Pearson gone

irobinson

17 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Jewell has had 3 promotions taking Bradford and Wigan to the PL. He took Wigan to the League Cup final and kept then in the PL for 7 (?) years. 

Is that still an idiotic post James? I am trying to improve myself for you, me duck

Yeah it's still idiotic. Different era, not managed any "big clubs", his rep was already gone when he got to us. 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Jewell has had 3 promotions taking Bradford and Wigan to the PL. He took Wigan to the League Cup final and kept then in the PL for 7 (?) years. 

Is that still an idiotic post James? I am trying to improve myself for you, me duck

Also jewell had 13 month, Pearson had 2 month. Stupid post because you don't like someone. Idiotic 

1 hour ago, Jon_Grooves said:

I dont like football anymore

Likewise, I really am beginning to turn my back on the game and certainly my passion for Derby is dying.

We had the perfect manager in place to take us forward and it’s been terminated due to the ego of an interfering owner. I was previously more than happy to have a mega buck’s owner, and especially one that supported Derby, but regrettably that power is now being misused to the detriment of the club.

We will now stagnate for the remainder of the season under Powell, a historic 38% win rates gets you now where, until he is sacked later next year. I would prefer a mew manger now but can’t see this happening.

So the misery will continue with a section of supporters believing the formation is all important and the reason for our current poor results, some, unlucky as they have been. We have tried a variety of formations under previous managers to no avail. Until we understand that we need a strong and successful manger to be allowed to do his job, without interference, the sooner we will realise our dream of Premiership football.

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

You see, I would have thought you might be hoping he comes back and smashes another 60 goals in 3 years. 

I can only imagine how desperately you must have wanted rid of Hulse, Howard,Sammon, Theo, Rasiak Tyson, Porter, Savies, Moore, Kuqi etc etc etc 

He wouldn't get near 60 in the next 3 years!! 

It's a nice stat to have but that's the past and I think with the service he's got there are plenty of strikers who would have got that tally.  

I see he's on one of his goal draughts again with 0 in 20. That's dreadful. 

Let's move on!!!

'Mutual agreement' between LMA & MM probably best for all parties. However, if you want a Sargent Major type (obviously MM did his homework) why cry when he castigates the players. For me, the pressure now is on MM because the managerial appointment must be spot on. No more revolving door. Chris Powell is a lovely bloke I'm sure, but a dynamic manager he ain't. He's stuck around also, which I'm surprised about. If you have a good mate who you feel has been harshly treated, I'd have thought you'd jump ship - a la idiakez. As for names in the frame, i have not got a clue. It seems a choice between the usual journeymen and possible unproven types. 

3 hours ago, oldtimeram said:

What the heck does that mean??

" Mutual Consent " It says to me he's gone without us having to pay his full three year contract up, both parties have agreed a pay off figure. I would think that's been the main subject of discussion over the last 10 days & little else. 

Very interesting released statement by Pearson when he says " I was never the subject of ANY disaplinary action ". Says it all really.

As for his replacement?. It's almost certain to be Chris Powell till the end of the season, I wouldn't start dreaming of anyone else in the chair just yet.

I wonder if we'll ever really know what went off or do we just have to accept that there was a disagreement and that's the end. Anyway I'm glad it's all out the way now and we can move on. I kind of hope that we could tempt the Huddersfield manager but I seriously think he'd be mad to come here. So I'd stick with Chris Powell.

38 minutes ago, Simsy said:

No but thanks for asking :) just found it strange ya picking out the words I use! 

Do people still say 'ya'?

2 hours ago, James1989 said:

Be prepared to watch Pearson come back and haunt us, show us what he could of done...

I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well somewhere else, if he lands at a club where the squad can already more or less play in the (only) way he seems to want to play.  But I don't think he'd have ever achieved that here, at least not without an absolutely monumental turnover in the playing staff.  And to me it seems crazy to let that happen just for one manager, so I'm not going to be massively upset if he does well elsewhere and I'm not going to feel like we've missed out.

The Phantom of the Soap Opera, Mel Morris has struck again.

Sacked a man he considers stronger than himself and has sided with the players, and will replace with a yes man that he knows the majority of the fans will 'make do with'.

Its the same as the yanks appointing Clough, they knew he would buy them time given his name.

Archived