Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

8 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Be we'd already made these mistakes not so long ago, it took us a long time to fix, yet lessons don't seem to have been learnt. 

Made me chuckle this, not because you are wrong, just the way it sounds, we made the mistakes not to long ago but took a long time to sort it. Juat implies it took longer to fix the mistake than the time the mistake occured.

On the lessons dont seem to have been learnt part, are you referring to Jewell's mess after relegation or last season's windows? If Jewell's the only part of the club  that is still present from then is us, the fans, obviously not including backroom staff that have as much say on transfers as we do.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I'd imagine Nugent, Bradley Johnson, Blackman and soon to be Highes will be on around the £40k mark. I remember Connor Sammon being our highest earner on £15k(ish). Our wage structure is ludicrous these days, our main top earners aren't even first choice in there chosen position (baring Hughes) what the hell are we doing?! 

Using your imagination too much instead of cold hard facts.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

I'd imagine Nugent, Bradley Johnson, Blackman and soon to be Highes will be on around the £40k mark. I remember Connor Sammon being our highest earner on £15k(ish). Our wage structure is ludicrous these days, our main top earners aren't even first choice in there chosen position (baring Hughes) what the hell are we doing?! 

So much conjecture in a single post.

You have no idea what the club's wage structure is, yet you pull something out of thin air to condemn the club for a figment of your own imagination.

20 minutes ago, rynny said:

Made me chuckle this, not because you are wrong, just the way it sounds, we made the mistakes not to long ago but took a long time to sort it. Juat implies it took longer to fix the mistake than the time the mistake occured.

On the lessons dont seem to have been learnt part, are you referring to Jewell's mess after relegation or last season's windows? If Jewell's the only part of the club  that is still present from then is us, the fans, obviously not including backroom staff that have as much say on transfers as we do.

I read it as the Jewell era, and yes, the organization has changed a lot since then, but my there were some bad contracts in them days.

Last few windows, yes-ish we should have been sharper, and Mel has backed his manger with funds, even when it was Nigel Pearson.

All these folk banging on about the wage structure, you'd think it was their money and not Mel's being used to pay wages. If Mel is happy to splash the cash, why would you worry? And before folk moan about rising ticket prices, consider whether it's reasonable to expect prices to be held at the same time as huge investment is made on returning us to the top tier? You can't argue the one without taking the other into account. Premiership or Championship, your call....

Promotion would mean a minimum £100 million windfall plus the additional sponsorship deals that could be struck were we playing in the premiership. Those numbers dwarf the salary raises and it's perfectly reasonable that we should pay more to see Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, United and City at PP than we would to see the likes of Preston, Rotheram and Barnsley. 

47 minutes ago, rynny said:

Yes, apologies. Trying to post whilst also working in people's houses, sometimes it's jibberish.

Was referring to the Jewell era where we threw a lot of money at bad players, can't be bothered to quote the other person who quoted me stating why do people care so much about how much the club spend, not as if it's their money. It still effects us though doesn't it, all the money wasted meant we the fans then endured 5 years of cost cutting and at times awful, awful football.

My main point is that I just feel we could get a lot more value for our money, we've paid massive fees and handed out big contracts and we're still not where we want to be.

£40k a week for Lansbury is ridiculous, look elsewhere. 

25 minutes ago, 86 points said:

All these folk banging on about the wage structure, you'd think it was their money and not Mel's being used to pay wages. If Mel is happy to splash the cash, why would you worry? And before folk moan about rising ticket prices, consider whether it's reasonable to expect prices to be held at the same time as huge investment is made on returning us to the top tier? You can't argue the one without taking the other into account. Premiership or Championship, your call....

Promotion would mean a minimum £100 million windfall plus the additional sponsorship deals that could be struck were we playing in the premiership. Those numbers dwarf the salary raises and it's perfectly reasonable that we should pay more to see Arsenal, Chelsea, Spurs, United and City at PP than we would to see the likes of Preston, Rotheram and Barnsley. 

It's around £150m now.

31 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Promotion would mean a minimum £100 million windfall plus the additional sponsorship deals that could be struck were we playing in the premiership. Those numbers dwarf the salary raises and it's perfectly reasonable that we should pay more to see Stoke, Crystal Palace, Bournemouth, Hull and Swansea at PP than we would to see the likes of  Forest, Wolves, Leeds, Sheffy Wendy and Aston Villa

ftfy :ph34r:

Archived