Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Strange yearnings said:

Beat me to it. The rule is that people are hanged and pictures are hung (unless Eddie meant that Burns should be hung from a hook if you could find a hook strong enough that is). ;)

I am well hung.

Watford signing Cleverley which I would think ends their interest in Lansbury.

Villa chairman says they have 8 or 9 targets and hope to complete 3 or 4 deals - they have been heavily linked with Hourihane so I would think its a case of either him or Lansbury rather than both

24 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Watford signing Cleverley which I would think ends their interest in Lansbury.

Villa chairman says they have 8 or 9 targets and hope to complete 3 or 4 deals - they have been heavily linked with Hourihane so I would think its a case of either him or Lansbury rather than both

Dont be so sure, between them and Newcaslte, they have just about signed every single player who any club have showed an interest in. 

Signings for the sake of signings! wouldn't surprise me at all to see Lansbury and Hourihane end up there 

Pat Murphy is now saying there's no movement in regards to Lansbury as yet, yet other sources suggest he has a medical at Villa this morning. 

( No movement on Lansbury coming to @AVFCOfficial at moment due to delay in @NFFC takeover. Can't be sanctioned till new owner confirmed. )

I'm unreasonably interested in this transfer. I don't know much about Lansbury, not seen him play really, so am fairly indifferent about the actual player.

However, any success in this saga would feel more like a sign of still being able to compete fiercely and win transfer battles. I think we were spoilt at the start of last season; we got who we wanted. Now it seems we're not the golden destination anymore.

My take on the takeover and subsequent announcements are that even IF the Americans have done a deal with us, how can they not be aware of the rivalry? Why would they announce the departure of their captain and supposed best player on the same day as taking over the club? Basic communication management would mean you milk the positive news (the takeover) and break out the negative news (selling your captain, especially to your rival) to a later stage (days later), thus not diluting your positive message.

I would guess when it happens, the take over is announced, and then the Lansbury deal at least the day after (as long as you can delay the deal or control the comms from the buying club). But I don't think he'll come to us!

Archived