Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, cannable said:

Yeah, Wassall was the first manager to guide us to four back to back wins since the back end of 13/14.

And he was supposed to be ****! 

We had 2 lots of 4 wins under Mac in the 14/15 season but in both were fa cup matches.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

I thought we won 7 in a row at Mac 1.

In his first season we won 7 in a row and then later in that season, 5 in a row which then was ended by a draw at leeds I believe. Season after that we only ever won 3 in a row under mac. This in now the longest winning run since that 5 wins a row under mac before. Lets hope it's 6. 

2 hours ago, Seth's left foot said:

Wigan were always going to spoil our game and scrap for everything but we kept them at arms length.

We could've been more clinical but you could say that about lots of games this season, another clean sheet orchestrated by our Captain which sets up these wins.

Nice to see Johnson showing us what he can do, he will be key next week.

Well done lads, now to make it 6 in a row!

He was booked today so isn't he now suspended for Florist?

1 minute ago, Ramos said:

In his first season we won 7 in a row and then later in that season, 5 in a row which then was ended by a draw at leeds I believe. Season after that we only ever won 3 in a row under mac. This in now the longest winning run since that 5 wins a row under mac before. Lets hope it's 6. 

I saw most of the games in our 9-in-a-row, which is the club record.

I'd like us beat it before I pop my clogs.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

Did I dream it or did Johnson also make us look a genuine threat from corners today?!

Three times he got on the end of one at the far post. I goal, two dinking it back into the mixer. He's in a brilliant run of form.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Three times he got on the end of one at the far post. I goal, two dinking it back into the mixer. He's in a brilliant run of form.

Another player half our fan base wrote off and would quite happily sell. I wish people would remember times like this and realise players can improve and get back to their best, they don't stay bad forever. It's Russell's turn next, but as the others have, I'm sure he'll turn his form around.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think calling them gash is very disrespectful.

They had some tidy players and tried to play decent football.

Perkins and Power (I think) absolutely ran the show. Our midfield was second to absolutely everything.

Spot on. We were second to every ball in the second half and were strangely lethargic. Wigan passed well, had runners off the ball and were a bit naiive with their final ball. A more clinical team would have beaten us. That said, I thought our central defensive pair were excellent, especially Pearce. If someone said there was a flu bug around the club, I would've believed it. Today was an excellent 3 points under the circumstances and as long as we keep 11 players on the pitch next week, we'll have our 6th win in a row.

Archived