Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Queuing in heavy traffic with an equally heavy heart.

There was a lot of endeavour out there today but little end product. Johnson put a shift in, broke up play and started off most attacks. Hughes poor today and maybe his suspension is a blessing in disguise. He just doesn't look fit to me. Butterfield was disappointing again st his former club - he is so sendentary but when someone gives him the ball he is creative with it - go and get the ball for goodness sake!

I disagree with those who thought Ince was rubbish - our most creative player today but very few on the same wavelength.

I'm fed up of hearing that Vydra runs a lot - he would get the ball a lot more if he ran into some useful positions. Russell got stuck in, won a lot of balls for us and we missed him when he went off. Anya - shocking and Mason Bennett would do better. 

Can anyone explain to me why Bent gets on the pitch ahead of Weimann?  The latter tore it up in the away leg at Hull and we haven't seen him since. 

I thought that overall the defence were competent today, apart from Christie who allowshis man in behind far too often. Although it was one of the  central defenders let the scorer in (not sure who from the other end) it was pretty inevitable they would score once Bent had lost possession again in added time.

I feel that it's going to be a long hard slog until January when hopefully McClaren will be able to undo some of the damage that Pearson did in the previous transfer window. 

If I was him , I would play some of the youngsters, they can't be any worse than Bent and Anya. 

A resigned and slightly weary Ram this evening. 

Butter field is just pure joke of a player but mostyn thinks he's good , oh dear 

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Bet our lot don't know any jokes!

No. Chris Martin said a naughty word to Thomas Ince and Ince's morale dropped to 64/100. 

Then Martin waved his arms in frustration and team chemistry went down to 44%

As if they give a fook about him moaning. I bet they go for a beer after the game and it'll be 

"you ****, I was calling for that pass for ages"

"You'd already missed 2 sitters"

" **** off"

"ha!"

" Still up for poker on Sunday"

And fans are all "He's bad for team morale!! Trouble maker"

They work together, eat together, go to parties, weddings, events. I think they might know how to put up with each other

TBH I'm gutted we played well enough for a draw. I spoke to a Blackburn fan who went to the game to mark a friends passing and he said 0 - 0 was nailed on. The thing is 0 - 0 isn't good enough we have no attacking outlet everytime Hughes gets booked he dissapears. The players that we have aren't good enough. What the club need to be concentrating on is developing a scouting system not buying Champagne Charlies. Find the talent that is out there rather than buying the inform striker from Reading who has scored a penalty for us in two seasons and can't get on the pitch now. If MM wants good investment he needs to look at his scouting set up. We are buying duds. Over inflated flops call then what you want. Get Nigels brother up in Scotland he did better than anyone in the last two years.

9 minutes ago, valleyram said:

Butter field is just pure joke of a player but mostyn thinks he's good , oh dear 

It's a shame hangers on like you feel the need to say stuff like this on a open forum when you clearly have links with a first team player.....

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

TBH I'm gutted we played well enough for a draw. I spoke to a Blackburn fan who went to the game to mark a friends passing and he said 0 - 0 was nailed on. The thing is 0 - 0 isn't good enough we have no attacking outlet everytime Hughes gets booked he dissapears. The players that we have aren't good enough. What the club need to be concentrating on is developing a scouting system not buying Champagne Charlies. Find the talent that is out there rather than buying the inform striker from Reading who has scored a penalty for us in two seasons and can't get on the pitch now. If MM wants good investment he needs to look at his scouting set up. We are buying duds. Over inflated flops call then what you want. Get Nigels brother up in Scotland he did better than anyone in the last two years.

U can't say that mate butter field at 5 million is seemingly a better player than Bryso who cost 400k according to the idiots on here 

Just now, valleyram said:

He's clueless and always has been but as long as your happy I'm happy 

Was he clueless when he became Boro's greatest ever manager? Or led Twente to their first Dutch title? Or guided Derby to the playoff final and helped Bryson achieve the best season of his career?

You said Pearson would get us promoted... Shows how switched on you are in comparison.

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

It's a shame hangers on like you feel the need to say stuff like this on a open forum when you clearly have links with a first team player.....

If u think butterfield is a better player than Craig Bryson like I've heard for weeks now ur as silly as some on this forum , he's no in the same class and for what he cost he should be head and shoulders above him , he isn't 

8 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Was he clueless when he became Boro's greatest ever manager? Or led Twente to their first Dutch title? Or guided Derby to the playoff final and helped Bryson achieve the best season of his career?

You said Pearson would get us promoted... Shows how switched on you are in comparison.

N I still think Pearson would have , mclaren won't bris 

The team not good enough.

I do remember everyone blaming Pearson, cos this team finished 5th last season Blah Blah Blah.

We need a complete rebuild, the performances have not improved since the Pearson chop its just continued under another manager. Cannot blame Mac.......same players under Clement, Wassall, Pearson now Mac.

50 minutes ago, jono said:

It's the midfield .. It was always the midfield. We can blame Shacks for getting the ball out too slowly but that has been improved on. Or Bent for being slow and off side, but the truth is the mids aren't wining the battles, they aren't playing enough forward balls and not running in to danger areas themselves. ... All our forward players can score at this level, proved time and again. but without ammunition and logistical support .. No chance 

Thinking back to the home games I have watched this season (and a few before) when did we last boss midfield ? Win tackles, win second ball, play in the striker join an attack in an advanced position ? Answer = nothing like enough. 

Has this happened when Thorne isn't fit?

10 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I've no links with a first team player but fwiw I believe Craig Bryson has been our best and most committed player since he joined the club , if u can name one better be my guest and name them 

7 minutes ago, valleyram said:

If u think butterfield is a better player than Craig Bryson like I've heard for weeks now ur as silly as some on this forum , he's no in the same class and for what he cost he should be head and shoulders above him , he isn't 

Craig Bryson. Must be happy being made a millionaire after a bumper deal to scare off Burnley......

Must have plenty of freebies to distribute.

Hes been decidedly average last two seasons. Butters is at least on par with him..

Used to make me laugh when you said that Irish lad we used to have in the middle wasn't better than him...,, 

Archived