WIN: Derby County Books, including signed copy of Stuart Webb's Clough, Maxwell & Me

David

North Bridge Publishing have kindly given us a bundle of Derby County books to give away just in time for Christmas, perfect stocking fillers for any Rams fan!!

Exclusive First Prize of 5x Derby County Books Includes: 
Signed Stuart Webb copy of Clough, Maxwell & Me 
Derby County: Story of a Football Club
Derby County, 50 Memorable Matches From Bloomer to Mackay
The Day That Derby Won The Cup 
When The Rams Met The Nazis

2x Runner Up Prizes
Unsigned copy of Clough, Maxwell & Me

How to Win
Guess the attendance at Fulham v Derby County on 17th December and the closest correct guess wins the first prize of 5x Derby County books. 2nd and 3rd closest guesses win a runner up prize of Clough, Maxwell & Me.

Rules
1) All entries to be posted in this topic, emails or tweets will not be counted.
2) Competition is open to UK members only
3) One entry per member, any members found to have duplicate accounts will be removed.
4) In the event of a tie, the first entry to be posted wins so get your entry in early!
5) All entries must be made by 9am on the 17th December.

*To receive in time for Christmas winners need to send me their name and address by private message or email by the 21st December at the very latest. Prizes will be despatched by North Bridge Publishing.

The Books
All these books plus more can be found and purchased from http://northbridgepublishing.co.uk

Clough, Maxwell & Me jacket copy.jpgClough, Maxwell & Me Explosive, the inside track Stuart Webb autobiography
As the Rams legend Alan Hinton says in his foreword to Clough, Maxwell & Me, Stuart’s tales from those days are shocking, humorous and enlightening. His stories about, not just Clough and Maxwell but also Dave Mackay, Arthur Cox, Jim Smith, Lionel Pickering and others, will have you roaring with laughter, and shaking your head in disbelief. You will discover whole new sides to men you thought you knew so well.

NBP_Derby cover copy.jpgDerby County: The Story of a Football Club
FROM the gaslit days of Queen Victoria to the multi-media world of the 21st century, the story of Derby County is a fascinating one. Formed by a cricket club, founder members of the world’s first Football League, FA Cup winners, champions of England – the Rams have long been one of the game’s greatest names.

50 Memorable Matches cover copy.jpgDerby County 50 Memorable Matches
THERE have been many memorable matches in Derby County’s long history. Now Rams historian and Derby Telegraph columnist Anton Rippon has put together his choice of 50 games covering a period from the days of Steve Bloomer to those of Dave Mackay.

The Day That Derby Won The Cup… cover copy.jpgThe Day That Derby Won The Cup
ON 27 April 1946, Derby County won the FA Cup. It was the first Cup Final since the end of the Second World War, the Rams’ first appearance at the Empire Stadium, and the first time in their 62-year history that they had lifted the trophy.

Through interviews with the Cup-winning team, the newspapers of the day, including match reports on every cup-tie on the road to Wembley, and fascinating photographs, The Day That Derby Won The Cup tells the dramatic story of that epic season.

When the Rams Met the Nazis cover copy.jpgWhen The Rams Met The Nazis
N May 1934, Derby County, one of England’s leading clubs, was invited to make a close-season visit to Germany. They found a country swathed in the swastika. Adolf Hitler had gained power only 12 months earlier, and even football could not escape the Nazi thrall. The Derby players were also surprised by the strength of their opposition as the Germans used the Rams’ visit to prepare for the World Cup to be held in Italy later that month. When The Rams Met The Nazis tells the story of that trip, using contemporary reports and photographs many of which have not been published before.

Big thanks to http://www.northbridgepublishing.co.uk for providing this prize! 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived