George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

2 minutes ago, caymanram said:

Good display today no doubt. But it was game tailor- made for him. Against a team with effectively it’s reserve midfield on the pitch. There will be far greater challenges ahead. Great to see him play 90 though. Agreed that you can only play against what’s put in front of you.....

You are MuespachRam, and I claim my £5.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Kernow said:

The first thing Rowett should be doing when he gets into that dressing room is locking the door and not letting George out until he signs a new contract.

because we all love to tie down players who aren't first choice XI and spent 3 of the last 4 years on a treatment table, just because "the fans" know best. Right?

Just now, jagerbob said:

because we all love to tie down players who aren't first choice XI and spent 3 of the last 4 years on a treatment table, just because "the fans" know best. Right?

Watch him play. Any team in this division, some even higher, is improved with a fit GT in the squad.

Might have felt nervous playing against mick McCarthy team , the same one that wrecked his leg last time. But not a bit of it. Sign him up now Gary!

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

This and the fact that you reckon we're getting all the luck going. Are you the fat git who sits behind me and whinges all through the game?

Watched the interview with GT post Ipswich on RamsTV and dunno if its me or not but he didn't seem overly happy with his lack of playing time - hope he's not seeing how things develop whilst running his contract down.

I would love to see a fit GT tied down to a long contract.

Just now, Dimmu said:

People are saying he had a good game... could someone say when he has played badly?

I'm afraid we'll lose him because he is not a playing enough.

if we lose him, it might be his choice. I believe a contract offer is on the table, so next move is up to him

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

This and the fact that you reckon we're getting all the luck going. Are you the fat git who sits behind me and whinges all through the game?

Thought we were lucky earlier in the season with certain games for sure. And still believe we have been lucky by not getting injuries, Us and Wolves definately have had the least injuries from the top sides, and it shows.

Just now, jagerbob said:

if we lose him, it might be his choice. I believe a contract offer is on the table, so next move is up to him

It surely is his choice. If I was in his shoes, I'd certainly look for other options. Only two starts don't sound being valued...

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

It surely is his choice. If I was in his shoes, I'd certainly look for other options. Only two starts don't sound being valued...

George has spent over a year on the treatment table, Gary is managing him in a very sensible way, I believe that George will commit to Derby very soon, he will be back on the bench tomorrow, which is the correct decision as 2 games in 3 days will be to much for him, and then he will start at Manu, and as his fitness levels increase so will his game time. George is going nowhere, the only place he is going is to the prem, with the mighty Rams, Derby have looked after George very well, so he will appreciate this and he will commit to us.

1 minute ago, Derby blood said:

George has spent over a year on the treatment table, Gary is managing him in a very sensible way, I believe that George will commit to Derby very soon, he will be back on the bench tomorrow, which is the correct decision as 2 games in 3 days will be to much for him, and then he will start at Manu, and as his fitness levels increase so will his game time. George is going nowhere, the only place he is going is to the prem, with the mighty Rams, Derby have looked after George very well, so he will appreciate this and he will commit to us.

Like your optimism, mate.  Trouble is, there is no (or very little) loyalty in the modern game.  If George's agent gets a whiff of a longer term deal elsewhere than we are offering, why wouldn't he move?  It's a short career after all. By the way, I bloody well hope you're right!

If George Thorne was playing at his very best for Bristol City what would we have to pay to get him? Pay the wages that we would pay if  he was playing brilliantly or let him go? No brainer - pay him the money. He does not owe us anything because he got injured. He had a contract and wanted to play football.Give him another.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

My guess is either we're offering a short-ish deal or a big wage cut (or both) and the GT side are seeing it as a negotiating position to moved towards where he wants it to be.

I took from GRs post match that Thorne as a player is doing the right things and has stayed fit for 3'4 months now.

I don't think a wage cut is on the cards more the deal length, 

Either way George needs to stay he is the future once the thirty somethings have gone and the most likely of the younger ones who will cut it the PL.

5 hours ago, Dimmu said:

People are saying he had a good game... could someone say when he has played badly?

I'm afraid we'll lose him because he is not a playing enough.

I don't imagine that's due to anything other than his unfortunate problems with fitness, and being injury prone. That will put most clubs off signing GT. 

Archived