Pearson gone

irobinson

2 minutes ago, sage said:

There is always rationality if you look for it.

If you play a system that does not suit your players, you will struggle.

If you play creative midfield players too deep you will struggle to score goals.

If you can't score goals, you won't win matches.

If you don't win matches, you are likely to get sacked,

There is some rationality.

As for the rest of the season, I think we will finish top half but will struggle to finish top six

Mate good reply. 

I have played football many moons ago and I have watched it for a long  long time. 

Just stand back for one minute and think are these players putting in enough effort for any of the last 4 managers week in week out and then if you come to the conclusion they are then clearly they ain't collectively or individually good enough. 

Different managers have different tactics and training methods and systems and different backroom staff. 

Ultimately the club needs  to move forward as one and that includes the owners .

If Mel and Sam appoint  Chris Powell so be it but I'd rather have a different manager but just who I have no idea as they will have to work under the same criteria with the same players. .

Like I say Onwards and upwards we hope but I fear not any time soon. 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Or halt our fall down the league whilst blowing money on bang average players...

We will never know as his time was cut short...plenty of managers have bought average players, once again we will never know how they would have performed under him playing in the position that he had them pencilled in for.  I think I'd question the person signing the cheques if they weren't going to be given the opportunity to play in a system that they were bought for.

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

We will never know as his time was cut short...plenty of managers have bought average players, once again we will never know how they would have performed under him playing in the position that he had them pencilled in for.  I think I'd question the person signing the cheques if they weren't going to be given the opportunity to play in a system that they were bought for.

I would question a manager signing players that don't fit in with the system that the team plays.

2 hours ago, Inglorius said:

For those saying Pearson got sacked he wasn't he quit by mutual consent. The reason that it may have appeared that the players didn't want to play for him was that he was attempting to hammer square pegs into round holes in a totally rigid playing formation.  He probably didn't do himself any favours either with the players by packing off our leading goalscorer on loan.

How is Martin (0 goals) our leading goal scorer? 

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I would question a manager signing players that don't fit in with the system that the team plays.

So would I, if after the end of the season that was the case, however he never got that chance, instead we had someone who signed the cheques and then used one of the reasons for his dismissal as not bringing the youth through, only 4 weeks later.....

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Weren't we sat in 5th when Clement got sacked, having been top a few weeks earlier after a long unbeaten run?

Not wanting to play for Pearson I can understand, although not being able to play due to poor tactics and formations is probably closer to the truth.

Sat top then didn't win in 7/8? They didn't look interested 

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Why did the players suddenly decide to stop performing for Clement, and at what point?

Did they get bored with being top, and fancy a new challenge, or was this decision that seems so obvious to some, one that occurred earlier - or indeed later - in his tenure?

"Think before posting" really ought to be a motto we all adhere to.

Well maybe if you think back to the bad start we had where clement tried to change the 4-3-3 then bottle it and went back to the 4-3-3 because the players couldn't do it, they didn't want to? I'll post what I think.

2 minutes ago, TopRam said:

Well maybe if you think back to the bad start we had where clement tried to change the 4-3-3 then bottle it and went back to the 4-3-3 because the players couldn't do it, they didn't want to? I'll post what I think.

Clement's formation wasn't even a 4-3-3, it was a 4-2-3-1

2 hours ago, eddie said:

What about Hull away?

I can play the "pull a random fixture out of my backside to prove a non-existent point" game too.

The point was the important games like a point needed for the play offs Reading at home ,first leg against Hull to give us something to defend you know the pressure games when they haven't turned up ,didn't think I would have to spell it out may be I gave you too much credit. 

9 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

The point was the important games like a point needed for the play offs Reading at home ,first leg against Hull to give us something to defend you know the pressure games when they haven't turned up

And the idea was for a 'manager' to deal with the reasons why they didn't 'turn up', not to get rid of them all. Or do you think that a good manager couldn't get better from these players.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

And the idea was for a 'manager' to deal with the reasons why they didn't 'turn up', not to get rid of them all. Or do you think that a good manager couldn't get better from these players.

Well we will never know if NP could have done it or not as he did make mistakes ie not finishing transfer dealings to change the system etc .

My gut feeling is still to much interference from management and players and also think that some players are past their best and it is also the ones that I like and rate but every player has his time /window and you have to move on .

1 hour ago, King Kevin said:

The point was the important games like a point needed for the play offs Reading at home ,first leg against Hull to give us something to defend you know the pressure games when they haven't turned up ,didn't think I would have to spell it out may be I gave you too much credit. 

Oh, do spell it out, please, and don't give me credit for anything. I'm just thick.

Derby have a massively over rated squad in my opinion, who are neither strong enough mentally or physically. Massive changes needed and pearson realised this eventually but by then it was too late. The players we have now arnt good enough for promotion and never will be hence the reason why we haven't achieved it. If we would of been promoted against QPR it would of been as embarrassing as last time we got promoted. Don't get me wrong Mel morris has been great but I can imagine if pearson would of told him this he would of defended the players maybe causing the '' heated discussions". He needs to back his manager otherwisre he will need another 500 mil to keep up with all the pay offs

8 minutes ago, James1989 said:

Don't get me wrong Mel morris has been great but I can imagine if pearson would of told him this he would of defended the players maybe causing the '' heated discussions". He needs to back his manager otherwisre he will need another 500 mil to keep up with all the pay offs

And if his manager is wrong how much would that have cost us?

Archived