Pearson gone

irobinson

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, barnsley ram said:

so if we get another manager and we are not in the top half at christmas will you want to sack him

What I want in truth doesn't really matter.

Am I happy that Pearson has left? Yes. Why? Because the performances were dour, we were set up to not play to our strengths and the points return was abysmal.

If someone else comes in who's just as clueless ..... who knows? Can we be that unlucky?!?:whistle:

Pearson not only played a system that was akin to stroking a cat back to front, but allegedly managed to piss key players off in the process. 

The decision to start some games with Hughes and Ince on the bench, central midfielders/strikers in wide midfield positions and to loan Chris Martin out means that he needed to show that his seemingly mental decisions were somewhat genius that others couldn't possibly comprehend. 

Unfortunately, the results showed that his seemingly somewhat mental decisions were in fact mental. I don't think it can come as a shock. 

If I went into work tomorrow and started using carrier pigeons and empty bean cans and string instead of emails and telephones, I don't imagine I would have the same level as success. Similarly, Pearson didn't have the same level of success when keeping our two most talented footballers on the bench and loaning the other out! 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

Pearson not only played a system that was akin to stroking a cat back to front, but allegedly managed to piss key players off in the process. 

Never heard this phrase before, but its a good one and will offIcially go in the LazloW lexicon! Oh and I think i agree with the rest of your points too.

As the heading says he is gone,,,, agree or not that's what it is ,, now? Unless we have some unexpected foreign coach lined up my gut is to go with rowett , he's shown he can hack it in this division all be it with a different style and less money ,, the question is can he evolve with Derby to the football we are looking for and be the right fit ? Well he s young ,ambitious and I would think he's open to progressing as a coach ,for me he's about the best fit out there for us just now unless they have someone in mind I don't know anything about ,, perhaps rowett and Mel could evolve together ,,,, given mels words yesterday I feel it time to cut him some slack ,, mistakes have been made but I'm sure you don't make the kind of money he has unless you can learn from mistakes and move forward ,,, ok perhaps we don't need a total clear out squad and ethos wise but we do need to lower our expectations and improve our patience as fans and accept we are very early into the tenure of a new chairman and perhaps a young coach like rowett

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, toddy said:

Pearson gone...........

And more of the same!

And its not Mac's fault either.............

He's had 3 games for god sake! 

6 hours ago, toddy said:

Pearson gone...........

And more of the same!

And its not Mac's fault either.............

Do you always talk nonsense? 

How many games under Pearson? How many points and goals?

And now without him?

The same eh? Are you sure?

4 hours ago, Alpha said:

Do you always talk nonsense? 

How many games under Pearson? How many points and goals?

And now without him?

The same eh? Are you sure?

Yep,

Performance yesterday was the same as under Pearson, so was the 1st half against Brentford. and Leeds

11 minutes ago, toddy said:

We have had the same type of performances since January under Clement, then under Wassall , then under Pearson and now continuing under Mac.

Players are simply not good enough, being saying it for months now...........

Agree. 

How many more managers before people get it. 

Archived