Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

8 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Or it points to a midfield who cant play a long pass.

Hughes bryson butterfield all like tippy tappy, and sometimes you need to play a ball into space or have the vision to see a throughball.

I still cant decide if our midfielders and wide men are stuck in their chris martin ways, or whether they lack confidence to play the risky forward ball, or just arent capable of crossing or playing the longer pass. I suspect it a combination of all 3.

If our players werent all one trick ponies unable to adapt I imagine Pearson might have got better results out of them aswell.

I take it all back apart from the cm bit.. That still stands

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

panicky last minute defence after carson had kept us in it with a couple of top saves. Nothing going forward - Christie and Ince toothless, Hughesy battled hard but gets a booking and out of next game - Should be Hanson or even Baird in for Christie. I'd even try Vernam for Bent, who was not helpful. Basically 50-50 possession but world apart on chances

Just now, Andrew James said:

Poor recruitment during the transfer window is massively costing us.. Who would have thought 2 years ago that we would be underdogs agaisnt Huddersfield. SM tough job on his hands and our finishing coach Phillips is just shocking. How the hell can we not score, massive academy investment for years and no one coming through. 

Max Lowe!!!!

If Vydra was missing chances you might point to philips.

Its our all round final third play which im pretty sure isnt the fault of kevin phillips.

Players need to work on the training ground with macca.

Got to be said ive been disappointed with Anya since he came in, hes not the player i thought he was at Watford. And our midfield blend is wrong. Even if we do stick to 4-3-3 Id like to see a driving runner in their to give us somethign different. That could be Brad Johnson, but he has to play holding role because we have no one else for that position either!!!!!

4 minutes ago, admira said:

Given our lack of goal scoring, its an absolute farce what is happening with Fulham and Chris Martin. He is contracted to us but they hold all the power and their manager is really rubbing it in. Terrible decision by someone at DCFC that.

Fulham didn't score, not sure Martin is the answer the fact our wide players and midfield are not feeding the right balls. 

Out in Bologna for the half-term break and just arrived back at the hotel to check in and see how we're doing.

What a joke - I see not much has changed when it comes to throwing away games in injury time.

McClaren has a much bigger job on his hands this time around and much of this squad (irrespective of how much has been spent) is simply not good enough!

Just now, TroyDyer said:

Relegation battle 100%. We have overrated players and zero heart. Deserve all we get. Plus we give new contracts to **** ***** that call the shots. 

Ffs this is like Groundhog Day.... Can't hit a barn door and concede late goals. A total clear out is needed and this season is a write off 

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Max Lowe!!!!

If Vydra was missing chances you might point to philips.

Its our all round final third play which im pretty sure isnt the fault of kevin phillips.

Players need to work on the training ground with macca.

Got to be said ive been disappointed with Anya since he came in, hes not the player i thought he was at Watford. And our midfield blend is wrong. Even if we do stick to 4-3-3 Id like to see a driving runner in their to give us somethign different. That could be Brad Johnson, but he has to play holding role because we have no one else for that position either!!!!!

Max Lowe is a left back !! I meant forwards. 

Archived