Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Maybe we have officially moved on, just the club aren't informing us peasants. I still think Lansbury could be a bluff, a bizarre bluff but a bluff none the less. 

I believe its a bluff. I reckon SM said to Mel, offer 2m or so for Lansbury, so we can have a laugh at the meltdown, he's a right cockwomble to work for. Plus it gives a screen to get who we really want.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Maybe we've got a deal for done for another Forest player once the new owners are in! What's that young lads name who scored the winner against us at the iPro the other season? Isn't he a Derby lad too?

He's an apprentice 'Cockwomble' did you see him throw himself around when he tried to clatter Bradley in the 3-0 demolition of The Gumps. 

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

As long as De Sart stays fit and we can push Brad up the park can't say I'm that fussed. Johnson has goals in him, if Nugent starts dropping deep and bringing CBs with him like Martin did then we are on to a winner.

That's certainly the hope, I do still worry that Johnson isn't comfortable enough on the ball for how we want to play. With that said, I'm more than willing to give him opportunity to prove me wrong and either way I'd back him to score goals (some player just have a knack for it and I think Johnson is such a player)

3 hours ago, drgoodspeak said:

I'm unreasonably interested in this transfer. I don't know much about Lansbury, not seen him play really, so am fairly indifferent about the actual player.

However, any success in this saga would feel more like a sign of still being able to compete fiercely and win transfer battles. I think we were spoilt at the start of last season; we got who we wanted. Now it seems we're not the golden destination anymore.

More so we're not willing to meet Aston Villa's wage structure of £40k a week if the reported figure is true, something I'm very pleased with, there's no way he's worth that unless promotion is certain or you can write off the cost in parachute payments (which they obviously will).

I would've liked him here but at half the cost of wages. £40k a week? Forget it.

48 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

McClaren says he's heard nothing of him set to join Villa. But according to some on here he was set to join us and Villa :ermm:

Nothing to be sorted until takeover completed. 

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

That's certainly the hope, I do still worry that Johnson isn't comfortable enough on the ball for how we want to play. With that said, I'm more than willing to give him opportunity to prove me wrong and either way I'd back him to score goals (some player just have a knack for it and I think Johnson is such a player)

Johnson will ping them in if he's allowed to camp the box, also think of the aerial prowess he brings to cross situations. He was never happy to do what Pearson asked, looks far better now. We need to starting pulling CBs about more, it's easy for them to sit in against Bent as we saw with Wigan.

This one is getting weirder and weider. McClaren seemed pretty sure in his presser today that this transfer was still up in the air, but I was told my a contact I trust fully that he was at Aston Villa last night having a medical.

Maybe Forest have just kept Derby in the cold whilst they've done a deal with Villa, keeping us as an option should the Villa deal fall through?

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This one is getting weirder and weider. McClaren seemed pretty sure in his presser today that this transfer was still up in the air, but I was told my a contact I trust fully that he was at Aston Villa last night having a medical.

Maybe Forest have just kept Derby in the cold whilst they've done a deal with Villa, keeping us as an option should the Villa deal fall through?

Not JB12345 ?

2 hours ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Maaaaaaan this has gone so far past stupid! The club need to officially move on and stop helping Forest make any kind of headlines. Their club is in such a poor state that this is clearly a way of trying to get some kind of positive attention from the media.

Go back to the shadows Forest!

What's positive about arguably your best player wanting to move away?

Nothing can be done until the takeover is done, i think until its completed Forest are in a temporary embargo anyway.

I dont think the rivalry at board level between the 2 clubs is as intense as it is between the fans, other than maybe Fawaz, at the end of the day its a business for the owners. From a report last week it seemed like Fawaz was his petty self and dealt with this transfer as a rivalry rather than business by dealing with Villa even though we were reported to be willing to pay more which is why the new potential owners were/are willing to deal with us. Fawaz would rather take less money for a player than sell to us, pathetic really.

If Villa have any form of deal now it will be with Fawaz which doesnt matter in the slightest when the takeover is complete and if we offer more than Villa they will either have to match it or not sign him.

Im pretty sure at this stage both us and Villa have had dealings with Lansburys agent, if he wasnt interested in joining us we wouldnt still be in the mix to sign him

24 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its the last line of the article that intrigues me... 

"As I say, I don't think anything will be sorted until the club knows who the new owners are going to be."

Just think JB could be right and we have been speaking with the Americans. 

Serious question here MR. Is JB someone you know personally?

Archived