George Thorne

DarkFruitsRam7

3 minutes ago, Derbylad92 said:

I like colbeck I always have apart from Thorne he' better then anybody we have, and can' see us signing anybody better then colbeck great championship player but note more. hopefully because we will get rid of anya shackell maybe Martin and anybody else then they will make sure they keep Thorne there' £100,000 a week there 

Is this English? It's just completely incoherent. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something does not add up with Colbeck he played inNewcastles promotion team But he's been training with the juniors since August He's got no squad number and turned down three Championship clubs for loans citing geographical problems yet one of the teams was Sunderland  Seems like a player seeing his contract out for financial reasons to me 

I thought Colback was good. Would be tigerish, combative and allow our flair players to flourish. However a guy that works for me is a big Geordie fan and he constantly slates him - even when he’s not playing!! 

I still think he would be a decent addition on the right terms but as a replacement for Thorne?! No way! Thorne is a much better player. I’d only bring in Colback if we could get rid of Johnson, then I’d be bringing in a quality or good potential wide player, or alternatively giving Thomas or Bennett a chance instead of reverting to Johnson playing in the three. I want my front 4 to have both flair and work rate. Johnson only has the latter, he has the worst technical ability in the team, he may get goals every now and again but he shouldn’t be in ahead of Russell or Bennett for that matter in that position.

9 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

I thought Colback was good. Would be tigerish, combative and allow our flair players to flourish. However a guy that works for me is a big Geordie fan and he constantly slates him - even when he’s not playing!! 

I still think he would be a decent addition on the right terms but as a replacement for Thorne?! No way! Thorne is a much better player. I’d only bring in Colback if we could get rid of Johnson, then I’d be bringing in a quality or good potential wide player, or alternatively giving Thomas or Bennett a chance instead of reverting to Johnson playing in the three. I want my front 4 to have both flair and work rate. Johnson only has the latter, he has the worst technical ability in the team, he may get goals every now and again but he shouldn’t be in ahead of Russell or Bennett for that matter in that position.

I agree he doesn't get in ahead of Russell but I think he gets in ahead of Bennett,,it's just a shame Bradley lacks that passing consistency 

12 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

I like colbeck I always have apart from Thorne he' better then anybody we have, and can' see us signing anybody better then colbeck great championship player but note more. hopefully because we will get rid of anya shackell maybe Martin and anybody else then they will make sure they keep Thorne there' £100,000 a week there 

Are you for Real?

13 hours ago, Derbylad92 said:

:blink::blink: We currently have Ledley and Thudd who can arguably hold their own in the Premiership yet Colbeck is Championship at best but better than what we have? Stay away from the barmaids apron over the festive period.

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

:blink::blink: We currently have Ledley and Thudd who can arguably hold their own in the Premiership yet Colbeck is Championship at best but better than what we have? Stay away from the barmaids apron over the festive period.

I reckon that user is actually Jack Colbeck

4 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

hudds and Ledley couldn't now in the pass they could but not anymore they are good championship players, well colbeck ain't exactly shown himself in the prem has he, ok he's probs very good championship play but a low prem team player at best 

5 hours ago, Mr Giggles said:

Are you for Real?

real about what what wages do you think anya Martin shacks would be on when we were spending silly money for players you think they are just going to have 20000 a week min no chance bet all 3 of these are 30000 a week + 

I've stated this before but I will state it again. I see no reason why we wouldn't offer him a reasonable deal. Sell the likes of Anya, Bent and Shackell in January and make the Blackman and Butterfield deals permanent to help give us the money to offer the likes of Thorne a contract that represents their worth.

We'd be absolutely mad to let him go. Would be worse than selling Hughes for me.

5 minutes ago, Bazal77 said:

im really hoping there is a deal for him but i could completely sympathise with him leaving too. 

Agree with you a lot of fans say who do you drop I think he's that good you have to find a place for him even if it means dropping a wide man 

Archived