Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

I think its true that Villa have tried rushing a deal through with Fawaz, whereas we are dealing with prospective new owners.

The issue is though, if Villa really are offering 40k a week to Lansbury and we clearly won't match that, then it doesn't matter who we are dealing with, Villa still have the upper hand as they will just make an offer to the Americans once they have taken over.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am truly vexed with this one ,on one hand I would like the takeover to fall through leaving fridgy in charge and the dogs screwed and no Lansbury ,or the yanks take over we become the preferred buyer and we get him probably paying over the odds and the same with his salary , Aaaaagggghhhhhh.

17 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I am truly vexed with this one ,on one hand I would like the takeover to fall through leaving fridgy in charge and the dogs screwed and no Lansbury ,or the yanks take over we become the preferred buyer and we get him probably paying over the odds and the same with his salary , Aaaaagggghhhhhh.

Or what about Fridgy really draws this out and the yanks fooook it off altogether in February. Leaving the transfer window closed and a failure to sell "The Cockwomble" who then agrees a free transfer elsewhere.

During which time he sulks until his contract expires and he then leaves for £0.00 in the summer. 

And the Fatwazok is still left in charge of a what would then be a Div 1 team!

I'll be LMFAO All season long if that happens. 

2 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Don't see how there's anything about the Lansbury situation which shows Forest in a good light.

Did I say anything about forest being a good light? Why do people like you start something out of nothing?

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Or what about Fridgy really draws this out and the yanks fooook it off altogether in February. Leaving the transfer window closed and a failure to sell "The Cockwomble" who then agrees a free transfer elsewhere.

During which time he sulks until his contract expires and he then leaves for £0.00 in the summer. 

And the Fatwazok is still left in charge of a what would then be a Div 1 team!

I'll be LMFAO All season long if that happens. 

Now that one I like 

58 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I think its true that Villa have tried rushing a deal through with Fawaz, whereas we are dealing with prospective new owners.

The issue is though, if Villa really are offering 40k a week to Lansbury and we clearly won't match that, then it doesn't matter who we are dealing with, Villa still have the upper hand as they will just make an offer to the Americans once they have taken over.

Or that figure is plucked out of the air guesswork by a reporter. 

34 minutes ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Did I say anything about forest being a good light? Why do people like you start something out of nothing?

People like me? Seeing as we probably have never met please explain how you know what I'm 'like'?

Say he waits till summer.

We could pay him a £3m signing on bonus, spread over the 3 years of his contract, plus a salary of 30k a week to get him up to the 40k a week mark, without causing any disharmony in the squad.

If we did that, we'd only be overpaying by 39.5k a week for a Cockwomble who tries to ref the game, ***** out when the going gets tough, and even Forest fans I know think is a showpony!

10 minutes ago, Papahet said:

We are "willing" to top 40k to land him, madness.

God I hope not! That sort of salary (obscene though it is to 99.9% of the working population) should be limited to the top players in the top leagues. If only it was possible to set salary caps but there's too many obstacles for that to happen- that horse has well and truly bolted!

Football in England, certainly at Premier League level cannot be sustainable in its current form in the long term. If, for whatever reason, SKY pulled out of the TV deals, then it will all come crashing down. The majority of the big foreign investors pumping money into clubs are in it solely to get a return and when the well runs dry they'll be off!

Anyway - Henri Lansbury £40k a week - utter madness if it's true!

17 minutes ago, Papahet said:

The whole thing sounds remarkably far-fetched. Aston Villa are (according to some) negotiating with Fridgy, Derby negotiating with the Americans. Has anybody got any proof of this one way or another?

I make a point of not believing pretty much anything when it comes to transfer fees, salaries and the like, and certainly not when it is reported in newspapers for obvious reasons (i.e. newspapers will always sensationalise), but for the sake of argument, where did you find that information?

25 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Sorry @Papahet if I've missed something but where have you read that? Haven't seen that quoted anywhere and I'm not sure how any news outlet would get a handle on what a club were "willing" to pay

7 hours ago, Rosythram said:

I have read the posts regarding Lansbury and Martin and whilst open to both players, when do the hierarchy within the club draw a line and persue alternatives as against losing opportunities to further strengthen in this transfer window?

When it's too late

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

The whole thing sounds remarkably far-fetched. Aston Villa are (according to some) negotiating with Fridgy, Derby negotiating with the Americans. Has anybody got any proof of this one way or another?

I make a point of not believing pretty much anything when it comes to transfer fees, salaries and the like, and certainly not when it is reported in newspapers for obvious reasons (i.e. newspapers will always sensationalise), but for the sake of argument, where did you find that information?

Sounds like a right load of cock and bull to me too.

I would have thought this is the ideal time for us to buy, if Villa really are waiting on Lansbury, I would sack the gypo off and go and sign Hourianne (excuse spelling).

We will end up waiting weeks, only to fail getting him and then we will be forced into a panic buy, which usually ends up with a Nick Blackman (How anyone could even suggest we signed him after 3 months of not scoring is beyond me).

Archived