Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These people/newspapers that are saying Villa are offering him 40k a week are the same papers that link you with 400 players a week and that have said Villa have agreed to sign him. 

Nobody knows the figure that Villa have offered him. Or of they have even offered him anything yet at all. 

People seem to be getting hung up on this 40k a week. Which we have no idea if it's true. 

But some players in our squad will be on 30k minimum. Wouldnt he surprised if Bent and Johnson are on 35k a week.

But at the end of the day its not our money. The club, from a financial perspective, is extremely well ran. Accounts get published every year and we are in no danger of FFP. 

Im sure if Lansbury was demanding wages that we didn't want to or couldn't afford to pay then we simply wouldn't sign him. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Mel Morris. He is a Derby fan at the end of the day. He wants what is best for the club and he wouldnt financially ruin us. 

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

These people/newspapers that are saying Villa are offering him 40k a week are the same papers that link you with 400 players a week and that have said Villa have agreed to sign him. 

Nobody knows the figure that Villa have offered him. Or of they have even offered him anything yet at all. 

People seem to be getting hung up on this 40k a week. Which we have no idea if it's true. 

But some players in our squad will be on 30k minimum. Wouldnt he surprised if Bent and Johnson are on 35k a week.

But at the end of the day its not our money. The club, from a financial perspective, is extremely well ran. Accounts get published every year and we are in no danger of FFP. 

Im sure if Lansbury was demanding wages that we didn't want to or couldn't afford to pay then we simply wouldn't sign him. 

Regardless of what anyone thinks of Mel Morris. He is a Derby fan at the end of the day. He wants what is best for the club and he wouldnt financially ruin us. 

Not only ITK , you also talk sense . Top man ?

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I would have thought that wages would be discussed after a bid has been accepted and permission is given for the player to speak to the buying club, unless they have already made the deal with the agent....i would have thought that was illegal?

1 minute ago, Woodley Ram said:

I would have thought that wages would be discussed after a bid has been accepted and permission is given for the player to speak to the buying club, unless they have already made the deal with the agent....i would have thought that was illegal?

I think "tapping up" of players happens on a weekly if not daily basis these days. Clubs wouldn't bid for players if they hadn't already spoken to the agent to see if said player would be interested in a move. I bet a lot of agents shop their players around, seeing what deal they can get next, the more a player moves clubs the better it is for the agent.

9 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

That was my thought also mate. 

The only thing I was thinking though was that Lansbury is free to talk to Villa because his contract is up in the summer? 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The only thing I was thinking though was that Lansbury is free to talk to Villa because his contract is up in the summer? 

Good point Mackworth but you would have though they would be a little more discreet about the amount of wages

4 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Very true and the same can be said for us.

There's a lot of ******** been written by the so called itk'rs on Lansbury when really nobody knows jack **** to what's happening.

5 minutes ago, Supermac said:

Very true and the same can be said for us.

There's a lot of ******** been written by the so called itk'rs on Lansbury when really nobody knows jack **** to what's happening.

Agreed. Nobody knows a thing about Lansbury. 

Pat Murphy is one of the worst for it. 

That tweet the other day, "Villa don't need to offer more than 3 million for Lansbury. He wants to go there and will wait till the summer if needed" 

Quite clearly utter ********. 

42 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Sorry @Papahet if I've missed something but where have you read that? Haven't seen that quoted anywhere and I'm not sure how any news outlet would get a handle on what a club were "willing" to pay

"Aston Villa remain very much in the box seat, having offered in excess of £3m for the former Arsenal man, along with wages of more than £40,000 a week.

Derby are understood to be willing to top that wage offer in order to land the 26-year-old, although Forest remain less than keen to sell one of their better players to their biggest rivals."

http://m.nottinghampost.com/henri-lansbury-s-future-won-t-be-resolved-until-after-nottingham-forest-takeover-says-mcclaren/story-30053900-detail/story.html

17 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Agreed. Nobody knows a thing about Lansbury. 

Pat Murphy is one of the worst for it. 

That tweet the other day, "Villa don't need to offer more than 3 million for Lansbury. He wants to go there and will wait till the summer if needed" 

Quite clearly utter ********. 

Agreed same with HITC and Birmingham Mail, they are wide of the mark on most occasions. 

Think the new manager might have a say in this too, especially if players are offered as part of any deal.

18 minutes ago, Supermac said:

Agreed same with HITC and Birmingham Mail, they are wide of the mark on most occasions. 

Think the new manager might have a say in this too, especially if players are offered as part of any deal.

From the Red Dogs side, they could say to Lansbury 'if you won't sign a new contract then we expect you to go to Villa as we want the money for you, otherwise we'll drop you'. Might not happen in that Circus show but we don't know what each party in this saga is doing.

33 minutes ago, Papahet said:

"Aston Villa remain very much in the box seat, having offered in excess of £3m for the former Arsenal man, along with wages of more than £40,000 a week.

Derby are understood to be willing to top that wage offer in order to land the 26-year-old...

That is just stupid.

4 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

From the Red Dogs side, they could say to Lansbury 'if you won't sign a new contract then we expect you to go to Villa as we want the money for you, otherwise we'll drop you'. Might not happen in that Circus show but we don't know what each party in this saga is doing.

But dropping him doesn't hurt him.

Who's to say the new owners/Fawaz get a say in it?

I'd assume Forest will soon enough be looking for a new manager, maybe he'd persuade Lansbury to renew, or if not may try for a part ex to cushion the blow?

I know I'd be mighty peeved if a player was sold before I'd taken the reigns at a new club.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Who's to say the new owners/Fawaz get a say in it?

I'd assume Forest will soon enough be looking for a new manager, maybe he'd persuade Lansbury to renew, or if not may try for a part ex to cushion the blow?

I know I'd be mighty peeved if a player was sold before I'd taken the reigns at a new club.

Very true mate and if as you'd believe they want someone of quality like Rowett. Would he come to a club they was gonna sell their best player before he got there?

This story has a long way to go yet with many more twists and turns. However I wouldn't pay Lansbury £40k a week, he ain't worth it IMO

19 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

From the Red Dogs side, they could say to Lansbury 'if you won't sign a new contract then we expect you to go to Villa as we want the money for you, otherwise we'll DROP YOU! Might not happen in that Circus show but we don't know what each party in this saga is doing.

Are we talking about a someone from the board room giving him a good hiding???

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

But dropping him doesn't hurt him.

If so then dropping him might actually hurt! 

Archived