Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

In the last 8 months we've had 4 quite different managers in charge of this squad and (by and large) it's been pretty much the same standard of football with very few exceptions.

There is one constant in all this, the players. Without a significant injection of fresh blood either through the transfer market or the Academy then why do we expect much if anything will change?

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

How long do you give some of those players just because they cost money?

January could be very busy if Mel is prepared to take a massive loss on some of these lot, the question is how long does SM give his tactics time to click before using the squad and U23's.

Its not a case of whether he is prepared to take a loss on them, but whether we can and remain within fair play rules. (or do a Bournemouth and just ignore the rules).

5 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Bent out, Ince out, I blame these 2 for ruining our cuddly cosy team on their massive wages and can't-be-arsed attitudes. And thanks Pearson for loaning Martin out, you really screwed up our season with that little beauty. £8m Vydra, £4 Anya, jeez, it's gonna be a hard slog this year. Roll on 2017/18.

In fairness £4 is pretty good value imo.

Every small child practises shooting from the moment they can kick a ball. They're all desperate to be a striker. So this lot have been practising scoring for most of their lives! As my son would say ' my kids grandmother could do better'!

7 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Did you go mate ?

No, listened to it on the radio today but I'm a STH and have seen too much of the likes of Ince, Bent, Weimann, Blackman Johnson and butterfield flatter to deceive for far far too long

This club has scouted so poorly since clough.

our signings have been lazy, overpriced and just not good enough 

that's enough now I could really lay in to them but I'm going to go and get drunk and snarl at red dogs. 

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

No, listened to it on the radio today but I'm a STH and have seen too much of the likes of Ince, Bent, Weimann, Blackman Johnson and butterfield flatter to deceive for far far too long

This club has scouted so poorly since clough.

our signings have been lazy, overpriced and just not good enough 

that's enough now I could really lay in to them but I'm going to go and get drunk and snarl at red dogs. 

Good man ,live in Notts myself ,off to Derby tonight to be amongst my own [bad loser].

10 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I find myself actually disliking the Derby players. Gone from a bunch of lads you would have a beer with, to a bunch of ***** you resent. 

I would say I'm at this point now with the players, rarely slag them off even after disappointing performances, but they are beginning to grind on me now.

26 minutes ago, admira said:

Given our lack of goal scoring, its an absolute farce what is happening with Fulham and Chris Martin. He is contracted to us but they hold all the power and their manager is really rubbing it in. Terrible decision by someone at DCFC that.

And what exactly would Chris Martin bring to the party apart from moaning and sulking for 90 mins.. He is not the player for a dog fight, he has showed nowt for a long time now.. What exactly would he bring to this team at this time? Don't say goals please.. Or is this another time warp, fingers crossed , it will all be like it was before waste of a post?

10 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Exactly. Same thing the last game - vydra is not executing but he always seems dangerous and he keeps negatively pulling him off for Bent. Is mcclaren trying to draw our way into League 1? Even Pearson made more positive substitutions towards the end of games. This dude is afraid to lose.

How is Vydra dangerous? 

:lol:

5 minutes ago, 61GT said:

In the last 8 months we've had 4 quite different managers in charge of this squad and (by and large) it's been pretty much the same standard of football with very few exceptions.

There is one constant in all this, the players. Without a significant injection of fresh blood either through the transfer market or the Academy then why do we expect much if anything will change?

Wassall and Pearson the same standard (by and large)?

We scored more in one game under Wassall (Hull) than we managed in nine under Nigel Pearson.

We scored 26 goals in 16 league matches under Wassall, roughly 1.625 per game or 75 over a 46-game season. That's more than what any team in the league managed last season.

So... What are you talking about?

Pearson coached all the footballing ability right out of the players. Oh, and he let our top scorer and one of the league's most creative forwards in Chris Martin leave on a season-long loan... And some fans were happy about this.

McClaren needs more than a week to undo Pearson's frankly woeful work here. Jesus... 

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

And what exactly would Chris Martin bring to the party apart from moaning and sulking for 90 mins.. He is not the player for a dog fight, he has showed nowt for a long time now.. What exactly would he bring to this team at this time? Don't say goals please.. Or is this another time warp, fingers crossed , it will all be like it was before waste of a post?

Why talk such nonsense about a proven goal scorer?

Just got back to car and about to leave with kids when they've finished taking off raincoats, all I can say is disappointed at this moment.

if you don't shoot, you don't score and we look blunt. Have to say for me Butterfield and Ince didn't do enough, Christie frustrates heck out of me, but Olsson little better. Won't blame Vydra as we didn't do enough into him hen he looked to run, but too tippy tappy at times for me. 

Could rabbit on but little deflated and resigned to a struggle this year, oh and shoot me down all you like but I really miss Chris Martin.

2 minutes ago, deano180 said:

I would say I'm at this point now with the players, rarely slag them off even after disappointing performances, but they are beginning to grind on me now.

I look at them as cowards and *******. My only hope is SM has a full control contract so he can bomb them out without the special one calling Mel. 

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Why talk such nonsense about a proven goal scorer?

A once proven goal scorer... Greaves anyone... He WAS a proven goal scorer. We have all seen what Martin brings to a struggling team.. What do you think he will do? Please enlighten me?. What magic alixia would you use to make him a different Chris Martin from the one we had and the one currently struggling at Fulham?

Archived