Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've managed to win 5 on the bounce without really firing on all cylinders . Defence is excellent but we still seem to be struggling going forward

4 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think we can see the folly of releasing two of our best players to the opposition though.....Buxton was excellent today....I'm pretty sure mac wouldn't of let either him or Chrissie go.

Great to get the win today,if we can win the scrappers and the games we play well,we are ahead of the pack.

Are you smoking crack or being ironic? Keogh and Pearce have been Stonehenge like. 

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I think we can see the folly of releasing two of our best players to the opposition though.....Buxton was excellent today....I'm pretty sure mac wouldn't of let either him or Chrissie go.

Great to get the win today,if we can win the scrappers and the games we play well,we are ahead of the pack.

Absolutely. 

So pleased with this result. It was the sort of nothing game on a fixture list that potentially saps momentum. A point would have been a disappointment but acceptable, but these are the sort of games that you see form teams losing for no reason. But we won ! 

Regardless of missed chances or nit picking we stuck at it, rode our luck and all the other clichees. Winning games like these are the ones that build inner strength, in a sense, much more than high profile matches under the spotlight.

Job to do. DId it. .. Right . Who's next for the crusher. 

4 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

How did Vydra get on today anyone who was there? 

Good at times and then didn't seem on the same wavelength other times. He got caught in possession a bit but then would do a brilliant pass or bit of trickery to beat a player. 

He ran his socks off and looked a bit tired at the end.

7 minutes ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

How did Vydra get on today anyone who was there? 

You don't want to know from people who were there! What you want is second hand opinion off the radio and stats. You can't beat a few stats (football is played in a computer you know)! 

14 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We won 7 in a row in the 2013/14 season

Oh? 

I'll be honest I thought the 5 in a row and never any more was something you said. But maybe it was a different amount with one of our other managers. 

Ah well - unimportant. 

Keogh and Pearce we're unbelievably good. We didn't play great but they only really created one clear cut chance (hit the bar).

Vydra's all round play was brilliant but yet again he was dead after an hour. Seems to be a ongoing thing. Needs to get fitter.

Olsson wasn't very good. Much prefer Lowe. Doesn't stop the cross and backs off too much. 

Hughes yet again was out of sorts, but Johnson was again heroic 

Pearce MOTM by a mile 

6 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Low on confidence then absolutely knakered after about an hour. A few nice touches but kept losing the ball and not quick to get into the box. 

8 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Good at times and then didn't seem on the same wavelength other times. He got caught in possession a bit but then would do a brilliant pass or bit of trickery to beat a player. 

He ran his socks off and looked a bit tired at the end.

Think it may be a case of building his game time and confidence? I know he will get his goal soon and hopefully they come rolling in after that! See him as a genuine quality player but like much of our team and most footballers, they are confidence players. 

Maybe even get his goal against the red dogs. I can dream! 

Any win away from home is terrific- well done the Rams!  And I wasn't there but I suspect Vydra was not able to hold the ball up to help our pattern ( not his fault but it is not his game) bent has been trying hard at it lately and has done ok but I feel we need the correct type of player up there.

reading this thread again people are criticising Russell who weren't at the game - amazing ! From my distance he again started in a Derby shirt in a team that fought a hard won game and also was the closest to increasing our lead by hitting the post.

Archived