The Wardrobe Watch

unclej

13 minutes ago, rynny said:

So what you are saying is that you didn't say that Martin had already agreed the contract with Fulham?

So what deal has he already agreed to?

So that contract you are sure was part of the loan deal that had been agreed, wasn't Martin's contract to sign for Fulham permanently?

It is ok to admit that you got it wrong, but why make things up, did you not expect anyone to find the posts or did you forget?

They are not based on people saying he would return in January, a few posters said he could return, myself included, but I was only 50-50 on whether he would or not, and that was down to whether or not Fulham would allow it and only after Mac had returned.

Did not make nothing up, as Martin is on a season long loan and part of that loan deal is a clause which Fulham can activate and that is to buy Martin at an agreed price -  I would have thought legally that both clubs would have had to ask Martin to be part of that contract to move in June subject to monies  - afterall they could not force Martin to join [if Fulham took up their option to buy] 

It would all be contractual otherwise Martin would have returned in January and this is maybe what Khan was talking about regarding the legal talk against Derby.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, rynny said:

I would trust Rowett over Ramage.

Rowett hasn't seen Martin as much as ramage so I think rowett was suggesting he would like to try it rather then it would work. obviously rowett knows his stuff more then ramage but on this occasion ramage is right imo.

its like you would know martins strengths more then mourinho. You are just a bloke from derby and mourinho is a world class manager. Purely because you have seen plenty of Martin whereas Jose hasn't.

do you think Martin could play well as a no. 10? Really?

11 hours ago, toddy said:

Nothing bad, just that I made a statement regarding the Martin/ Fulham saga and because I failled to give my source it must not be true :lol:.

But hey, if I had said my source was a friend at the Mirror, SSN desk or indeed Mel's cousin I would still have been shot down, because it's not what was written but because some that don't wish it to be correct, so it has to be made up.:lol:

I have already stated alot  of the sports  journos are aware of the Martin/Fulham saga as it is months old news and one or two are aware of Lambert's intended offer on Martin, but again those on here don't want it to be true, will try to disregard it.

Blimey, can I put the violin down yet? You don't half indulge in self pity. Unfortunately you get the reaction you do because you regurgitate journalistic rumours as ITK facts. The sad thing is that you make very valid points in other threads but where CM is concerned, you are so blinkered that you may as well be running in the 3:30pm at Aintree. Come on admit it, you love him really.

8 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Rowett hasn't seen Martin as much as ramage so I think rowett was suggesting he would like to try it rather then it would work. obviously rowett knows his stuff more then ramage but on this occasion ramage is right imo.

its like you would know martins strengths more then mourinho. You are just a bloke from derby and mourinho is a world class manager. Purely because you have seen plenty of Martin whereas Jose hasn't.

The few times I have seen play him play as a number 10 has made me think that he can play there, yes.

2 hours ago, Simsy said:

No. Rammage told rowett straight too. He's a 9 and that's it. He don't have the legs.

Ramage talks *****. 

Get Ramsplayer. Watch the full 90 with any game he's commentating on.

Tell me if what you're hearing is any reflection of what's happening.

Where do you think Martin played for Norwich and palace 

1 hour ago, Simsy said:

1 hour ago, rynny said:

The few times I have seen play him play as a number 10 has made me think that he can play there, yes.

He's done it ffs!!! 

For 2 clubs!

Of course Martin can play the number 10, what is it that he lacks that would make him unsuitable? I also think he will hugely benefit from getting the ball early, which as Rowett wants us getting the ball forward quicker, I would expect to happen more often.

On 29/04/2017 at 09:51, Simsy said:

No. Rammage told rowett straight too. He's a 9 and that's it. He don't have the legs.

Ramage also stated that Ince and Russell were like for like as are Butters and Bryson. 

He also failed to mention that Martin's achieved successive promotions as a #10.

Ozil's hardly a workhorse is he? 

3 hours ago, cannable said:

Ramage also stated that Ince and Russell were like for like as are Butters and Bryson. 

He also failed to mention that Martin's achieved successive promotions as a #10.

Ozil's hardly a workhorse is he? 

What's often missed in this conversation (and what Ramage in his infinite wisdom obviously missed) is it's about pairing the right player at #10 with the right player up front. Put Martin at #10 with a hard work energetic striker in front and watch as he picks the player out with a pass time and time again, and both players thrive. Similarly if you have Martin up front, you want a #10/ attacking midfielder who is going to burst beyond him. It's why Martin thrived playing as a #10 at Norwich with Holt up front and it's why he did so well played up front at Derby because he was effectivley paired with Bryson or Hendrick.

This is a clip from the awards evening tonight, with Tom Ince being interviewed for his top goal scorer award. Keep an ear out at around the 40 second mark.

Love that from Ince, he's probably my favourite player and it suggests that the talk of him and CM disliking each other is utter tripe.

12 minutes ago, Spanish said:

so the loan agreement allowed him to play post season?  Who negotiated that contract?  Unless we get paid more money of course

It's the FA's and FIFA's rules, the playoffs are part ofbthe season, there isn't much we could have done about it.

19 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Available for the playoffs for Fulham. Come on Chrissy f*ck their hopes for us please. :D:lol:

Why the Fulham hate DEL? It seems to me they have acted professionally throughout the loan period which was properly agreed with us.

Even though Fulham have played well since his sending off l think he will be picked again over the coming weeks, with Ayite and Aluko playing off him. He does suit their present set-up/style of play very well. I hope they/he does well.

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

It's the FA's and FIFA's rules, the playoffs are part ofbthe season, there isn't much we could have done about it.

thanks didn't realise that, probably getting mixed up with a returning player cannot play (QPR guys were excluded I recall) unless I got that wrong also:D

1 minute ago, Spanish said:

thanks didn't realise that, probably getting mixed up with a returning player cannot play (QPR guys were excluded I recall) unless I got that wrong also:D

He would not have been able to play for us if we had made the playoffs and Fulham didn't. Season long loans last until both teams have played all their fixtures.

Archived