Huddersfield Town v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're simply not creating chances. Vydra as a lone forward doesn't have the skills to bring others into play. He's a final pass striker, and our final pass just isn't there as our attacking players behind the striker aren't good enough.

Can't believe people don't want Chris Martin back here. 'Never go back' or 'Move on' they say. With him we were one of the highest scorers in the league, without him we're the lowest.

Isn't rocket science is it? 

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

23 goals in 64 appearances for Derby according to Wikipedea. He really isn't as bad as some people on this forum think, that also doesn't include his assists.

Just watch him play, prefer my own judgement to statistics. Never achieves anything other than a few token jumps for headers and chasing a defender.

really amazes me he still gets brought on

5 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Mac must be pulling what's left of his hair out at our strikers......

Getting their goalscoring mojo back is going to take him longer than I thought

Everything else seems to be clicking, the defence and midfield are tight as drums

All pointing to one thing.... We desperately  need super chris Martin back..... 

Or it points to a midfield who cant play a long pass.

Hughes bryson butterfield all like tippy tappy, and sometimes you need to play a ball into space or have the vision to see a throughball.

I still cant decide if our midfielders and wide men are stuck in their chris martin ways, or whether they lack confidence to play the risky forward ball, or just arent capable of crossing or playing the longer pass. I suspect it a combination of all 3.

If our players werent all one trick ponies unable to adapt I imagine Pearson might have got better results out of them aswell.

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

We're simply not creating chances. Vydra as a lone forward doesn't have the skills to bring others into play. He's a final pass striker, and our final pass just isn't there as our attacking players behind the striker aren't good enough.

Can't believe people don't want Chris Martin back here. 'Never go back' or 'Move on' they say. With him we were one of the highest scorers in the league, without him we're the lowest.

But he's lazy and fat and doesn't run and falls over and moans and shags people's wives /s.

Give me Chris Martin anyday over some of the dross I've seen put on a Derby shirt over the years. Best striker in 20 years and people wouldn't want him back.

Early days for Vydra yet and admittedly he's had little time with Mac, but not seeing anything that could be seen as an improvement on Martin apart from the fact that he runs more (and even then, that's not as important as knowing when to run).

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

The point is that Fulham have paid us a substantial fee to keep Martin on a season long loan. All three parties (Derby, Fulham and Martin) have to agree to terminate the loan, and according to the Fulham head coach he has no intention of allowing Martin to return to Derby before his loan is over, i.e. the end of the season. 

He's not coming back this season, no matter how much we need him, unless Fulham suddenly decide they don't him.

In other news, 1-0 Huddersfield. Damn.

4 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

In fairness we were also one of the lowest scoring teams with him, in the second half of last season. 

I think we should try going 4231 with Hughes as a 10 in behind Vydra.

All our best chances seem to be created when he is involved high up the pitch and he plays with such speed of thought that he could allow us to speed things up and give us that cutting edge in the final third. I know he doesn't carry that direct goal threat consistently, but he definitely has the ability to bring others into play and would surely create enough chances to make up for the lack of screamers. 

Archived