Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

This one is getting weirder and weider. McClaren seemed pretty sure in his presser today that this transfer was still up in the air, but I was told my a contact I trust fully that he was at Aston Villa last night having a medical.

Maybe Forest have just kept Derby in the cold whilst they've done a deal with Villa, keeping us as an option should the Villa deal fall through?

Suspect the Yanks are dealing with us while Fatwaz is busy fingerblasting Villa.

The Mirror are reporting Villa are now after Cairney. So that's Lansbury, Hourihane and Cairney they've been linked with in the past 2 weeks. And they've still got Tshibola who cost them £5mil at the start of the season who barely gets a game, Jedinak who cost £4mil and who you'd assume is on large wages, Gardner and Westwood. Steady on chaps. :lol:

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

The Mirror are reporting Villa are now after Cairney. So that's Lansbury, Hourihane and Cairney they've been linked with in the past 2 weeks. And they've still got Tshibola who cost them £5mil at the start of the season who barely gets a game, Jedinak who cost £4mil and who you'd assume is on large wages, Gardner and Westwood. Steady on chaps. :lol:

Matty James next to report about. :ph34r:

10 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Might be a bit of a silly conspiracy theory but I've got to thinking that Newcastle and Villa are playing mind-games with some of these stories. Expressing interest serves to unsettle players and automatically pushes up the price for any other interested parties who might be promotion candidates but have FFP concerns. The teams who own the players concerned have to manage players who might then be having their heads turned. It's kind of a win-win scenario IMO and if I'm honest it's exactly what I'd do too. Take Lansbury - if they were really desperate to sign him why not stump up the diference between their bid and ours? It's not like they can't afford it.

18 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Can't say there not going all out for 6th spot :) 

11 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Ahh, fair enough. You're much more patient than me (and most others) on here then. You're giving him a very fair chance to prove his sources were actually correct.

@MACKWORTHRAM is ITK so probably understands better than most what a thankless task passing on transfer titbits can be when a lot of folk on here seem intent on crucifying those who do. If I ever heard anything, which I never do, I'd be keeping schtum for sure, irrespective of any potential kudos to be earned from fellow forum users.

1 hour ago, Nuwtfly said:

This one is getting weirder and weider. McClaren seemed pretty sure in his presser today that this transfer was still up in the air, but I was told my a contact I trust fully that he was at Aston Villa last night having a medical.

Maybe Forest have just kept Derby in the cold whilst they've done a deal with Villa, keeping us as an option should the Villa deal fall through?

well at 5.45pm he was at Poundland in Leicester City Centre.

6.15pm he was at a wig shop on Charles Street Leicester (I knew it wasn't his hair)

7.25pm he was having a Chinese at wing pong poo's on Halford Street

9.45pm he went in a Premier Inn on London Road with a mystery blonde

2.00am I was arrested for stalking :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Whoneedshuls said:

Can't say there not going all out for 6th spot :) 

Yep, £22 million + on strikers and they're still linked with Rhodes. A £10mil + centre back partnership with a £4mil keeper (who they've just signed a replacement for), a £10mil central midfield partnership who they're looking to replace and signings like Adomah and De Laet who won't be cheap. I think they're currently at over £50 million spent, with £20million brought in from sales and Bruce has supposedly been given £25mil to spend this window. Should be a fun watch! :lol:

Can't remember where I read it but a week or two ago it was reported that we were talking directly to the potential new owners rather than to Fawaz.  Steve Mc's comments today sort of back this up - sounds like our board are dealing with the ultimate decision makers which sounds pretty sensible to me. Doesn't mean we will get Lansbury but maybe not as certain it'll be Villa as we thought

1 minute ago, RamLad1884 said:

Honestly think new owners will sell to whoever pays most, looking online most forest fans aren't bothered if he comes to us, as long as we pay decent price for him

Yep and if we pay over the odds and he flops they will revel in the fact. Don't really care where he goes. Just wish the saga would end soon. 

10 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

this Forest takeover will trigger a massive and mental chain of events!

American owners - they love turning a match into an "experience ". How the gumps took the p*** out of GSEs attempts with the sheeps masks. 

Wonder how they'll get on with a free green privet curly wig and the Brian Clough stand being renamed "Nottingham Arborial Reserve".

:lol:

Archived