costs, whilst using a 'moneyball' recruitment policy. I reckon the Trees will be missing Fawaz pretty soon. Even more so if the Americans get it completely wrong and get them relegated.

I reckon that this is a no lose situation for Derby fans - Fawaz and oblivion or Moores and death by a thousand cuts.

What a surprise, something involving Uncle Fawaz falling on it's arse.  The man is beyond tragic, he's f***ing clown shoes

Fatty Burns has stated it'll take £100m to put them back on the straight and narrow!!!  I hope JJM is planning on giving him an advisor role, the hilarity would continue...

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Takeover delayed....in notnm post, won't be today......

Aw, its like the slow ending of a beautiful thing, its heartbreaking knowing fawaz might soon be going, but not knowing when....

Feb 3rd would be good.

Just a bit before - then there will be a period of mad collective rushing around by Fridgy and the Yanks as they try to update their accounts and lodge them with the Football League so they can finally come out of Umbongo, arrange half a dozen big-money transfers that would almost certainly see them out of relegation danger, and a minute before the transfer deadline they try to fax/email the details to the league and the FA - only for the City Ground at that precise moment to be plunged into darkness as the Electricity Board cut them off for non-payment of their bill.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Just a bit before - then there will be a period of mad collective rushing around by Fridgy and the Yanks as they try to update their accounts and lodge them with the Football League so they can finally come out of Umbongo, arrange half a dozen big-money transfers that would almost certainly see them out of relegation danger, and a minute before the transfer deadline they try to fax/email the details to the league and the FA - only for the City Ground at that precise moment to be plunged into darkness as the Electricity Board cut them off for non-payment of their bill.

Such a ludicrous scenario!!!  As if Fawaz employs anybody intelligent enough to operate a fax machine...

5 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

What a surprise, something involving Uncle Fawaz falling on it's arse.  The man is beyond tragic, he's f***ing clown shoes

Fatty Burns has stated it'll take £100m to put them back on the straight and narrow!!!  I hope JJM is planning on giving him an advisor role, the hilarity would continue...

I read that, too. The £100m was just to stabilise the the good ship Fawaz. Thinking about promotion comes later.

Archived