George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there so cant comment, but giving the ball away trying to play someone through on goal isn't nesseccarily the same as giving it away passing from one mildfieder to another and so on.

Butterfield didn't give the away to much, but he was slated for "unadventurous" passing....

Sounded like the team were just "off it" today, so lets no more write thorne off than anyone else.

36 minutes ago, Mistaram said:

No he wasn't just got a manager who thinks he's a number 10 how dumb is that 

No he doesnt. Why in his start did he play DM then?

Rowett likes Husss and ledley together and so do i. The number 10 is the best way to get Thorne some minutes on the pitch that is all. Its also less of a risk defnesively aswell.

2 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Rowett likes Husss and ledley together and so do i. The number 10 is the best way to get Thorne some minutes on the pitch that is all. Its also less of a risk defnesively aswell.

He's also earned a few plaudits when Rowett has played him there previously, which obviously count for nothing now.

5 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

We were getting over run in midfield so for me the Thorne vydra swap was a good move ,he has defensive qualities , he can pass a ball , he can link play and he has a goal in him , you may not start him as a number ten but swapping him for your attacking 10 in today’s game situation .?

1 hour ago, HantsRam said:

When was he really poor previously?  Only recall reading positive views on recent appearances. 

I agree. It must be difficult to come into small bits of games yet be expected to play at the level of a player who is 'match fit'.

20 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

He was really poor again today, I think a few of you need to take off your blinkers when it comes to Thorne. 

Is this attention seeking, a joke or just a really stupid question? I can't figure it out. Thorne is the most naturally gifted player on our books by a country mile. He is also the player most certain to prosper in the Premier League, should we get there, and a certain future skipper but you want to focus on the only 9 minutes he has ever played for us as a 10?

And it's us that's blinkered?!?!?

OK mate :huh:

I know we all love him but I don't get anyone fretting about him leaving in January?

It's not like he's been tearing it up this season and he hasn't really played consistently since 15/16. It's not like the entire league are licking their lips at the thought of having him available in Jan, in fact I doubt the majority of fans in the championship even know who he is.

With his injury record, no ones going to be rushing to offer him a deal that's any better than what he's on now. He's clearly a player that suits Rowett, he's loved at Derby and we already know they've been talking about a new contract. 

As much as everyone seems to buy into the mythos of Ledley, the fact we've barely lost a game with him in the side etc. I think Thorne can seriously look to push him out the side.

We need someone in our spine (other than Vyds) who isn't over the age of 30 ffs and I struggle to see what Ledley offers that Thorne doesn't. Neither are quick but they're both intelligent, defensively solid and positionally disciplined. Except Thorne has a passing ability way past that of Ledley and adds even more height to the side.

We're 2 points off the autos, finally have stability and some people are seriously worried Thorne will jump ship?

21 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Wasn't there so cant comment, but giving the ball away trying to play someone through on goal isn't nesseccarily the same as giving it away passing from one mildfieder to another and so on.

Butterfield didn't give the away to much, but he was slated for "unadventurous" passing....

Sounded like the team were just "off it" today, so lets no more write thorne off than anyone else.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Butterfield back at PP. What with a new regime going in to Sheff Wed. 

2 hours ago, 86 points said:

Is this attention seeking, a joke or just a really stupid question? I can't figure it out. Thorne is the most naturally gifted player on our books by a country mile. He is also the player most certain to prosper in the Premier League, should we get there, and a certain future skipper but you want to focus on the only 9 minutes he has ever played for us as a 10?

And it's us that's blinkered?!?!?

OK mate :huh:

In your opinion of course...

my opinion is that he is ok, a nice average championship player no better than that. 

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I know we all love him but I don't get anyone fretting about him leaving in January?

It's not like he's been tearing it up this season and he hasn't really played consistently since 15/16. It's not like the entire league are licking their lips at the thought of having him available in Jan, in fact I doubt the majority of fans in the championship even know who he is.

With his injury record, no ones going to be rushing to offer him a deal that's any better than what he's on now. He's clearly a player that suits Rowett, he's loved at Derby and we already know they've been talking about a new contract. 

As much as everyone seems to buy into the mythos of Ledley, the fact we've barely lost a game with him in the side etc. I think Thorne can seriously look to push him out the side.

We need someone in our spine (other than Vyds) who isn't over the age of 30 ffs and I struggle to see what Ledley offers that Thorne doesn't. Neither are quick but they're both intelligent, defensively solid and positionally disciplined. Except Thorne has a passing ability way past that of Ledley and adds even more height to the side.

We're 2 points off the autos, finally have stability and some people are seriously worried Thorne will jump ship?

Well said.

Its pure sentiment about Thorne. Majority of people on here would love him to succeed at Derby because of what he’s been through and because we all know when fully match fit, he’s a damn good player. 

But if he were to go, while it would be sad, we would more than cope.

Personally, I hope he shows some loyalty and signs a new contract. If he’s patient he will get his opportunity, if not this season then next to be the player we hoped he would be and deep down know he can be.

3 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

Jesus ****ing wept.

that is all!

Archived