Pearson gone

irobinson

1 hour ago, Wolfie20 said:

Where in Pearsons' statement does he say "never"? It could be interpreted that he was no longer under threat of disciplinary  action which would be totally different.

Pearson statement reads via ( LMA ) League Managers Association clearly states " I can confirm that I have not been the subject of any disaplinary action "

That's pretty clear isn't it, Can't quite see the no longer bit your on about ?.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, archied said:

Are we back to an upgraded underling till the end of the season with the job his to lose and promotion not the priority??

snzzzzzzzzzzz, wake me up when we have a fully intetially appointed manager again and promotion is the priority ,,,, .       Bloody Groundhog Day 

You mean like Pearson?

4 hours ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It's a shame how this all ended up. I had high hopes when he became our Manager, granted the football hasn't been very interesting/exciting what ever. 

Thought he was going to shake things up in a positive manner, appears he just p1ssed people off. 

Never mind onwards and upwards, let's hope we get this one right. 

What is it 3rd time lucky?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But the 2 are linked...he is taking the pi5s about how the club is being run...

A Leeds fan? Don't think he has much to be proud about in his club. I don't care what rivals say, I care more about the rubbish our own fans come out with to be honest. 

3 hours ago, James1989 said:

How can he be Paul jewell? He's made no erotic video for a start! Plus he's had a fraction of the time. Comparing the two is ridiculous. 

Time-schmime. Jewell took over a squad totally out of its depth and somehow managed to make it worse but his record after nine league games and three cup games in his Championship season was streets ahead of what Hedgehog Head has produced.

Pearson took over a side which finished fifth in-spite of poor signings and poor-management and made it relegation material with no sign of improvement.

Honestly, Pearson is worse in my eyes. Twelve games was five too many for me.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The Phantom of the Soap Opera, Mel Morris has struck again.

Sacked a man he considers stronger than himself and has sided with the players, and will replace with a yes man that he knows the majority of the fans will 'make do with'.

Its the same as the yanks appointing Clough, they knew he would buy them time given his name.

Do you have proof this is the reason Pearson has gone? Or, is this your opinion? Surely it cannot be your opinion, you're not that thick.

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Let's hope the new Manager is given the freedom to manage the footballing side....

Didn't Pearson have freedom to pick who he wanted? Use the formation he wanted? Was he forced into dropping Shackell? Selling Hendrick? Loaning out Martin? etc, or did he do it out of 'FREEDOM' to do his job?

People like you churning out horseshit like this are a disgrace. There are enough reasons to kick the club without making rubbish up like this. Pearson was allowed to do what he wanted and nothing suggests otherwise.

24 minutes ago, TETRA said:

Pearson statement reads via ( LMA ) League Managers Association clearly states " I can confirm that I have not been the subject of any disaplinary action "

That's pretty clear isn't it, Can't quite see the no longer bit your on about ?.

Isn't being relieved of your duties part of the disciplinary procedure? If it wasn't in this case then how else can Pearson not taking charge of the team against Cardiff be explained? As far as we know he wasn't indisposed, was in Cardiff on the Tuesday afternoon yet didn't carry out the role he's paid for.

My view on the LMA statement released on his behalf is semantics - playing with words to cloud the real situation.

Good, that's over and both parties relatively satisfied.  i don't need to know the details, just glad that's out of the way and we can start looking ahead. 

i would love for Powell to succeed here.  If he can orchestrate a few wins while Mel is thinking things over...

22 minutes ago, swadieram said:

The 7 that ran to Mel telling tails and will do again if they don't like the new manager ! Poisonous underachievers 

just like snow white and the seven dwarfs probably in this order 1 Grumpy / possibly INCE You can guess the rest

1 hour ago, swadieram said:

The 7 that ran to Mel telling tails and will do again if they don't like the new manager ! Poisonous underachievers 

It's my feeling they had a point so not poisonous at all. Pretty sensible. I was not happy watching what Pearson had them doing so I'm glad they did. 

11 hours ago, Webram said:

'Mutual agreement' between LMA & MM probably best for all parties. However, if you want a Sargent Major type (obviously MM did his homework) why cry when he castigates the players. For me, the pressure now is on MM because the managerial appointment must be spot on. No more revolving door. Chris Powell is a lovely bloke I'm sure, but a dynamic manager he ain't. He's stuck around also, which I'm surprised about. If you have a good mate who you feel has been harshly treated, I'd have thought you'd jump ship - a la idiakez. As for names in the frame, i have not got a clue. It seems a choice between the usual journeymen and possible unproven types. 

Maybe he wasn't harshly treated.

9 hours ago, archied said:

Are we back to an upgraded underling till the end of the season with the job his to lose and promotion not the priority??

snzzzzzzzzzzz, wake me up when we have a fully intetially appointed manager again and promotion is the priority ,,,, .       Bloody Groundhog Day 

Like last season when we finished in the play offs you mean?

If that sends you to sleep more than Pearsons football then I pity you.

2 hours ago, swadieram said:

Why did they go to Mel? 

If they were poisonous underachievers you would have thought the manager would have got rid, I mean look how quickly he offloaded our top scorer...

Archived