Pearson gone

irobinson

Just now, Pearson said:

So, for the purposes of clarity and to get things into the correct historical context, we employ a manger, give him 8 games to access his squad, let him buy a few players, then give him 6 games and sack him.

And he’s judged a failure on that?

Quiet incredible.

Hi Nige, i think it was your behaviour that got you the boot, although, as fans, its safe to say, the majority judgement is that your football was awful.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Take a look at this defending and tell me why the players aren't at fault. 

He took off a CM and put on a winger. They spot this and crowd midfield. They score 2 goals within 6 minutes of our substitution.

4 minutes ago, sage said:

He took off a CM and put on a winger. They spot this and crowd midfield. They score 2 goals within 6 minutes of our substitution.

Keogh was shocking .

Gave a penalty away needlessly.

At fault for the 2nd Blackburn goal as he was totally out of position and the defending for Blackburns first was comical 

Vydra nearly scored again at 1-1 but for a brilliant save  .

11 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Hi Nige, i think it was your behaviour that got you the boot, although, as fans, its safe to say, the majority judgement is that your football was awful.

Not disputing that, but I believe we were discussing managerial failure over time and opportunity.

The football style and approach is largely subjective and has to be measured against capability, delivery and unrealistic expectations.

Nige

Ever thought the defending was poor due to poor coaching @curtains ?

Your insistence that the players are at fault as they have to take responsibility when stepping over the white line is bizarre. If that was the case, why even bother having managers?

Every manager in the world has their ideas on how they want their teams to play. Every manager in the world wants to play winning football, and most in an entertaining fashion.

It is up to the manager to coach the players and get them to perform to the best of their abilities. 

Why doesn't Mel Morris hire me? Going by your logic he should. I want my teams to play an attacking style, with a high-press. I also don't want my teams to concede any goals. I want to win every game at least 3-0.

So... I pick the team. And when they fail to do this it's the players fault, not mine. Because I've told them how I want to play, I've even coached them to pass it around, attack and defend in training.

I'm blameless when the players cross the white line...

Just now, Bris Vegas said:

Ever thought the defending was poor due to poor coaching @curtains ?

Your insistence that the players are at fault as they have to take responsibility when stepping over the white line is bizarre. If that was the case, why even bother having managers?

Every manager in the world has their ideas on how they want their teams to play. Every manager in the world wants to play winning football, and most in an entertaining fashion.

It is up to the manager to coach the players and get them to perform to the best of their abilities. 

Why doesn't Mel Morris hire me? Going by your logic he should. I want my teams to play an attacking style, with a high-press. I also don't want my teams to concede any goals. I want to win every game at least 3-0.

So... I pick the team. And when they fail to do this it's the players fault, not mine. Because I've told them how I want to play, I've even coached them to pass it around, attack and defend in training.

I'm blameless when the players cross the white line...

Keogh is hopeless .

Pearsons biggest mistake not selling him. 

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Feck me, if he can spot that and change the tactics within 2 minutes of the sub, he has one hell of a career in front of him.

16 minutes ago, Pearson said:

So, for the purposes of clarity and to get things into the correct historical context, we employ a manger, give him 8 games to assess his squad, let him buy a few players, then give him 6 games and sack him.

Quiet incredible.

8 games to assess his squad? What was he doing during pre season and on the training ground every day?

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

8 games to assess his squad? What was he doing during pre season and on the training ground every day?

And the six months prior to pre-season. Pearson had his eye on the Derby job since January, he had ample time to know the players and understand their strengths and weaknesses.

2 minutes ago, curtains said:

Look at this defending against Barnsley .

Hopeless. 

I'm not even sure what the point is that you are trying to make. The defence have been badly organised and made mistakes, I think everyone knows that.

Sith Happens
3 minutes ago, curtains said:

Look at this defending against Barnsley .

Hopeless. 

Not great no, but the attacking wasnt top notch either...

3 minutes ago, bcnram said:

I'm not even sure what the point is that you are trying to make. The defence have been badly organised and made mistakes, I think everyone knows that.

Pearson is getting the blame for everything.

Bryson missed a sitter at Hull in the away leg to make it 3-3 aggregate score so let's blame Wassall when it's the players fault. 

Lets blame Wassall for Butterfield not taking one for the team for stopping  Hulls 3rd goal with a professional foul in the first leg at the IPRO not the player. 

24 minutes ago, Pearson said:

So, for the purposes of clarity and to get things into the correct historical context, we employ a manger, give him 8 games to assess his squad, let him buy a few players, then give him 6 games and sack him.

Quiet incredible.

Failure's not strong enough, Nige.

Archived