Pearson gone

irobinson

41 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

OK then - capability, three years previous suggests top 6 is not an unrealistic expectation. Delivery - I think everyone accepts that Pearson did not have enough time to deliver what he saw as the way forward. Unrealistic expectations -  lowest scorers in the league, bottom three, 1 win in 9. I think most might have expected better, even with a change in direction.

Subjectively, the team looked awful, very little creativity or movement, didn't seem to have much of an idea about what they were doing as a team. It's fair to say that over time that would certainly have improved, how fast and well we'll never find out.

Ultimately, I think Nigel Pearson turned out to be the wrong man, for the right reasons (that squad do need some managing however talented some of the players might be). I've every confidence he'll find another club and do well, almost nailed on to win against us with his next team!

Prior to Pearson’s signings I honestly do not believe that the squad had the capability to get us promoted. Certainly, they were close on a couple of occasions but never the less still fell short.

Regarding Pearson I really can’t see the point in debating his tenure any further, he never had the opportunity to mould his side so what’s the point. In my estimation a successful manger needs a good two years to formulate a winning side anyway.

I will accept that the team looked poor on occasions but surely you will accept that we were going through an experiential and transitional period and as a consequence the outcome will only reflect this.

It was the correct appointment which sadly went pear shaped, and I agree, he will definitely come back and haunt us at some stage!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

In what way was he unsupported by the owner?

What weaknesses had he identified then? 

Sorry, haven’t got a crystal ball!

Person’s interpretations and my own are probably miles apart. But from my own observations since the departure of Clough, team discipline, work rate, camaraderie and desire have all diminished to some degree.

I’ll assume Person had identified maybe one or two of these!

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

I was using that as an analogy regarding Pearsons sacking. 

People should think how it affects people's lives when they get sacked. 

Pearson said it affected his family whilst he was suspended.

If the rest of his family behave like him and his son then I'm not sure they'll get much sympathy from me

Just now, Pearson said:

Sorry, haven’t got a crystal ball!

Person’s interpretations and my own are probably miles apart. But from my own observations since the departure of Clough, team discipline, work rate, camaraderie and desire have all diminished to some degree.

I’ll assume Person had identified maybe one or two of these!

So we can agree that being given £12m to spend is not being 'unsupported by the owner'.

It's ok supposing that he had identified weaknesses and would put them right in his own time but I saw nothing to suggest that he could identify weaknesses because despite us losing games and playing poorly we just carried on doing the same thing.

17 minutes ago, curtains said:

It was an analogy regarding Pearson getting sacked even you are more intelligent than that. 

EVEN me?

I wouldn't presume anything about my intelligence if I were you. I had to deliver a package in my last job - on it was written "Photographs - do not bend".

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever read. They did. Easily.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

EVEN me?

I wouldn't presume anything about my intelligence if I were you. I had to deliver a package in my last job - on it was written "Photographs - do not bend".

Biggest load of rubbish I have ever read. They did. Easily.

Sorry your in Mensa aren't you.  

3 minutes ago, nottingram said:

If the rest of his family behave like him and his son then I'm not sure they'll get much sympathy from me

I dont imagine its nice getting the sack under these circumstances, with all the media attention. However I realise its the way things are in football, and the compensation no doubt softens the blow.

1 minute ago, curtains said:

Sorry your in Mensa aren't you.  

And?

Intelligence is the ability to perform well in intelligence tests. It doesn't give me any insight into anything behind the scenes at Moor Farm, or where the fault lay in the breakdown between owner and manager.

I don't speculate at the best of times - by nature and vocation I am a scientist, and good science is prediction based upon observation - not the other way around.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

And?

Intelligence is the ability to perform well in intelligence tests. It doesn't give me any insight into anything behind the scenes at Moor Farm, or where the fault lay in the breakdown between owner and manager.

I don't speculate at the best of times - by nature and vocation I am a scientist, and good science is prediction based upon observation - not the other way around.

Eddie you are too clever for me lol. 

I am just a Derby County fan and a not very good one at that according to some lol 

One thing is for sure DCFC don't listen to me. 

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

I am just a Derby County fan and a not very good one at that according to some lol 

Nor any of us. Mel will not have made any decisions based in what we say here.

5 minutes ago, curtains said:

One day, this will all be a fading memory

Sith Happens
1 minute ago, curtains said:

Sorry you lost your job m8. 

Hope you get another one soon. 

I started a new one 3 weeks ago. :) all going OK so far cheers.

While this goal and that goal may not be Pearson's fault and while a couple of months might not be long to settle it doesn't excuse the fact we were utterly dreadful at stringing any sort of attacking moves together. 

It didn't take Mac, Clement or Wassall 2 months to get to grip with the team. Clement's 2nd game v Charlton showed more fluidity than anything under Pearson. 

He didn't take over a struggling team. We could play and construct attacks. 

It was like he didn't bother to look at the strengths of any of our players and was still managing Leicester players. Playing to their strengths and weakness. Players like Bryson were made completely pointless. The formation had huge holes in it. The negativity in some games was incredible. 

So yeah, maybe the players are to blame for this mistake and that mistake. But over the period of time he was here it didn't look anything like a team. Which is more worrying than the odd mistake of a player. Opposition defenders may have made mistakes too if we'd ever threatened them.

He was awful. He really was. What happens in the past and future doesn't change that.

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

While this goal and that goal may not be Pearson's fault and while a couple of months might not be long to settle it doesn't excuse the fact we were utterly dreadful at stringing any sort of attacking moves together. 

It didn't take Mac, Clement or Wassall 2 months to get to grip with the team. Clement's 2nd game v Charlton showed more fluidity than anything under Pearson. 

He didn't take over a struggling team. We could play and construct attacks. 

It was like he didn't bother to look at the strengths of any of our players and was still managing Leicester players. Playing to their strengths and weakness. Players like Bryson were made completely pointless. The formation had huge holes in it. The negativity in some games was incredible. 

So yeah, maybe the players are to blame for this mistake and that mistake. But over the period of time he was here it didn't look anything like a team. Which is more worrying than the odd mistake of a player. Opposition defenders may have made mistakes too if we'd ever threatened them.

He was awful. He really was. What happens in the past and future doesn't change that.

What key differences do you think Chris Powell will implement?

1 hour ago, curtains said:

I was using that as an analogy regarding Pearsons sacking. 

People should think how it affects people's lives when they get sacked. 

Pearson said it affected his family whilst he was suspended.

If I can have Pearson's severance package then you can sack me tomorrow. I bet there's a few extra noughts on the end compared with anything I'd get if my boss gave me the boot.

5 minutes ago, RamuelLJackson said:

If I can have Pearson's severance package then you can sack me tomorrow. I bet there's a few extra noughts on the end compared with anything I'd get if my boss gave me the boot.

But I think Pearson wanted to be successful at Derby. 

I don't think it's all about money in Football is it at least I hope not.

Just now, curtains said:

But I think Pearson wanted to be successful at Derby. 

I don't think it's all about money in Football is it at least I hope not .

I think he wanted to be successful. I think he trying everything to the point of getting a bit to stressed (perhaps), however i rate his performance, i don't think he didn't try.

I'm sure i remember something a few years ago about how once you're beyond a certain amount of money it loses all meaning as "money" the way we understand it (rent, bills, buy food, etc) and just becomes some sort of measuring stick of how good you are.

Archived