Pearson gone

irobinson

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Why you'd want Hoddle after he was sacked from the England job for his views on disabled people is beyond me.

Oh don't worry about it Howard... Some of them want Joey Barton mate... There was a thread on Bin Ladens as respectable owners once too..( I made that up Mods... Disclaimer#jokesbystockholmnotbeingserious) 

Why do I get the feeling that this is something some fans will never let go? We'll still be hearing "Pearson left before he could do anything" in 20 years time.

My view is that he failed. In every sense of the word. The history books should be saying that he failed but unfortunately they won't and this'll always be a sore spot.

3 hours ago, curtains said:

Do you really think the manager sent them players out to play that crap. 

I doubt it. 

So they decided on their own to not play football on the grass and instead pump the ball 30 metres into the air. Come on that is daft!!!

5 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Why do I get the feeling that this is something some fans will never let go? We'll still be hearing "Pearson left before he could do anything" in 20 years time.

My view is that he failed. In every sense of the word. The history books should be saying that he failed but unfortunately they won't and this'll always be a sore spot.

The same way people think Clough was on the verge of getting it all together? The way some think Clement could have turned it around? I can only think of Jewell in the last 10 years who left with a universal certainty it was for the best, perhaps we should add Pearson to that.

5 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

The same way people think Clough was on the verge of getting it all together? The way some think Clement could have turned it around? I can only think of Jewell in the last 10 years who left with a universal certainty it was for the best, perhaps we should add Pearson to that.

Good point tbf, can't dispute that

This is best for all parties. Derby get to replace a clueless manager not being propped up by his superb support team anymore. Pearson gets a bit of a pay off and his reputation isn't dragged through the dirt as much as it would have been. We still have a (remote) chance of the play offs this season if whoever the next manager is plays to the strengths of this talented squad.

People will moan; oh the players went behind the manager's back, bunch of cowards, Pearson should've been given more time.

I will say; if I wanted dour football, served up by an uncharismatic manager, playing players in positions that didn't suit them, we should've stayed with Clough. The upside of Clough is that he isn't as arrogant, sneering to the press and is a genuinely likeable person.

Maybe he did do something wrong? However he seems very good at sacking managers after a short period of time. I mean don't get me wrong I wasn't a massive fan of clement but he did get us top then sacked him when they hit 5th... Mel is making alot of errors in my opinion, that includes possibly employing the wrong managers

Clement showed little evidence that he understood what was going wrong and showed absolutely no understanding on how he could fix it. What he should have done was played Bucko and had somebody always looking to support Martin as quickly as possible. 

Instead he failed to recognise that teams were actually happy if Shackell had the ball at his feet and that playing Jeff up front wasn't going to work. 

Look at the starting line up against Fulham; it was just a throw of the dice wasn't it? 

19 hours ago, James1989 said:

Yeah it's still idiotic. Different era, not managed any "big clubs", his rep was already gone when he got to us. 

Which big club did Pearson manage?

Surely that's the point? He took small clubs to the PL? A bit like Eddie Howe has done so well. 

He had 2 months and thank god he had no more. We were the lowest scorers in English or Scottish football. We played abysmal stuff. What does the "era" have to do with anything? 

19 hours ago, Simsy said:

He wouldn't get near 60 in the next 3 years!! 

It's a nice stat to have but that's the past and I think with the service he's got there are plenty of strikers who would have got that tally.  

I see he's on one of his goal draughts again with 0 in 20. That's dreadful. 

Let's move on!!!

Maybe not. My point more being in you'd rather see him struggle than be a success. 

5 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

So where do we go from here? Is our aim promotion through the play offs this season? Do we blood the youth? Anyone thinking they know what our plan is, please let the rest of us know. 

I doubt anyone at the club has a strategic plan. We have a squad who some say should be dismantled, others suggest requires just a tweak. Also the club now  needs a new manager, one who will do it the chairmans way.  Our league position isn't good and play offs are a long shot at best. 

1 hour ago, bcnram said:

So they decided on their own to not play football on the grass and instead pump the ball 30 metres into the air. Come on that is daft!!!

Take a look out our awful  defending and tell me why the players aren't at fault  

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

So, for the purposes of clarity and to get things into the correct historical context, we employ a manger, give him 8 games to assess his squad, let him buy a few players, then give him 6 games and sack him.

And he’s judged a failure on that?

Quiet incredible.

Archived