Joey Barton

DcFc Dyycheee
Message added by Day

Joey Barton - Appointed as Fleetwood Head Coach > https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/29009-joey-barton-appointed-as-fleetwood-head-coach/

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's about as tough as Robbie Savage.

If what we want is to a bloke squaring off with another bloke offering a fight he has no intention of taking part in then sign him up.

The typical "let me at him" ankle biter. 

Needs a good hiding. Attention seeking *****.

"Oooh but he's a good player". So is Ledley. So is Huddlestone.

"He brings that bite we lack". No, he brings the barking. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

He's about as tough as Robbie Savage.

If what we want is to a bloke squaring off with another bloke offering a fight he has no intention of taking part in then sign him up.

The typical "let me at him" ankle biter. 

Needs a good hiding. Attention seeking *****.

"Oooh but he's a good player". So is Ledley. So is Huddlestone.

"He brings that bite we lack". No, he brings the barking. 

We will have to agree to disagree on this point mate. I think you’re doing him a bit of injustice personally. I wouldn’t have him now but he was a good player in his prime. He has a football brain, he’s not like people think he is in terms of being nothing but a thug like a lee cattermole. He is positionally very good and a very good passer.

I really think that if we had him in 2014/15,  or even the season after, we would have got promoted.

No. He isn't better than what we have as a footballer, and he is a complete *******, complete with bans for betting and a history with the police. What an example he would set to the younger players. People think that because he is a ****, he is tough and has bite in the middle. He doesn't. He won't put in any tackles more than Ledley will. 

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

We will have to agree to disagree on this point mate. I think you’re doing him a bit of injustice personally. I wouldn’t have him now but he was a good player in his prime. He has a football brain, he’s not like people think he is in terms of being nothing but a thug like a lee cattermole. He is positionally very good and a very good passer.

I really think that if we had him in 2014/15,  or even the season after, we would have got promoted.

Here we go again on Barton..." not like people think he is"??

Stubs cigar out on youth team players eye lids...

Beats his team mate up so badly the fella needed cheek bone surgery and have his eye socket repaired.

Squares up to a 15 year old kid....

Goes to jail for assault

While in jail is found guilty of another assault on team mate...

Comes from a family where his brother is actually in jail for life for an axe murder....

And a list longer that my arm of pitch battles, head butts, smacks to players ribs....

Im sorry McLovin but what part of him is " not like I think it is" mate? 

Ive no idea about Cattermole to be honest. Is he a sh#t too?

He can stay the heck away from Derby for me.

2 hours ago, McLovin said:

I did quite rate him as a player years ago. But everything I've seen of him in recent years involves just tidy easy passing and shouting loud. 

Plus I don't think he's what Derby need. I think Ledley is everything Barton is but without the Danny Dyer 

After seeing the last few months, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. He has a passion that I've not seen from our players in a long time and could be the catalyst to prevent a slump next year if he is fit.

Saying that, there would have to be a behaviour clause in the contract...

3 hours ago, McLovin said:

Agreed, every time I've seen him play over the last 3/4 years his class and quick thinking has shone thru' - I

hate to say this, cause i'm not enamored with the other stuff he does, but its the truth!  

Sounds like April's fool, but as the day has passed, everything on the internet must be true then? Right? Especially HITC?

Maybe the only player who could make me boycott our team as long as he would be here.

Even being a decent player some years ago, he has gained nothing which would get my respect, vice versa.

Signing that waste of breathing space would also sweep all the respect I have for Rowett.

12 hours ago, MK-Ram said:

After seeing the last few months, I'd take him here in a heartbeat. He has a passion that I've not seen from our players in a long time and could be the catalyst to prevent a slump next year if he is fit.

Saying that, there would have to be a behaviour clause in the contract...

With such a clause he might not last one match. 

Archived