Pearson gone

irobinson

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And what manager would you take bets on to get us promoted from the position Pearson has left us in out of interest?

I would have stuck with NP , to me there is something  wrong in the dressing room  .Too many fat contracts given out when we failed at Wembley ,they don't turn up on more than one occasion in important games etc.

I think we need a strong character ,I was pleased when we appeared to have one appointed in NP but it looks like any manager Derby gets will have to be a yes man .

Bruce or Warnock [ now gone I will follow Cardiff's  results with interest] for me 

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

I would have stuck with NP , to me there is something  wrong in the dressing room  .Too many fat contracts given out when we failed at Wembley ,they don't turn up on more than one occasion in important games etc.

I think we need a strong character ,I was pleased when we appeared to have one appointed in NP but it looks like any manager Derby gets will have to be a yes man .

Bruce or Warnock [ now gone I will follow Cardiff's  results with interest] for me 

Sort of agree but I don't feel strongly either way about him going but this is a results business. You can play our best player out of position and play boring football IF you win and win and win. 8-10 games was plenty. He gave us boring football played wH out of position made some poor substitutions that cost us but most of all he lost and lost and lost. He had to go and he knows it. 

26 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And what manager would you take bets on to get us promoted from the position Pearson has left us in out of interest?

4 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Are you privvy to goings on in the dressing room or is that just your guess at what is happening?

Re contracts, please feel free to tell us what everybody is earning. The club obviously do not mind fans knowing if you have been given the details of these 'fat contracts'.

FWIW I would have had no problem sticking with Pearson but certainly won't lose any sleep now he has gone. Surely hiring Bruce would be out of the frying pan into the fire considering all the questions that have been asked about McClarens loyalty?

3 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Sort of agree but I don't feel strongly either way about him going but this is a results business. You can play our best player out of position and play boring football IF you win and win and win. 8-10 games was plenty. He gave us boring football played wH out of position made some poor substitutions that cost us but most of all he lost and lost and lost. He had to go and he knows it. 

Fair comment I was really talking about the traits of the manager ,he did go about things in a strange way ,having said that the Leicester fans that came on warned us that was his way and stick with him .

6 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

I think you will find that the reason most of those who were in the match-day squad at Wembley no longer turn up for Derby on the big occasions is that the vast majority are no longer with the club, or injured in the case of Thorne and Forsyth.

See my previous note about thinking before you post, unless you just wish to restrict your criticism to Hughes, Keogh, Bryson and Russell from the 18 on duty that day.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

I think you will find that the reason most of those who were in the match-day squad at Wembley no longer turn up for Derby on the big occasions is that the vast majority are no longer with the club, or injured in the case of Thorne and Forsyth.

See my previous note about thinking before you post, unless you just wish to restrict your criticism to Hughes, Keogh, Bryson and Russell.

I assume Martin played some games at Derby this season .

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

I assume Martin played some games at Derby this season .

So what? So did Hendrick, and Grant had been on the bench. Have we had any 'big occasions' this season when those three didn't 'turn up'?

3 minutes ago, eddie said:

See my previous note about thinking before you post, unless you just wish to restrict your criticism to Hughes, Keogh, Bryson and Russell from the 18 on duty that day.

Not just talking about this season eddie what about Reading at home ?

1 minute ago, King Kevin said:

Not just talking about this season eddie what about Reading at home ?

What about Hull away?

I can play the "pull a random fixture out of my backside to prove a non-existent point" game too.

27 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Surely the question is more around which manager would have a better chance of getting us promoted than CP,  we should be looking for the best option for Derby for not only this season but the next ones after that.  

CP is once again the easy and safe option, good ne s is though that he will  toe the line, will keep us out the news for a few months, unfortunately that will probably be on the field as well as we become the next Ipswich of the league.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

What about Hull away?

I can play the "pull a random fixture out of my backside to prove a non-existent point" game too.

We lost 3-2 :blink:

ah unless you meant the league game...my apologies

6 minutes ago, eddie said:

So what? So did Hendrick, and Grant had been on the bench. Have we had any 'big occasions' this season when those three didn't 'turn up'?

Martin at Burton Albion 

Did the Players turn up ! 

I know the manager did  

5 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Why would NP be supportive if there were problems within the dressing room? Don't think he is well renowned for his patience.

Very much doubt you will find any article where DCFC are discussing payrises. Not saying that our players are not well paid but without putting it into context against what our rivals are paying I don't really see the point that is being made. 

You say Bruce gets teams up but that was exactly what was being said about Pearson. If the only criteria for our next manager is a promotion on his cv, Morris has an easy job and can't take any blame when he appoints one.

11 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Isn't being relieved of your duties part of the disciplinary procedure? If it wasn't in this case then how else can Pearson not taking charge of the team against Cardiff be explained? As far as we know he wasn't indisposed, was in Cardiff on the Tuesday afternoon yet didn't carry out the role he's paid for.

My view on the LMA statement released on his behalf is semantics - playing with words to cloud the real situation.

I'd imagine from my experience  (not in football obviously) that the suspension is pending a disciplinary investigation. At that point the facts have not been unearthed and no fault is implied. After the investigation no case could be found and everyone returns to work and no blame is applied. Or after the investigation a disciplinary hearing could be convened allowing for all parties to state their case and an outcome reached. Only once a hearing is convened could you say disciplinary proceedings have started. Once it is completed would potentially anyone be subject to disciplinary action.

Archived