George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

4 minutes ago, Spanish said:

Difficult to criticise a good post like yours but for me Bristol was a turning point.  Keo looked awful but after ledley arrived that extra bit of protection meant keo started to play out of his boots.  Maybe a coincidence but the change has been amazing and it would be unfair to exclude ledley from praise.  

Both very true posts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I read this post, and can't disagree with a single word.

Then I look at the stats, and think Thorne is tailor made to replace Tom, not Ledley.

This goes against the evidence of my own eyes, which agrees with your sentiment.

I just think Ledleys got good karma or ju-ju or something, and it shouldn't be disturbed.

Soz.

:ph34r:

Thrilled gorgeous George played well. Have wanted him as a regular starter for weeks. But Rowett is a conservative manager who didn't want to change things, and his reliance on experience and ageing quality has seen us rise into the automatic places at year end. I hope Thorne has a massive part to play in the remainder of the season. But if I were Rowett, I would take George to one side and tell him he's not playing on Monday. It's too much on his way back to fitness.

I would also tell him that he will start the next few league games after that as he's proven his quality, but we can't afford losing Thorne for 20 games having nursed him so carefully to this point. If Ledley is injured, then I would play Bird there alongside Huddlestone, with Wisdom at right back.

But great to see Thorne back. If he plays most games from now on, we will stay in the top two.

My ageing memory might be failing me, but didn't we start to look really good in the play-off final season, once George broke into the team and everything just started to gel?

This happened from January onwards if I recall.

I have a strongly developing sense of optimism about our current situation.

5 minutes ago, halifaxram said:

My ageing memory might be failing me, but didn't we start to look really good in the play-off final season, once George broke into the team and everything just started to gel?

This happened from January onwards if I recall.

I have a strongly developing sense of optimism about our current situation.

He joined in January, but had to wait until Eustace got suspended in early March to make his debut.

5-0 vs Forest, not a bad 1st impression ?.

Good display today no doubt. But it was game tailor- made for him. Against a team with effectively it’s reserve midfield on the pitch. There will be far greater challenges ahead. Great to see him play 90 though. Agreed that you can only play against what’s put in front of you.....

Archived